LG Incite Applications Take some time to explore the applications that are available on your LG Incite. Here are a few applications to get you started. Internet Sharing Use your device as a internet Apps Use pre-installed applications. sharing device.
Please keep this page open as you read this guide. © 2008 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. LG Incite Hands free Connector Stylus Connector...
Insert a microSD™ Memory Card ... 8 Power On the Device ... 8 Attach your Stylus ...9 Learn to Use the Basic Functions of LG Incite ..10 Check your Wireless Network Connection ... 10 Status Indicators ... 10 Entering Text on your device in portrait mode 11 Entering Text on your device in Landscape mode ...13...
Table of Contents AT&T Navigator ...28 AT&T Navigator for LG Incite ... 28 Download and Installation Instructions ... 29 Login Instructions ... 29 Generate a Route ... 30 Exiting AT&T Navigator ... 30 Music and Video ...31 Access AT&T Music ... 31 Access CV ...
Welcome to AT&T What’s in the Box? Remove the following items from the box to help you set up your LG Incite. Travel Adapter Data cable Getting Started Guide Standard Battery Getting Started Guide Includes User Manual, Stylus Microsoft ActiveSync,...
Note: If you have an available USB port on your computer and you have installed the LG Incite Desktop Software, you can use the USB cable that came with your smartphone to connect your smartphone to your computer for charging.
1. Before connecting the charger to the phone you must first check that the battery is installed. 2. Connect the small end of the travel charger cable to the USB port on the upper left side of your LG Incite.
Set Up Your LG Incite Insert a microSD™ Memory Card Use a memory card to extend the memory available on your LG Incite for storing media files such as ring tones, videos, pictures, or songs. 1. Lift the top edge of the cover to expose the memory card slot.
Attach your Stylus 1. Open the Stylus. 2. Loop the string of the Stylus cap through the Stylus Connector Slot. 3. Pull the Stylus cap through the string to secure Stylus. 4. Insert Stylus pointer back into cap.
Learn to Use the Basic Functions of LG Incite Check your Wireless Network Connection Verify if your device is connected to a wireless network by checking the signal strength icon and the data connection icon on the title bar of the Standby screen. Before you make a call, check that your device has a wireless connection and the status of the other icons in the title bar.
Entering Text on your device in portrait mode The LG Incite has a touchscreen keyboard that allows you to enter information by tapping the keys that appear on screen. The keyboard supports a XT9 (predictive text) and regular (abc or multi-tap) mode.
Learn to Use the Basic Functions of LG Incite XT9 Mode (predictive text) In portrait mode, the XT9 (predictive text) mode lets you enter characters by tapping the key labeled with the required letter a single time. The device will determine what word you are entering by the sequence of keys that you have tapped.
Entering Text on your device in Landscape mode Arrow key Arrow key The Keyboard icon key provides a visual indication of which keyboard is in use. To change the keyboard, use the Up Arrow key next to the Keyboard icon. Pressing the arrow in either portrait or landscape mode will provide several different keyboards to choose from for text entry.
Menu and Delete, the menu that you select is removed from the Favorite application. Slide the menu to a location where you want to move if you want to change the priority. LG Menu organizes the frequently used menus by category. Select between the following categories.
Communications Multimedia Menus containing Call, Messaging, Menus containing Camera, Video, Contacts, IM etc. FM Radio and AT&T Music etc. Applications: Settings Application menus containing AT&T GPS, Settings menus containing Phone, Calculator, StopWatch etc. Wireless Manager, Sensor etc. Home screen : Go to Today screen.
If you want to adjust the backlight timeout, tap Start > Settings > System tab > Backlight, and select your preffered time from your dropdown list. (Time required: 1 minute) or tap or tap End button call on the screen. Speaker Off. (LG Menu) > (Settings) > appears in (Sensor) >...
Set Up Voicemail (Time required: 1 minute) 1. To connect to the AT&T voicemail system, tap and hold the 1 key 2. Create your password. 3. Record your name. 4. Record a greeting. Check Your Voicemail Messages 1. Press and hold the 1 key 2.
2. On the Call History screen, tap Menu > Save to Contacts. Copy Contacts from the SIM Card to the Device (Time required: 1 minute) 1. Tap (LG Menu) > (Communication) > (Contacts) 2. Tap Menu > Select Contacts > Select Several or All.
Send/Receive Text Messages (SMS) Send a Text Message 1. On the Standby screen tap 2. Perform one of the following actions: - Enter the text message address of one or more recipients, separating them with a semicolon. - To access addresses and phone numbers from Contacts, tap 3.
- To delete the picture, tap the - To forward the picture, tap the Send a Multimedia Message 1. Tap (LG Menu) > (Multimedia) > 2. Select a picture or a video file that you want to send. 3. Tap Send > MMS (Multimedia Messages).
Use Instant Messaging (IM) If you subscribe to an instant messaging (IM) service such as Yahoo!, AOL or Windows Live, you can take the convenience and fun of IM on the go with your LG Incite. Sign In (Time required: 2 minutes) 1.
Access the Web About The MEdia Net Browser (Favorites tab) is the quickest method to access the internet. On the Favorites tab, you can open the Browser with a tap access the internet using the MEdia Net shortcut AT&T's branded web portal, MEdia Net, allows you to access your favorite content (weather, news, etc.) and the ability to download ringtones and other personalization content.
Shop with AT&T MEdia Mall Personalize your phone with downloadable games, graphics and ringtones from the hottest artists. (LG Menu) > (Multimedia) > • Browse thousands of ringtones from the classics to today’s top performers at Tones. • Get free trials of mobile applications and games at •...
• Personal email accounts from internet service providers (ISP) like Yahoo!, AOL or Hotmail. Personal email accounts can be wirelessly synchronized with your LG Incite. To set up a personal wireless email with your LG Incite, you can use self service set up with Xpress Mail.
5. Then tap Yes, then OK to restart. 6. Tap OK to accept the license agreement. 7. Confirm your 10 digit phone number and tap Next. 8. Select Portal or ISP and tap Next. 9. Choose your provider and tap Next. If your email provider is not listed, tap More to view an additional list of personal email providers.
Email Corporate Wireless Email To set up corporate wireless email on your LG Incite, you can use self service set up or IT managed set up. • Self Service Corporate Wireless Email Set Up Xpress Mail can provide wireless access to your corporate email from your device without support from IT.
Ringtones Select a Ringtone 1. Tap (LG Menu) > (Settings) > 2. Adjust one of the following options: - Ring type: Determines the incoming call notification mode. You can select from [Ring], [Increasing ring], [Ring once], [Vibrate], [Vibrate and ring], [Vibrate then ring], [None].
AT&T Navigator AT&T Navigator for LG Incite AT&T Navigator helps you get around town by providing voice guided turn-by- turn GPS driving directions with real time traffic based navigation. As you drive, AT&T Navigator monitors traffic ahead of you. If the service detects an incident, it alerts you and gives you the option to route around traffic using one click.
2. Select the Get AT&T Nevigator icon. 3. Once the Browser has launched, you will be presented with a release waiver from LG. Read the terms and conditions carefully. If you agree with the terms, scroll to the bottom and press the I Agree option.
AT&T Navigator Generate a Route 1. Select the Drive To option. 2. Select the Address option and choose the Type In Address Option. 3. Enter the address for your desired destination. 4. AT&T Navigator will attempt to validate the address and prompt you to confirm the address.
• Listen to your music with the integrated Album, Genre, or Playlist. • Personalize LG Incite with music ringtones and Answer Tones™ at • Instantly find out the artist’s name and the title of a song with MusicID. • Visit one or more hot user communities by going to Community. Interact with friends and the community as well as review artist fan sites.
Music and Video Transfer Music from a PC 1. Connect your LG Incite smartphone to your computer. 2. On your computer, open the Mobile Device. 3. Double-click the My Music folder. 4. Drag a file or folder from one location to another.
Video Share About Video Share Share events the moment they happen. Video Share lets you stream live video directly to your contacts. Note: Video Share is a one way video, two way audio connection. Make a Video Share call 1. Dial, or accept a call from, another Video Share capable device. 2.
Video Share Accept a Video Share call 1. When receiving a Video Share request, the name or number of the person initiating the call will appear on the screen with the prompt …wants to share video with you. Accept the connection?. 2.
Sync Your Device with Your PC Set up and Sync Using ActiveSync If you are using Windows XP the Getting Started CD that comes with your device contains Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 or later. Follow the steps below to install and set up ActiveSync on Windows XP. 1.
When you finish the wizard, Windows Mobile Device Center synchronizes your device automatically. Calendar Schedule an Appointment (Time required: 3 minutes) 1. Tap (LG Menu) > (Communication) > (Calendar). 2. Tap Menu. 3. Select New Appointment. 4. Type the appointment information.
- Wi-Fi networks allows the device to connect to local wireless networks, or access the Internet wirelessly. - Wi-Fi is faster and has a greater range than Bluetooth wireless technology. Turn Wi-Fi On/Off (Time required: 1 minute) (LG Menu) > (Settings) > (Wireless Manager). 2. To turn on Wi-Fi, tap Wi-Fi button.
• Verify that you have turned on the connection to the wireless network. • If you were traveling and you selected a network manually, your LG Incite should remain connected to that network until you select your home network again.
3. Follow the onscreen alignment instructions, and then press OK. 4. If your LG Incite still doesn’t respond, do a soft (or normal) reset. Find the Soft reset key which is small hole on the left side of your device shown in the picture.
Troubleshooting When should I perform a Hard Reset? A Hard Reset should only be performed after all other troubleshooting options have been tried. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings - the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on.
Tips and Tricks General Tips Find out Soft reset key which is small hole at the left side of your device. Use Reset the stylus to press the reset key and hold it for a while. Your device may shut down.
Tips and Tricks Screen Lock the screen Unlock the screen Voicemail Check voicemail You might need to reactivate the backlight to enter information or change the setting, such as entering a passcode for a conference call or changing to speakerphone mode. When the backlight turns off after the time you set, you can press any button or tap the screen to turn the backlight back on.
Indicators Home unopened message count missed calendar reminder Bluetooth technology is turned on missed call count Message List Status Indicators New email or text messages. New voice mail There are more notifications. Tap the icon to view all. Battery Power Level Indicators Indicates the remained battery power .