Thank you for selecting this Yamaha NS-C80 speaker system.
This model is designed mainly to be used as a center speaker system.
Read these precautions carefully before operating
• When using an amplifier with a rated output power
higher than the music input of the speaker, care
should be taken never to exceed the speaker's
• Do not attempt to clean the speaker with chemical
solvents as this might damage the finish. To clean,
wipe with a dry, soft cloth.
• To prevent the enclosure from warping or
discoloring, do not place the speaker where it will
be exposed to direct sunlight or excessive humidity.
• Do not place the speaker where it is liable to be
knocked over or struck by falling objects. Stable
placement will also ensure better sound
• Placing the speaker on the same shelf or rack as
the turntable can result in feedback.
• Anytime you note distortion, reduce the volume
control on your power amplifier/receiver to a lower
setting. Never allow your power amplifier to be
driven into "clipping".
• Secure placing is the owner's responsibility.
YAMAHA shall not be liable to any accident
caused by an improper placing of the speaker.
Center Speaker System
PLACING THE SPEAKER
• The speaker should be placed so that it is
stabilized (with its wide surface down).
Do not place the speaker on either end or with its
narrow surface down.
• Though this speaker is a magnetic shielding
type, there may be an influence on TV picture
according to the type of TV or the placement of
the speaker. In such a case, place the speaker
apart from the TV so that there is no influence on