Quick Start Guide
50" LED Smart HD TV
for purchasing your new JVC TV.
Your new TV incorporates the latest technology to enhance your viewing
experience. We would suggest that you allow about 20 mins for initial setup.
Please follow this guide for a successful first time installation.
The latest eco-friendly power-saving technology will switch off the TV if
device is left on and idle for 4 hours. Please refer to "Auto Standby" under
the "Time Settings" section of the instruction manual for more detail.
Remove all packaging from the unit. Retain the packaging. If you dispose of it please do so according to any local regulations.
AAA Batteries x2
TV Stand Neck
Screws x 8
TV Stand Base
Please inspect your TV for damage after unpacking. If you do notice any damage please consult your dealer.
Operating Your Remote Control
1. Slide open the battery compartment on the back of the remote control.
2. Insert two AAA size batteries. Make sure to match the (+) and ( - )
ends of the batteries with the (+) and ( - ) ends indicated in the battery
3. Slide the battery compartment cover back into place. Make sure it clicks
LT-50C740A JVC 50" Smart TV QSG.indd 1
Quick Start Guide
Installing the Base Stand
Fitting the Stand Neck and Base Together
1. Fit the neck onto the base.
2. Using 4 of the supplied screws, screw the neck to the base.
Fitting the Stand to the TV
3. Ensure the TV is switched off and not connected to the mains power supply.
4. Lay the TV down on a flat surface ideally on the edge of a table so the base of the
TV slightly overhangs
the edge of the table, with the back side facing up. Please make sure a soft
cushioned material (such as
a dry bath towel or thick piece of foam) is placed beneath the screen.
5. Slide the stand under the lip, the neck will fit snuggly over the screw holes. Then
screw the stand to the TV using the 4 screws supplied.
The LCD display is very fragile, and must be protected at all times when installing and removing the base stand. Be sure that no hard or sharp object,
or anything that could scratch or damage the LCD display, comes into contact with it. DO NOT exert pressure on the front of the TV at any time because
the screen could crack.
Connecting the Aerial and Turning on the TV
1. Connect one end of the RF coaxial cable to the aerial socket on the wall
and the other end of the cable to the ANT socket on the back of your TV.
2. Plug the TV into a mains socket and switch on at the mains.
3. In standby mode, press the
button on the remote control to turn the
TV on. The LED indicator will flash for a few seconds then the TV will
• Do not connect the TV to the mains supply until you have completed all the connections.
• Always disconnect the TV from the mains socket when not in use for a long period of time.
button on the remote control is only used for switching the TV into standby, it does not disconnect the TV from the mains power.
To completely disconnect the mains power, please remove the mains plug from the mains socket.
RF coaxial cable