This unit is designed to operate on 12 V DC, NEGATIVE ground electrical systems. If your vehicle does not have this system, a voltage inverter is required, which can be purchased at JVC car audio dealers.
• DO NOT install any unit or wire any cable in a location where;
– it may obstruct the steering wheel and gearshift lever operations.
– it may obstruct the operation of safety devices such as air bags.
– it may obstruct visibility.
• DO NOT operate the unit while driving.
• If you need to operate the unit while driving, be sure to look around carefully.
• The driver must not watch the monitor while driving.
If the parking brake is not engaged, "DRIVER MUST NOT WATCH THE MONITOR WHILE DRIVING." appears on the monitor, and no playback picture will be shown.
– This warning appears only when the parking brake lead is connected to the parking brake system built in the car.
To prevent short circuits, we recommend that you disconnect the battery's negative terminal and make all electrical connections before installing the unit.
• Be sure to ground this unit to the car's chassis again after installation.
• Replace the fuse with one of the specified rating. If the fuse blows frequently, consult your JVC car audio dealer.
• It is recommended to connect speakers with a maximum power of more than 50 W (both at the rear and at the front, with an impedance of 4 Ω to 8 Ω). If the maximum power is less than 50 W, change
"Amp Gain" setting to prevent the speakers from being damaged (see page 41 of the INSTRUCTIONS).
• To prevent short circuits, cover the terminals of the UNUSED leads with insulating tape.
• The heat sink becomes very hot after use. Be careful not to touch it when removing this unit.
PRECAUTIONS on power supply and speaker connections:
• DO NOT connect the speaker leads of the power cord to the car battery; otherwise, the unit will be seriously damaged.
• BEFORE connecting the speaker leads of the power cord to the speakers, check the speaker wiring in your car.
Parts list for installation and connection
If any item is missing, consult your JVC car audio dealer immediately.
A / B
Hard case/Control panel
Lock nut (M5)
Mounting bolt (M5
AV mini plug cable
© 2008 Victor Company of Japan, Limited