NXA-UPS1500 (120v/240v) UPS
The NXA-UPS1500 is a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) featuring Double AVR Boost
and Double Buck, Pure Sine Wave Output, LCD Display and Hot-Swappable Battery. The
NXA-UPS1500 supports RS232 control. The NXA-UPS1500 is available in two voltages:
The NXA-UPS1500 features tower/rack-convertible design making it ideal for use with AMX's
line of MAX devices (FIG. 1).
RS232 Communication Port
USB Communication Port
NXA-UPS1500 Uninterruptible Power Supply
NXA-UPS1500 Product Specifications
• Voltage Window (DIP Switch selectable):
120V version (FG678-15): 110/115/120 Vac +35% ˜ -32%
240V version (FG678-20): 220/230/240 Vac +35% ˜ -32%
• Frequency: 45 ˜ 65Hz (50/60Hz auto-sensing)
• Voltage Window (AC Mode):
120V version (FG678-15): 110/115/120 Vac +8% ˜ -12%
240V version (FG678-20): 220/230/240 Vac +8% ˜ -12%
• Voltage Window (INV Mode):
120V version (FG678-15): 110/115/120 Vac +/-5%
240V version (FG678-20): 220/230/240 Vac +/-5%
• Capacity (VA/W):1500/900
• Wave Form: Pure sine wave
• Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz +/-0.1Hz
• Transfer Time:2 ms typical
• Autonomy: > 8 min.
• DC Start: Yes
• Type: 12V, sealed lead acid maintenance-free
• Capacity: 9AH
• Quantity: 4 12V batteries required
120V version (FG678-15): 24 Vdc
240V version (FG678-20): 48 Vdc
• Recharge Time: 2 ˜ 4 hours to 90%
• Storage: Store at -15 to +30 °C (+5 to +86 °F), charge the UPS
battery every 6 months / Store at +30 to +45 °C (+86 to +113 °F),
charge the UPS battery every 3 months.
• Utility mode
• Backup mode
• Battery conditions
• Load level (%)
• Battery level (%)
• AVR-Boost/AVR Buck
• Battery Low/Replace/Fault
• UPS Fault
• Site Wiring Fault
• AC Mode: >110% Buzzer continuously alarms, and shuts down in
• Inverter Mode: >120% Buzzer continuously alarms, and shuts
down in 10 seconds.
Short Circuit Protection:
• AC Mode: Breaker and electronic circuit
• Inverter Mode: Shut down automatically in 8 cycles
• Line Failure
• Battery Low
• Overload and Fault
• Temperature: 32° - 104°F (0-40° C)
• Operation Humidity: 95% RH Maximum, non-condensing
• 3.46" x 17.32" x 18.97" (8.80cm x 44.0cm x 48.2 cm)
• 2U rack height
Weight (with batteries):
70.3 lbs (31.89 kg)
• EN50091-1-1:1996 (Safety)
• FCC Part 15, Subpart B - Class A
• UL: YEDU.E166979
Front Panel LCD
Input Power Socket (Inlet)
External Battery Terminal
RJ-45 Ports (Network Surge Protection)
NXA-UPS1500 Product Specifications (Cont.)
Other AMX Equipment:
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS: This manual contains important safety instructions. Please
follow all instructions carefully during installation. Read this manual thoroughly before
attempting to unpack, install or operate.
CAUTION - To prevent the risk of fire or electric shock, install in a temperature and humidity
controlled indoor area, free of conductive contaminants.
CAUTION - Risk of electric shock, do not remove the cover. No user serviceable parts. Refer
servicing to qualified service personnel.
CAUTION - Risk of electric shock, hazardous live parts inside this UPS can be energized
from the battery supply even when the input AC power is disconnected.
WARNING - This is a Class A-UPS Product. In a domestic environment, this product may
cause radio interference, in which case, the user may be required to take additional
NOTICE - The UPS is designed to be for use with computer loads only.
NOTICE- To prevent injury, do not carry with the handle of front cover when moving the UPS.
Front Panel LCD and LEDs
FIG. 2 describes the elements of the front panel LCD:
9 10 11
Front Panel LCD and LEDs
The nominal voltage of the UPS can be reset by the DIP Switch on the rear panel of the UPS.
The following charts describe the voltage settings.
DIP Switch Settings (sets nominal voltage)
Indicators & Alarms
• Steady: Output Load is supplied by Utility.
• Blinking: Polarity error or Ground Fault.
• Steady (with alarm): Output Load is
• Blinking every 5 seconds (no alarm):
When Overload, short circuit, or Output
Voltage Abnormal occurs.
• Blinking: Battery is weak and needs to be
• Steady: Battery is dead.
Connecting the Batteries
The UPS1500 ships with the four batteries installed inside the unit. Before use, you will need
to connect the main power connector inside the unit:
Remove the Release tabs on the front panel (see FIG. 1) to expose the screws that
secure the Battery Compartment Cover.
Remove the screws beneath the Release tabs (FIG. 4).
Remove the Battery Compartment Cover to access the Battery Compartment.
Remove the screw holding the metal securing piece in place.
Slide the metal securing piece into the groove on the 4-pin connector (red) from the
battery cable harness.
Connect the 4-pin connector to the matching connector inside the unit.
Reattach the metal securing piece above the connector with the screw (FIG. 5).
• AC Input Power Cord
• Tower and rack-mounting accessories
NXA-UPS1500 EPM Extended Power Module (FG 678-16)
NXA-UPS1500ECJ, European Power Cable (FG 678-17)
NXA-UPS1500UKCJ, United Kingdom Power Cable (FG678-18)
NXA-UPS1500ACJ, Australian Power Cable (FG678-19)
1. Utility (Green LED)
2. Fault (Red LED)
3. On Switch
4. Off Switch
5. Battery Replacement
6. Battery Backup (Amber LED)
7. Battery Low
9. Utility Low, UPS Boost
10. Utility High, UPS Buck
11. UPS Output Indicator
12. Polarity Error or Ground Fault
14. Load/Battery Level (%)
15. Load/Battery Level
Indication Control Button
supplied by Battery.
Stand by for Utility recovery to re-start up.
Every 2 seconds before
battery Low and every 1
second before battery