Power Outlet Cord Reel
Model No. : 83929
CAUTION: Read all instructions and warnings before operating!
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS! READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS!
WARNING: To avoid serious injury or death from electrical
shock or fire.
1. DO NOT handle this fixture or try to plug it in when your hands are wet
or when standing on a wet or damp surface.
2. This fixture MUST ALWAYS BE USED in accordance with all
electrical and safety codes and ordinances, including the most recent
National Electric Code (NEC) and with the Occupational Safety and
Health Act (OSHA) Volume 1 on General Industry Standards and
3. ALWAYS make certain that the power source conforms to the
requirements on the fixture.
4. ALWAYS disconnect the power before servicing or inspecting the
fixture for any reason.
5. This fixture IS ONLY FOR USE ON 110-125V and is equipped with
an approved 3 conductor cord with a 3-prong, grounded type plug.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK, it should only be
plugged into a properly grounded 3-prong outlet.
6. FIXTURE IS NOT WATERPROOF and is not intended for use in
showers, saunas or in potentially wet locations. ALWAYS keep this
fixture away from sinks, tubs, showers, etc. NEVER ATTEMPT TO
PICK UP PLUGGED-IN APPLIANCES WHEN THEY FALL INTO
WATER BECAUSE FATAL ELECTROCUTION COULD RESULT.
7. This fixture comes equipped with a 3-prong grounded plug. DO NOT
remove the 3rd prong or otherwise try to modify the plug. If it will not fit
the outlet, have the proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
Improper connection of the grounding conductor can result in a risk of
8. NEVER attempt to plug the fixture into a non-grounded outlet or
extension cord and ALWAYS be sure that the extension cord is in
good electrical condition and is a minimum of 14 gauge, 3 conductor.
9. This fixture is intended for use as a general indoor power source.
DO NOT use in potentially dangerous locations, such as in flammable
or explosive atmospheres.
10.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DO NOT OVERLOAD!
Check the amperages of the tools or appliances to be used before
proceeding with the use of the fixture. Listed below is the maximum
amperage rating for this unit.
SJTW - 14/3
Ceiling Mount (Fig. 1)— 360° Rotation
1. Select location within 2 feet of an electrical
2. Screw the Hanger Hook into a stud in the
3. Hang the reel on the hook.
4. Use pliers to close the hook so the reel is
secure and won't fall off.
5. Adjust Cord Stop so outlet hangs at desired
length when cord is retracted.
6. Plug the power cord into the outlet.
Optional Wall Mount(Fig. 2) — 180° Rotation
1. Select location within 2 feet of an electrical outlet.
2. Take U shaped bracket "A" and attach to wall, in a stud, with the
1625 Watts, 13 AMPS,125 Volts
3. Place hanger bracket "B" inside
U-shaped bracket "A" lining up small hole
in the brackets.
4. Insert locking pin "C" through lined-up
5. Adjust Cord Stop so outlet hangs at
desired length when cord is retracted.
6. Plug the power cord into the outlet.
Plug power cord into any 110-125V standard
wall outlet. Plug up to three (3) electrical
appliances into the Triple-Tap outlet. Pull
cord out to desired length and stop. If cord does not hold, continue
to pull cord slowly, stopping every four inches. This will engage lock.
To retract, pull cord out 2 to 4 inches and guide the cord slowly back
into the reel.
Note: 1. Outlet is un-switched and energized at all time.
DO NOT OVERLOAD !
2. Cord length is 30 Ft fully extended; DO NOT pull on cord after
cord is fully extended.
Caution: To Avoid Possible Injury - Do not allow cord to fly back into
the reel unrestricted. Guide cord slowly back into the reel.
RESETTABLE CIRCUIT BREAKER
This cord reel is overload protected. If circuit breaker trips, remove
overload. Wait two (2) minutes and depress reset button on side of power
outlet to reset circuit.
WARNING: UNPLUG UNIT BEFORE PERFORMING ANY
Remove dirt and grime as soon as it accumulates. Use a soft, damp
cloth and a mild soap, if needed. Be sure not to get the electrical
plug wet. NEVER submerge any part of the Cord Reel in any
solution to clean it.
DO NOT USE solvents such as gasoline, turpentine, etc. to clean
unit.Keep reel cord clean to assure smoothest automatic retraction.
To clean, simply pull cord to its full length and allow to retract
through a dampened rag. Pull out full length again and allow to
retract through clean rag sprinkled with talcum powder.
DRY THOROUGHTLY BEFORE PLUGGING BACK INTO OUTLET.
Full One Year Warranty on Craftsman Triple-Tap Power Outlet Cord
Reel. If this product fails due to a defect in material or workmanship within
one year from the date of purchase, RETURN IT TO YOUR NEAREST
SEARS STORE OR CRAFTSMAN OUTLET IN THE UNITED STATES,
and it will be replaced free of charge.
This warranty applies for only 90 days from the date of purchase if this
Craftsman Triple Tap Power Outlet Cord Reel is used for commercial or
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have
other rights which vary from state to state.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
Assembly or operation questions?