Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America
One Panasonic Way, Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
Panasonic Puerto Rico, Inc.
Ave. 65 de Infantería, Km. 9.5 San Gabriel Industrial Park, Carolina, Puerto Rico 00985
Before requesting service, make the below checks. If you are in doubt about
some of the check points, or if the remedies indicated in the chart do not solve
the problem, see "Product information" at right for assistance.
The clock shows "-:--".
• Set the clock.
There is a lot of
• Keep away from mobile phones, televisions, and other
• Extend and change the direction of the antenna.
The alarm doesn't
• Ensure the alarm's indicator is on ("ALARM 1", "ALARM
sound at the set time.
2", or "ALARM 3").
The memory has
• Reset the items into the memory.
• Insert a battery to preserve the memory contents.
"no dISC" appears.
• You haven't inserted a CD.
Play doesn't start or
• Clean the CD.
display is incorrect.
fingerprints, gently wipe them off with a cotton swab.
• Wait an hour for condensation to dry, then try again.
• Make sure the label is facing out.
• Replace the CD if it is scratched, warped, or irregularly
The CD or radio
• These displays disappear after a few seconds. To show
them again, press [DISPLAY, –DIMMER].
Thank you for purchasing this product.
Before connecting, operating or adjusting this product, please read these
instructions completely. Please keep this manual for future reference.
Illustrations show the model for the United States.
1 loop antenna: RSA0031
Use the numbers indicated when asking for replacement parts.
(Only for U.S.A.)
To order accessories contact 1-800-332-5368 or the website (http:/
Panasonic Canada Inc.
5770 Ambler Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2T3
© 2003 Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Printed in China
1. Damage requiring service — The unit should be serviced by qualified service
(a) The AC power supply cord or the plug has been damaged; or
(b) Objects or liquids have gotten into the unit; or
(c) The unit has been exposed to rain; or
(d) The unit does not operate normally or exhibits a marked change in
(e) The unit has been dropped or the cabinet damaged.
2. Servicing — Do not attempt to service the unit beyond that described in these
operating instructions. Refer all other servicing to authorized servicing personnel.
3. Replacement parts — When parts need replacing ensure the servicer uses parts
specified by the manufacturer or parts that have the same characteristics as the
original parts. Unauthorized substitutes may result in fire, electric shock, or other
4. Safety check — After repairs or service, ask the servicer to perform safety checks
to confirm that the unit is in proper working condition.
For product information or assistance with product operation:
In the U.S.A., contact the Panasonic Customer Call Center at 1-800-211-7262, or the website
http://www.panasonic.com/contactinfo, or the website http://www.panasonic.com/support.
In Canada, contact the Panasonic Canada Inc. Customer Care Centre at 905-624-5505, or visit the
website (www.panasonic.ca), or an authorized Servicentre close to you.
The model number and serial number of this product can be found on either the
back or the bottom of the unit.
Please note them in the space provided below and keep for future reference.
DATE OF PURCHASE
CD Clock Radio