IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Please read all safety instructions before using your new Electrolux cooktop.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury when using your electric cooktop, follow basic
precaution including the following:
• Remove all tape and packaging wrap before using the appliance. Destroy the
carton and plastic bags after unpacking the appliance. Never allow children to play
with packaging material.
• Proper Installation. Be sure your appliance is properly installed and grounded by
a qualified technician in accordance with the National Electrical Code No. 70 -
latest edition in the United States, or CSA C22.1, Part 1 in Canada, and local code
requirements. Install only per installation instructions provided in the literature package
for this appliance.
Ask your dealer to recommend a qualified technician and an authorized repair service. Know
how to disconnect the electrical power to the appliance at the circuit breaker or fuse box in
case of an emergency.
• User Servicing. Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically
recommended in the manuals. All other servicing should be done only by a qualified
technician to reduce the risk of personal injury and damage to the appliance.
• Never modify or alter the construction of an appliance such as removal of panels, wire
covers or any other permanent part of the appliance.
• Storage on Appliance. Flammable materials should not be stored near surface units.
This includes paper, plastic and cloth items, such as cookbooks, plasticware and towels, as
well as flammable liquids. Do not store explosives, such as aerosol cans, on or near the
appliance. Flammable materials may explode and result in fire or property damage.
Do not store items of interest to children in the cabinets above the appliance. Children climbing on the
cooktop to reach items could be seriously injured.
• Do not leave children alone. Children should not be left alone or unattended in the
area where an appliance is in use. They should never be allowed to sit or stand on any part
of the appliance.