Philips BHH880 - StyleCare Essential Heated Brush Manual
Read this user manual carefully before you use the appliance and keep it for future reference.
Do not use this appliance near water.
- When the appliance is used in a bathroom, unplug it after use since the proximity of water presents a risk, even when the appliance is switched off.
Do not use this appliance near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water.
- Always unplug the appliance after use.
- If the main cord is damaged, you must have it replaced by Philips, a service centre authorised by Philips or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Before you connect the appliance, ensure that the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds to the local power voltage.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual.
- Do not use the appliance on artificial hair.
- When the appliance is connected to the power, never leave it unattended.
- Never use any accessories or parts from other manufacturers or that Philips does not specifically recommend. If you use such accessories or parts, your guarantee becomes invalid.
- Do not wind the main cord round the appliance.
- Only use the appliance on dry hair.
- Wait until the appliance has cooled down before you store it.
- Pay full attention when using the appliance since it could be extremely hot. Only hold the handle as the bristles are hot and avoid contact with the skin.
- Always place the appliance on a heatresistant, stable flat surface. The hot brush should never touch the surface or other flammable material.
- Avoid the main cord from coming into contact with the hot parts of the appliance.
- Keep the appliance away from flammable objects and material when it is switched on.
- Never cover the appliance with anything (e.g. a towel or clothing) when it is hot.
- Do not operate the appliance with wet hands.
- Keep the brush clean and free of dust and styling products such as mousse, spray and gel. Never use the appliance in combination with styling products.
- The metal bristles have coating. This coating might slowly wear away over time. However, this does not affect the performance of the appliance.
- If the appliance is used on colortreated hair, the brush may be stained.
- Always return the appliance to a service centre authorized by Philips for examination or repair. Repair by unqualified people could result in an extremely hazardous situation for the user.
- Do not insert metal objects into openings to avoid electric shock.
- Do not pull on the power cord after using. Always unplug the appliance by holding the plug.
- Do not clean any part of the brush under tap water as it is extremely dangerous.
- For additional protection, we advise you to install a residual current device (RCD) in the electrical circuit that supplies the bathroom. This RCD must have a rated residual operating current not higher than 30mA. Ask your installer for advice.
- Burn hazard. Keep appliance out of reach from young children, particularly during use and cool down.
Electromagnetic fields (EMF)
This Philips appliance complies with all applicable standards and regulations regarding exposure to electromagnetic fields.
- Do not throw away the appliance with the normal household waste at the end of its life, but hand it in an official collection point for recycling. By doing this, you help to preserve the environment.
- Follow your country's rules for the separate collection of electrical and electronic products. Correct disposal helps prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
How to use
- Only use the brush on dry hair.
- Bristles are hot. Do not touch the bristles nor put the bristles too close to your hair roots or scalp, to avoid unintended burns.
- Some parts of the brush may be hot. Hold the product by its handle.
- Remove your fingers when the brush is close to hair ends to avoid touching the bristles.
- Do not wash the brush under running water.
- Connect the plug to a power supply socket.
- Comb your hair thoroughly and divide them into small sections.
- Slide the temperature switch () to select your desired setting according to the table as below.
The indicator () will keep blinking until the appliance is ready for use.
|Thin / Medium hair
To straighten your hair
- Use a round brush or comb to detangle your hair before using.
- Select one section of hair and put the heated brush () underneath the hair strand with bristles facing upwards, about 3cm away from your hair roots.
- Hold the selected hair section taut. Slide down the brush slowly to your hair ends in a single motion and slightly turn in the brush as you reach the ends to give soft flicks to the ends.
- Allow the section of hair to cool for 2-3 seconds. On the same hair with brush facing downwards, hold the hair taut and slowly slide down to your hair ends in a single motion without stopping.
- Repeat steps 2-4 as necessary until you get your desired results.
- To turn off the appliance, slide the switch () to O.
- Let the hair sections cool down before you finger-comb the hair into its final style. For long lasting results, mist with hairspray.
Tips and Tricks
- Flatten the selected section of hair between your fingers before placing hair on the brush so that hair is spread evenly across the brush.
- Place selected hair as close as possible to the heated base of the brush to ensure there is good contact with hair for better styling results.
- Switch off the appliance and unplug it.
- Place it on a heat-resistant surface until it cools down.
- Clean the appliance and bristles by damp cloth and use your fingers to remove hair or dust on the brush.
- Keep it in a safe and dry place, free of dust. You can also hang it with the hanging loop ().
Guarantee and service
If you need information e.g. about replacement of an attachment or if you have a problem, please visit the Philips website at www.philips.com.cn/support or contact the Philips Consumer Care Center in your country.The phone number is in the worldwide guarantee leaflet. If there is no Consumer Care Centre in your country, go to your local Philips dealer.
The appliance does not work at all.
|The power socket to which the appliance has been connected may be broken.
- Check the appliance is plugged in correctly.
- Check the fuse for this power socket in your home.
The hair strand is not straight enough after styling.
|Temperature setting is too low to reach the desired style.
- Brush your hair when the indicator stops blinking.
- Change temperature setting to .
- Put the selected hair strand close to the heating base of the brush.
© 2021 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
Documents / Resources
Here you can download full pdf version of manual, it may contain additional safety instructions, warranty information, FCC rules, etc.
Download Philips BHH880 - StyleCare Essential Heated Brush Manual