Common Sense RC • P.O. Box 3546, Chatsworth, CA 91313 • www.CommonSenseRC.com
Toll-Free Phone: 866-405-8811 • International Callers: 818-718-1893 • Fax: 818-718-6742
Basic Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) Battery GuideliNes
If you are unclear about any of the information presented here, please contact us PRIOR to charging or
discharging these batteries.
THIS BATTERY MUST BE CHARGED BEFORE USE.
NEVER LEAVE BATTERIES UNATTENDED WHILE CHARGING.
NEVER CHARGE BATTERIES ON OR NEAR FLAMMABLE MATERIALS.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14 SHOULD NOT CHARGE BATTERIES OR OPERATE BATTERY CHARGERS
WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.
PLEASE NOTE – This is a Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery. This battery must be charged using NiMH
specific voltage settings. Attempting to charge it using Lipo , LiFe, or NiCad settings will result in damage
to the battery and potential fire.
Please take some time and follow these steps in order to assure that you have the best possible experience
with your Lectron Pro NiMH battery pack. Failure to follow these steps will void your Warranty.
1) Read these instructions in their entirety before using this product.
2) Inspect the pack for any obvious damage to the wiring or cells. Contact us if the pack is damaged,
3) Check the voltage of the battery pack prior to charging. The total voltage should be approximately
1.3V per cell (7.8V for a 6-cell, 9.1V for a 7-cell). Variances as much as 1V higher or lower are
normal. If you are not clear on how to do this, check out our website's Product Instructions page at
www.CommonSenseRC.com, or call us at 866-405-8811. If the battery pack is not within these
tolerances, please contact us, and we will exchange the pack for a new one. Taking the time to do
this will save everyone some hassle in the unlikely event that you have a pack that's defective from
4) Register your battery pack with Common Sense RC by using the Battery Registration tool on our
website. It's found on the Product Instructions page at www.CommonSenseRC.com.
5) If necessary, solder a connector to the output leads of the pack (see warnings below).
6) Charge the battery pack using a charger designed specifically for NiMH batteries. You must select
the charge rate current that does not exceed 1C (one times the capacity of the battery). A higher
setting may damage to your battery pack and create a possible fire hazard. The following chart of
examples is calculated at 1x capacity of pack. Generally speaking, charging at even lower amperage
rates will extend battery life.
7) It is normal for NiMH batteries to become slightly warm to the touch during charging. However,
NiMH batteries should not be allowed to exceed 110 degrees F (43 degrees C) during charging. If
the battery reaches this temperature, discontinue charging immediately, disconnect the battery
from the charger and allow the battery to cool. Once the pack has cooled down to room temperature,
try charging again at a lower amperage rate.
8) Once your charger indicates charging is complete, check the voltage of your battery. The voltage
should be approximately 1.4V to 1.5V per cell (8.4-9V for a 6-cell, 9.8-10.5V for a 7-cell).
9) Go run the pack! Enjoy it, and if you like it, tell your friends!
800 mAh: Charge at or below 0.8 Amps
1500 mAh: Charge at or below 1.5 Amps
6000 mAh: Charge at or below 6.0 Amps