LICENSED PRODUCT Yamaha, the Crossed Tuning Fork Design, and any likeness thereof are trademarks of Yamaha Motor Corp. U.S.A. and Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (“Yamaha”) used under license by Sport Dimension Inc. www.yamaha-motor.com. This Product is not manufactured by Yamaha. For consumer purposes, please contact Sport Dimension Inc.
CONTENTS INTRODUCTION WARNING PARTS DIAGRAM BATTERY CAUTION CHARGING THE BATTERY REPLACING THE BATTERY GETTING STARTED 10-11 CARE & MAINTENANCE BUYING PARTS TROUBLESHOOTING 13-14 - Unit does not function - Blocked propeller - Flooding events - Blocked triggers CAMERA ASSEMBLY TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS WARRANTY &...
You submerge and it reacts and adapts….. You toggle into gear, it comes to life…. THE YAMAHA PROFESSIONAL DIVE LI SERIES! The Seascooter introduces the first LI-ION battery system in a lightweight recreational DPV that can be charged inside the unit, but that is also removable for external charging and simple battery replacements required for back-to-back dives or snorkel runs.
WARNING • ALWAYS wear a life vest (personal floatation device - PFD) • This is not a life saving device. approved by your local authorities for Snorkeling: (U.S. DO NOT use it as a buoyancy aid. Coast Guard Type III vest in the US or Canadian Coast Guard approved life vest in Canada or SAI Approval PFD in Australia or ISO/CE Approved PFD in Europe).
• When not in use, always turn the Master Switch to the OFF position. • Do not use the Seascooter 500Li and 350Li below the recommended maximum depth of 40m/130ft. • Do not use the Seascooter 220Li below the recommended maximum depth of 30m/100ft.
BATTERY CAUTION 500Li Battery: Suitable for use in the 500Li / 350Li / 220Li Seascooter 350Li Battery: Only suitable for use in the 350Li / 220Li Seascooter 220Li Battery: Only suitable for use in the 220Li Seascooter ((See page 12)) WARNING! Replace the battery immediately if it is damaged.
7. Charging will take around 3-5 hours for a fully discharged 220Li battery, 4-6 hours for a fully discharged 350Li battery and 7-9 hours for a fully discharged 500Li battery. When the Battery Pod is charging, the LED light of the charger turns RED. When the battery is fully charged, the LED light turns GREEN (see Fig.
10. Replace with a new suitable battery pod. IMPORTANT: 500Li battery pod is suitable for use in the 500Li, 350Li and 220Li Seascooter. 350Li battery pod is only suitable for use in the 350Li & 220Li Seascooter. 220Li Battery pod is only suitable for use in 220Li Seascooter. (see page 12)
11. MAKE SURE the seals and sealing surface are clean and Fully lubricated with the supplied grease EVERYTIME (you can also buy this at your local hardware store) before replacing the Inner Nose Cone. (see Fig. 20 and 21) 12. Align the arrow marking and close the inner nose cone by pushing all the way down. (see Fig. 22) 13.
3. The Professional Dive Li series unit automatically assumes neutral to positive buoyancy in seawater. It will have less buoyancy in fresh water and pool and may sink in such waters. In fresh water the 500Li unit may assume slight negative buoyancy. The 350Li and 220Li units assume neutral to positive buoyancy.
1. User should always try and assume the most horizontal body position for the Good best performance results. (see Fig. 28) Best LED battery status indicator (operates when Master Switch is on) Your Seascooter has a Battery Status Indicator (see Fig. 1 “Parts Diagram” - part 15), which can be seen through the LED Window located in the Handle. When the battery is full, 3 green LEDs are on.
350Li and 220Li Seascooter. When upgrading your 350Li or 220Li with an 500Li battery pack always insert EPS floats inside the Nose cone as illustrated for adding extra buoyancy. Never use the 350Li or 220Li with 500Li...
TROUBLESHOOTING Unit does not function If the Propeller does not start when the trigger(s) is/are pressed, make sure: 1. The Master Switch is ON. 2. The Battery Pod is fully charged. (see page 7, Charging The Battery) 3. The battery compartment is dry. Blocked Propeller If the Propeller becomes blocked, it will be necessary to open the Protective Grilles to remove the obstacle.
9. Replace the washer and nut and tighten with the socket wrench while holding the Propeller; make sure it is securely fastened. (see Fig. 36) 10. Re-install the rear grille. Propeller 11. Install the Battery Pod and replace the Nose Cone when ready for use. Propeller Shaft Sand or Grit on O-ring Seal Ensure that sand/grit does not get on the seals as correct maintenance and care is essential.
CAMERA ASSEMBLY Can be used with GoPro ® HERO [3, 3+, 4, or 5] cameras, or other camera with using the same mount system. To attach your camera to a mount, firstly you will need a thumb screw or hardware depending on the mount you are using. Attachment Buckle Thumb Screw Waterhousing...
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS 500Li SEASCOOTER™ Unit Dimensions 12.6 inches x 11.8 inches x 24 inches (319 x 300 x 610 mm) Unit Weight 21 lb (9.5 kg) (with rechargeable Li-ion battery) Battery Type 1 x 22 V / 12000 mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery...
States or Canada, please contact your Local Distributor for warranty arrangements in your territory. Please visit www.seascooter.net for Distributor / Service Center details. Distributors ONLY warrant Yamaha Seascooter products purchased from an authorized dealer and with an original purchase receipt. All warranties are limited to a single original owner on the purchase of new and current product from an authorized reseller.
LIMITED WARRANTY for seascooters with camera mount: • ALWAYS inspect to ensure the product works properly every time before use. Warranty of this product does not cover any damages due to misuse. • Failure to follow the user(s) instructions on packaging and/or user(s) manual may result in damages or loss of your cameras including but not limited to any user’s personal items, all of which are not covered under warranty of this product.
For the latest updates and further information on the complete range of the Seascooter™, PLEASE VISIT www.yamahaseascooters.com Yamaha, the Crossed Tuning Fork Design, and any likeness thereof are trademarks of Yamaha Motor Corp. U.S.A. and Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. (“Yamaha”) used under license by Sport Dimension Inc. www.yamaha-motor.com.