CONTENTS SPECIFICATIONS ......................1 GENERAL GUIDE ......................5 RESET OPERATIONS ....................10 ERROR MESSAGE ..................... 11 BATTERY REPLACEMENT ..................12 LSI PIN FUNCTION ..................... 14 OPERATION CHECK ....................17 TO SAVE THE DATA TO OTHER MACHINE ............. 19 TROUBLESHOOTING....................22 EXPLODED VIEW .......................
1. SPECIFICATIONS Telephone Directory Mode Storage and recall of telephone directory data (name, telephone number, address, etc.). Each item can contain up to 380 characters with a Fun Face. Includes secret memory area and auto sort function. Schedule Mode Storage and recall of appointments for any date in the range of January 1901 through December 2099. Each item can contain up to 372 characters with an icon.
General Display: Liquid crystal display Memory Capacity: 4,096 bytes Power Supply: Main batteries – Two AAA-size batteries (LR03 (AM-4) or R03 (UM-4)) Back-up battery – One lithium battery (CR2032) Power Consumption: 0.2W Battery Life:* Main batteries – LR03 (AM-4) • approximately 250 hours continuous operation •...
Current consumption Check point TYP [µA] Max [µA] CP1 - CP3 — ON (Menu) CP1 - CP3 ON (Buzzer) CP1 - CP3 — 5000 ON (Infrared) CP1 - CP3 — 70000 Memory Capacity Screen Use the following procedures to check the status of the memory. One procedure displays the amount of memory used and the how much memory is remaining.
Mode Bytes per Data Item Telephone Directory (name) + (telephone number) + (address. etc.) + 15 Player Profile (name) + (team name) + (position) + (birthday/country) + (memo) + 17 Schedule (description) + 12 Calendar 6 bytes per calendar that contains highlighted dates Data Memo "Diary"...
Never use strong liquid cleaners such as lacquer thinner or benzine to clean the unit. • In no event will CASIO or its suppliers be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including any incidental or consequential expenses, lost profits, lost savings, or any other damages arising out of the use of this product.
Displaying the Main Menu The main menu appears on the display when you switch the power on. Whenever you are viewing any other screen, you can always press MENU to return to the main menu. Main Menu Menu Icons 1 Telephone Directory Mode Calculator Mode 2 Player Profile Mode Conversion Mode...
Using the FUNCTION Key To view the function menu, press FUNCTION. To select a function: to highlight the function you want to choose. Press EXE. If another function menu appears repeat steps 1 and 2. To backstep to a previous display, press FUNCTION. To exit the function menu, press AC/ON.
Calculator Mode A 10-digit calculator performs most common numerical operations including percents, square roots and memory. Shoot and Jam Game Mode An exciting game you can play by challenging the JD-8000 or your friends. — 8 —...
Data Communication Function Exchanges data with another unit. To communicate with a friend, you'll need an optional SB-62 communication cable to connect the unit to another. You can also send Telephone Directory and Player Profile data to a CASIO Label Printer.
3. RESET OPERATIONS Two kinds of reset operations can be performed: • All-reset operation deletes all data in memory. • Secret-reset operation deletes only your password and the data in the Secret Memory Area. Important! • Do not use a very sharp pencil to press the RESET button. Doing so can damage the unit. •...
4. ERROR MESSAGE Message Meaning Action Memory Full! Not enough room to store the data Press AC/ON and then delete you are trying to save. data you no longer need from memory. You tried to perform a search No Record! Input data before attempting operation while there is no data search operations.
5. BATTERY REPLACEMENT Low Battery Warning The message, "Main Battery Getting Weak! Replace it!" appears whenever battery power drops below a certain level. Replace the main battery immediately after this message appears. Whenever the low battery warning message appears, the OFF key will be the only function that works. If you don't turn the unit off yourself, power will switch off automatically about 30 seconds after the low battery warning appears.
To replace the main batteries 1. Switch power off. 2. Loosen the screw of the large battery compartment cover on the back of the unit, and slide the battery compartment cover in the direction noted by the arrow. (Figure 1) 3.
6. LSI PIN FUNCTION CPU (HC3000-08-F1) Pin No. Signal In/Out Function VREG3 Power supply for RAM / 3(V) DUMMY – Not used 3 ~ 5 KO10 ~ 12 Not used 6 ~ 14 KO1 ~ 9 Key scan signal Not used 16 ~ 22 KI1~7 Key input signal...
Pin No. Signal In/Out Function 75 ~ 77 PORT4~6 In/Out For data communication 78 ~ 80 PORT1~3 – Interrupt port 81, 82 – Not used 83, 84 PI, PO In/Out Main clock terminal (3.45 MG) DUMMY – Not used 86, 87 XI, XO In/Out Clock terminal (DT-26S)
7. OPERATION CHECK CAUTION : If customer's data are stored in the unit, all data will be corrupted by this operation. STEP OPERATION DISPLAY NOTE Caution! MENU The checkpad is located This is TEST right side of the back-up Then short in the checkpad To Escape battery switch as shown about two seconds.
8. TO SAVE THE DATA TO OTHER MACHINE • JD-8000 can transfer customers data (both open and secret area) to other JD-8000 unit when replacing the LCD or the outer case. • Turn off both units and connect them using a SB-60 or a SB-62 cable.
to move the flashing selection, and use the number keys to input values for the flashing year, month, day, and item digits. After setting, press EXE . P A R I S J A N / 1 / 1 9 0 1 T U E 1 2 : 0 0 4.
Use ∆, ∇, to select "None", S e n d D a t a R e c e i v e D a t a "9600", and press EXE . S e t U P Use ∆ to select "Send data", and M o d e D a t a press EXE .
9. TROUBLESHOOTING Intermittent display START Is the Heat seal defective ? Replace Is the battery contact weak ? Clean and adjust pressure of contact Are there short circuit around the pins Resolder of the LSI (HC3000-08-F1) ? Is the soldering weak ? Resolder Replace the Z808-1 PCB ass'y.
No display START Is the battery contact weak? Clean and adjust pressure of contact Is the battery switch contact weak? Clean and adjust pressure of contact Is the AC key contact weak? Clean or replace the rubber key Are there short circuit around Resolder the pins of the LSI? Check or replace the electrolytic...