Connecting the Probe
1. Handling the probe carefully, slide the connector
straight into the port whilst the machine is not
imaging (e.g. turned off, patient entry screen or in a
2. Lift the probe latch into place
Entering Patient Data
1. Press the "Patient" Key 
2. Enter a name and unique patient ID (required
to store images, this can be set to generate
3. Select "Register"
4. Select "Exit" to leave the patient screen
Selecting a Preset
1. Press the "Exam" key 
2. Use the pointer arrow to select the appropriate
exam type you will be performing
3. Press the "Enter" key [8-g]
4. The system will then go to the scan screen
– Is changed using the top left soft key
in B-Mode. A higher frequency setting provides
higher resolution to the image, however, penetration
is reduced. A lower frequency setting improves
penetration ability, however, the resolution is
– Is controlled by rotating key . Adjust so that
the region of interest occupies approximately ¾ of the
screen. A depth scale is displayed next to the image.
– Increases or decreases the overall brightness of
the image. Rotating key .
– Controlled by the far right soft key in B-Mode.
Rotate to move the focal position up and down the
depth scale. Press and rotate to change the number
of focus points. Press again to return to focus position
1. Freeze the image and scroll back through the
paused images using the track ball to select an
2. Press the "Calcs" key [8-d], a calliper will appear.
3. Place the calliper in the appropriate position and
4. A second calliper will appear.
5. Place the second calliper in the appropriate
position and press "Enter". A measurement box
appears with the measurement you have just
6. Pressing "Calcs" again will bring up another cursor
to make a second measurement. If measurements
are complete press "Clear" [8-b] or "Freeze" to exit
Contact us now
GE Logiq R7
Annotating an image
1. To add text to an image, begin typing on the
2. To set the text position on the screen, place the
3. To edit or move set text, reselect the text with the
1. Press the "Colour" key 
2. The colour box appears over the B-Mode image.
3. Use the trackball to move the colour box
4. Press "Scan Area" [8-f] to change the size of the
1. Press the "PDI" key 
2. Adjust as per the colour flow
1. Press the "Start (L)" key  to display the left side of
2. Press the "Stop (R)" key . The left side will freeze
3. Toggle between "L" and "R" to obtain desired
4. Press "Freeze" to freeze both images.
1. Press "P1" to store images to the clipboard/ hard
2. Press "P2" to print to a thermal printer (if included)
3. Press "P3" to store JPEG/ AVI to a USB Memory stick
4. Pressing a "P" button on a frozen image stores a still
5. Pressing a "P" button on a moving image stores a
1. Press the function key that has been programmed
2. This will take you to the data transfer screen to
keyboard. The word fill-in function will offer words
while typing. Press the "tab" key on the keyboard to
accept an offered word. Pressing the "Comment"
key [space bar] places a cursor or choose a word
from the comments library with the pointer and
press the "Enter" key
cursor in the desired location and press the "Enter".
Set text is yellow
cursor. Editable text is green
colour box using the trackball. Press "Scan Area"
again to set the colour box
the image live
and the right side will be live
to "End Exam"
allow you export DICOM images if required. Insert
a USB drive into the front USB port on the side of the
console – "USB Drive I" should appear in the "To:"
window. Select "export" then highlight the study
you would like to transfer and press the "Transfer"
button to save DICOM images. Select "Exit" to
return to the scanning screen.
Your complete animal imaging solution
(0) 1506 460023