This product should be serviced only by those specially trained
in appropriate servicing techniques. For instructions on how to
obtain service, refer to the warranty included in this Guide.
Attach your sales receipt to the booklet for future reference, or
jot down the date this product was purchased or received as a
gift. This information will be valuable if service should be
required during the warranty period.
Purchase Date ______________________
Name of Store ______________________
What your warranty covers:
• Any defect in material or workmanship.
For how long after the original purchase:
• One year.
(The warranty period for rental units begins with the first
rental or 45 days from date of shipment to the rental firm,
whichever comes first.)
What we will do:
• Provide you with a new or, at our option, a refurbished unit.
• The exchange unit is warranted for the remainder of your
product’s original warranty period.
How to make a warranty claim:
• Properly pack your unit. Include any cables, etc., which were
originally provided with the product. We recommend using
the original carton and packaging materials.
• Remove cassette tapes or CDs from unit before shipping as
these will not be returned.
• Include in the package evidence of purchase date, such as
the bill of sale. Also print your name and address and a
description of the defect. Send standard UPS or its equiva-
Thomson Consumer Electronics, Inc.
Product Exchange Center
11721 B Alameda Ave,
Socorro, TX 79927
• Pay any charges billed to you by the Exchange Center for
service not covered by the warranty.
• Insure your shipment in case of loss or damage. Thomson
accepts no liability in case of damage or loss.
• A new or refurbished unit will be shipped to you prepaid
What your warranty does not cover:
• Customer instruction. Your owner's manual provides
information regarding the operating instructions and user
controls. For additional information, ask your dealer.
• Installation and setup service adjustments
• Damage from misuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified or incorporated into other
• Product purchased or serviced outside the USA
• Acts of God, such as but not limited to lightning damage.
How state law relates to this warranty:
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may
also have other rights which vary from state to state.
If you purchased your product outside of the U.S.A.:
• This warranty does not apply. Contact your dealer for
Quit Slacking-A little bit of slack in your tapes
can cause scratches on the tape, or worse
yet, the tape could break. If you notice some
slack in the tape, use a pencil to tighten it up
before you insert it.
The descriptions and characteristics given in this document are given as a general indication
and not as a guarantee. In order to provide the highest quality product possible, we reserve
the right to make any improvement or modification without prior notice. The English version
serves as the final reference on all product and operational details should any discrepancies
arise in other languages.