To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from electrocution:
• Be sure power is not connected BEFORE installing door control.
• Connect ONLY to 24 VOLT low voltage wires.
To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from a closing garage
• Install door control within sight of garage door, out of reach of
children at a minimum height of 5 feet
(1.5 m), and away from all moving parts of door.
• NEVER permit children to operate or play with door control push
buttons or remote control transmitters.
• Activate door ONLY when it can be seen clearly, is properly adjusted,
and there are no obstructions to door travel.
• ALWAYS keep garage door in sight until completely closed. NEVER
permit anyone to cross path of closing garage door.
• Unplug the motor unit before proceeding.
• OPEN RECEIVER: Insert a small screwdriver in slot on
receiver front panel as shown. Twist up actuator cover.
• CONNECT RECEIVER AND MOTOR UNIT: Remove about
1/4" of insulation from each end of the 2-strand bell wire.
Connect one end to the receiver screw terminals (polarity is
NOT required). Route wire along the channels and out the
bottom as shown.
• Connect the other end of the bell wire to the two motor unit
terminals labeled "2" (white) and "1" (red), "common" and
"command" or the terminals used for the push button control.
• Use insulated staples to secure bell wire between receiver and
motor unit. Length of bell wire depends on where the receiver
will be installed. Replace actuator cover.
• Choose a 120Vac polarized outlet for the receiver which is
OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Plug receiver into
selected outlet. Return power to the motor unit.
PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TO
, the code between the remote control and the
receiver changes with each use, accessing over 100 billion new
You can activate your motor unit with up to 8 Security✚
controls and one Security✚
1. Pry open the front panel of receiver case with a screwdriver.
Re-connect power to motor unit.
2. Press and release the "SMART" actuator on the receiver. The
learn indicator light will glow steadily for 30 seconds.
3. Within 30 seconds, press and hold the button on the hand-held
remote that you wish to operate your garage door.
The motor unit will now operate when either the receiver actuator
or the remote control push button is pressed.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for each remote control that will be used to
operate the garage door motor unit.
Some states prohibit the service or repair of garage door motor units
which cannot be made to comply with the safety standards contained in
UL 325 (1988 revision). In order to comply with both the letter and the
spirit of these laws, this universal remote control converter kit should
not be used with any Sears Craftsman
manufactured prior to April 1, 1982.
TO ERASE ALL REMOTE CONTROL CODES
Press and hold the "SMART" actuator on the receiver panel until
the indicator light turns off (about 6 seconds). All transmitter codes
are now erased. Then follow the steps above to reprogram each
NOTICE: To comply with FCC and or Industry Canada (IC) rules, adjustment or modifications of this
receiver and/or transmitter are prohibited, except for changing the code setting or replacing the
battery. THERE ARE NO OTHER USER SERVICEABLE PARTS.
Tested to Comply with FCC Standards FOR HOME OR OFFICE USE. Operation is subject to the
following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device
must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
To order replacement parts call...
NOTICE TO U. S. CONSUMERS:
Power Indicator Light
garage door opener
Connect Bell Wire
To Garage Door