LED Flashlight User Guide
Congratulations on your purchase of the Motorola MR540 high- performance, high durability
flashlight. The Motorola MR540 utilizes CREE XML-T6 LED technology that is geared for
optimum effectiveness and high efficiency. Its ability to endure rugged use is enabled by the
aircraft grade aluminum with premium Type II anodized anti-abrasive finish. It is lightweight and
compact in design making it a great option for portability. Use it in any situation such as hunting,
hiking, camping, caving, general household, recreational activities, rugged sports, industrial work
or emergency situations. Please take a few moments to read this user guide to ensure that you
get the best performance and years of trouble free service.
· 1 Motorola MR540 LED Flashlight
· 1 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, 2600mAh
· 1 micro-USB Cable
· 1 User Guide
1. Unscrew the tail switch cap and insert 1x18650
rechargeable (Li-ion) battery (included).The (+) terminal on
the battery should face toward the flashlight's head.
2. Replace the tail switch cap and turn on the flashlight as
indicated in any of the options listed below.
NOTE: If the tail end cap is not completely tightened shut, the flashlight may not
Charging the MR540
1. Turn off light. Twist the section below the flashlight's head counterclockwise until the section is
lowered and the micro-USB charging port is revealed
2. Using the micro-USB cable that is included, connect it to the micro-USB port on the flashlight
and connect the other end to a power source
3. Once the flashlight is connected to the charger, a RED LED will appear indicating that the
flashlight is properly connected and that charging has started when the battery is fully charged
the light will turn to GREEN
NOTE: The flashlight will not illuminate while charging
Your Motorola MR540 flashlight has a tail switch for on/off operation and is equipped with 5
illumination light levels / modes to suit your varied needs. The switch can operate the
flashlight either in a steady state mode or momentarily turning the light on.
Turn ON – OFF Steady State
Press down firmly on the tail switch to actuate the switch and turn on / off.
Turn ON Momentary
Press lightly on tail switch button without actuating the switch for momentary ON light.
Successive momentary presses of the tail switch will cycle the flashlight through the
illumination levels / modes.
Changing the Brightness Setting / Mode
Your Motorola MR540 has 3 different preset brightness levels and 2 additional modes of
operation as follows:
high → medium → low → strobe → SOS
Single actuate the side switch in either steady state or momentary operation to cycle
through the different brightness levels / modes.
Maintenance and Precautions
· Do not disassemble the sealed head. Doing so can cause damage to the flashlight and will void
· Use a high-quality battery to mitigate the risk of the flashlight being damaged by electrolyte
leakage or battery breakage.
· If the flashlight will not be used for a long time, remove the battery to avoid damage caused
from battery leakage.
· Lubricate the O-rings regularly using a Q-Tip
petroleum jelly to the contacts to prevent corrosion. Doing so will keep the flashlight properly
sealed against water. If the O-rings are damaged after prolonged use, replace them.
· Clean the flashlight contacts periodically, especially if the light flickers or does not light up.
There are different reasons for a flickering or non-working light:
A: The battery may need to be replaced.
Solution: Replace the old/defective battery with a new one (be sure to double check
correct installation of + and - terminals).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Use a Q-Tip
to apply a tiny amount of alcohol to clean the contact points.
If the above methods do not work, please refer to the warranty policy listed in this user
Warning The Motorola MR540 is a high-intensity lighting device and capable of causing eye
damage. Avoid shining the light directly into the eyes. LED radiation (RG-2)
. Apply a small dab of silicone grease or