1 Preparing the battery pack
For customers in the USA and
Insert the battery pack into the battery charger.
• Insert the battery pack as far as it will go, the press the back of the battery pack gently until it clicks.
Connect the battery charger to the wall outlet (wall socket).
The CHARGE lamp lights up, and charging starts.
When the CHARGE lamp turns off, charging is finished (Normal charge). Also, the CHARGE lamp
may turn off when the temperature is outside of the recommended operating temperature (10 to 30°C),
as the charger is on standby.
Approx. 300 min.
• The table above shows the time required to charge a fully depleted battery pack at a temperature of 25 °C
(77 °F). Charging may take longer depending on conditions of use and circumstances.
• See page 26 for the number of images that can be recorded.
• Connect the battery charger to the nearest wall outlet (wall socket).
• Even if the CHARGE lamp is not lit, the battery charger is not disconnected from the AC power source
(mains) as long as it is connected to the wall outlet (wall socket). If some trouble occurs while using the
battery charger, immediately shut off the power by disconnecting the plug from the wall outlet (wall
• When charging is finished, disconnect the power cord (mains lead) from the wall outlet (wall socket), and
remove the battery pack from the battery charger.
• Designed for use with compatible Sony batteries.
For customers other than those in the USA and
Approx. 240 min.
Power cord (mains lead)