8' Semi-Rigid Dryer Vent Kit with 2 Elbows
Kit de ventilación de secadora semirrígida de 8' con 2 codos
Ensemble d'évent de sécheuse semi-rigide de 8 pi avec 2 coudes
Exhaust system requirements
Use only 4 in. (102 mm) diameter (minimum) rigid or semi rigid
metal duct and approved vent hood which has a swing-out damper
or dampers that open when the dryer is in operation. When the
dryer stops, the damper or dampers automatically close to prevent
drafts and the entrance of insects and rodents. To avoid restricting
the outlet, maintain a minimum of 12 inches (30.5 cm) clearance
between the vent hood and the ground or any other obstruction.
Failure to follow these instructions can create excessive drying
times and fire hazards.
The following are specific requirements for proper and safe
operation of your dryer.
• Failure to follow safety warnings exactly could result in
serious injury, death, or property damage.
• DO NOT install a booster fan in dryer exhaust duct.
• Install all clothes dryers in accordance with the installation
instructions in this manual.
• A clothes dryer must be exhausted outdoors.
• DO NOT exhaust dryer into a chimney, a wall, a ceiling, an
attic, a crawl space or any concealed space of a building.
• A clothes dryer produces combustible lint. If the dryer is not
exhausted outdoors, some fine lint will be expelled into the
laundry area. An accumulation of lint in any area of the home
can create a health and fire hazard.
• The dryer must be connected to an exhaust outdoors.
• Regularly inspect the outdoor exhaust opening and remove any
accumulation of lint around the outdoor exhaust opening and in
the surrounding area.
• DO NOT allow combustible materials (for example: clothing,
draperies/curtains, paper) to come in contact with exhaust
system. The dryer MUST NOT be exhausted into a chimney, a
wall, a ceiling, or any concealed space of a building which can
accumulate lint, resulting in a fire hazard.
• DO NOT screen the exhaust ends of the vent system, or use any
screws, rivets or other fasteners that extend into the duct to
assemble the exhaust system. No screen,
grate, or guard of any mesh size is allowed
to cover the exhaust opening. Lint can
become caught in the screen, grate, guard,
or on the screws or rivets, clogging the
duct work and creating a fire hazard as well as increasing
drying times. Use an approved vent hood to terminate the duct
outdoors, and seal all joints with metal foil tape. All male duct
pipe fittings MUST be installed downstream with the flow of air.
5304492448 (August 2022)