PC-AV18P Quick Setup Guide
THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING THE SHARP PERSONAL COMPUTER. WE HOPE
YOU WILL ENJOY COMFORTABLE COMPUTING, BUT BEFORE STARTING TO USE
YOUR COMPUTER, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Be sure to check all the following items are included:
• Notebook Computer
• AC Adapter
• AC Power Cord
• Battery Pack
• Modem Cable
• Core for LAN Cable
• Weight Saver
• Recovery CD-ROMs Pack
• Windows Quick Start Guide
• Operation Manual
• Supplement Sheet
Install the battery pack into the
1. Place the computer with the bottom up on a stable work
2. Insert the battery pack into the battery compartment.
3. Push the battery pack until it is locked into place.
4. Turn your computer over.
Carefully inspect each component to make sure nothing is
missing or damaged. If any of these items is missing or
damaged, notify your dealer immediately. Be sure to save the
shipping materials and carton in case you need to ship or store
the computer in the future.
Some brochures or supplements may be contained other than
Attach the core to your LAN cable to insure compliance with
requirements of EMC regulationsfor computing equipment.
Connect the computer to AC power.
1. Plug the AC adapter cable to the AC adapter jack on the
rear side of your computer.
2. Plug the AC power cord into the AC adapter.
3. Plug the AC power cord into a wall outlet.
• Always use the AC adapter and AC power cord
included with the computer. Using others may
damage your computer.
• Always hold the AC power cord by the plug
when removing it from the wall outlet. Never
pull on the cord.
• When using your computer for the first time, be
sure to operate it on AC power. If on battery
power instead, you may not be able to complete
the Windows setup if the battery does not have
AC Power Cord
Please turn over and
go to the next section