Portable Paint Station
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT
FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
IF YOU SHOULD HAVE A QUESTION OR EXPERIENCE A
PROBLEM WITH YOUR BLACK & DECKER PRODUCT,
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AVAILABLE, CATALOG No., TYPE No., AND
DATE CODE (e.g. 20000130M). IN MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE
YOUR PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR COMMENT, GIVE US A CALL.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
ADVERTENCIA: LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Cat No. WPS100
Form # 628716-00
Copyright © 2004 Black & Decker
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY, USER MUST READ AND
UNDERSTAND INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
1. Do not use or mount power tools on top surface.
2. Do not load top surface with more than 50 lbs (23 kg).
3. Do not apply an unbalanced or overhanging load to top surface which could cause a tip-over.
4. Do not sit, step, or stand on Paint Station. Do not use as a stepladder or standing platform.
5. Do not use on an uneven or unstable surface.
6. Do not store flammable materials.
7. For indoor use only. Do not store Paint Station outdoors or in a damp location.
8. Be sure that the legs are fully open and that the locking arms are secured in the molded
leg slots as shown in Figures 2 and 3.
9. If product is dropped and damaged, take to an authorized servicer. See "Service
10. If using any chemicals other than latex paint and soap and water solutions, make sure that the
chemical is suitable for use with plastics.
11. Follow all warnings, usage and disposal instructions as recommended by the manufacturer of
any chemical used with this product
Paint can retainer-
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE.
Zone de pincement
Punto de pliegue
Catalog No. WPS100
Printed in China
knobs clips for
tray with sealable
Switch plate, outlet
cover, etc. storage
Wet brush saddle rest
Holes for tray
de la bandeja
Upper carry handle
Poignée de transport
Lower carry handle
Poignée de transport
Remove the folded Paint Station from the carton and follow the steps below to set up the
CAUTION: Avoid pinch points when opening legs as shown in Figure 1.
1). With the Paint Station resting on its side, grasp the end of the leg and pull it outward to its
full open position.
2.) Grasp the spring loaded locking arm and engage it in the slot as shown in Figure 2.
WARNING: Make sure that arm is completely seated in both slots by pushing arm down
on both sides.
3.) Grasp the end of the other leg and pull it outward to its full open position. Grasp the
spring loaded locking arm and engage it in the slot as shown in Figure 3. Make sure that
arm is completely seated in both slots by pushing arm down on both sides.
4.) Place the Paint Station in an upright position.
5.) Remove tape from tray lid.
6.) Locate tray retention knobs (2) and insert into holes on table. See figure 4.
USING THE PAINT STATION
• To reduce the amount of clean up required, paint tray liners (not Included) can be used in
the roller tray. A 4 inch disposable tray liner can be used in the narrow cavity if using a 4 inch
• Wet paint rollers can be stored in the paint tray for approximately 24 hours without the
need to clean them. To store a wet paint roller, place lid on tray as shown in Figure 5 and
snap the lid in place.
• A trash bag can be attached to the end of the Paint Station using the hangers shown in
Figure 6. Secure with tape if desired.
• A paper towel roll can be stored on the opening shown in figure 7. To attach the roll, first
push the tube onto the upper post in the opening then push the bottom of the towel roll over
the lower post until the roll is secured.
• Cleanup with mild soap and water if using latex paints. Make sure any solvents used for oil
based paint cleanup are suitable for use on plastics.
NOTE: Remove paper towel roll and tape from storage positions on legs before folding.
1.) Lock paint tray using tray retention knobs as shown in Figure 4.
2.) Fold in leg farthest from the paint tray first by grasping locking arm and pulling out to
disengage arm from slot.
3.) Fold in remaining leg same as above. When leg is fully folded it will "snap" into place.
TRANSPORTING PAINT STATION
To move upright Paint Station from place to place, grasp the ends of the top as shown in
To carry the Paint Station after it has been folded, use the upper or lower carry handles
shown in Figure 9. NOTE: It may be easier to transverse stairs if you carry unit by the lower
handle, placing the upper part of the unit under your arm.
• Cleaned paint brushes and painting tools can be stored in the roller tray with the lid
• The Paint Station can be hung vertically using the triangular shaped hanging hole shown
in Figure 10.
Black & Decker offers a full network of company-owned and Authorized Service
locations throughout North America. All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with
trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and reliable power tool service.
Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts,
contact the Black & Decker service location nearest you. To find your local service
location, refer to the yellow page directory under "Tools—Electric" or call:
FULL TWO-YEAR HOME USE WARRANTY
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product for two years against any defects in material
or workmanship. The defective product will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of
The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from
whom it was purchased (provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be
made within the time period of the retailer's policy for exchanges (usually 30 to 90 days after
the sale). Proof of purchase may be required. Please check with the retailer for their specific
return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges.
The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black & Decker owned or
authorized Service Center for repair or replacement at our option.
Proof of purchase may be required. Black & Decker owned and authorized service
centers are listed under "Tools-Electric" in the yellow pages of the phone directory.
This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights
and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. Should you have any
questions, contact the manager of your nearest Black & Decker Service Center.
This product is not intended for commercial use.
PATENTS PENDING.DIRECTIVES DE SÉCURITÉ IMPORTANTES
AVERTISSEMENT : AFIN DE RÉDUIRE LE RISQUE DE BLESSURES, L'UTILISATEUR
DOIT LIRE ET COMPRENDRE
LE MODE D'EMPLOI.
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc.,
701 E. Joppa Rd.
Towson, MD 21286 U.S.A.
– Yellow Pages –
for Service & Sales