Basic TV operation
Before operating your TV, make sure the following instructions have been completed.
• Your TV has been connected to an antenna or a cable system.
• Your TV has been plugged in a power outlet.
• In this manual, the OSD (On Screen Display) may be different from your TV's because it is just an
example to help you with the TV operation.
Turning on/off the TV
Press the POWER (or ON/OFF) button on the set. At this time, the set
switches to standby mode and the standby indicator lights up in red.
To switch the TV on from standby mode, press the TV/VIDEO, CH
button on the set or POWER, TV/VIDEO, CH
button on the remote control.
A channel number will be displayed on the screen. The on-screen
display will disappear after a few seconds.
Press the POWER button on the remote control. It reverts to standby
To switch the TV off, press the POWER button on the set.
Selecting the on screen language
1. Press the MENU button and then
displayed as shown right.
2. Press the
3. Press the
and then use
From this point on, the on-screen display will be presented in the
language of your choice.
4. Press the MENU button to exit.
button until the menu is
button to select
button to select the desired