When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
1. READ all instructions.
2. DO NOT touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electric shock, DO NOT immerse cord, plug, or toaster
in water or other liquids.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
5. UNPLUG from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before
putting on or taking oﬀ parts.
6. DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance
to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may cause injuries.
8. DO NOT use outdoors.
9. NEVER let the cord hang over the edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. DO NOT place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. DO NOT use this appliance for anything other than its intended use.
12. Oversized foods or metal utensils must not be inserted in a toaster, as they may
create a ﬁre or risk of electric shock.
13. A ﬁre may occur if the toaster is covered or touching ﬂammable material,
including curtains, draperies, walls and the like when in operation.
14. DO NOT attempt to dislodge food when toaster is plugged in. NEVER use metal
utensils to free food from toaster slots.
15. Turn all controls on appliance oﬀ before removing appliance plug from wall outlet.
To disconnect, turn any control to OFF/ CANCEL , then remove plug from wall
outlet. A short power supply cord (or detachable power supply cord) is to be
provided to reduce risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over
a longer cord. This appliance is equipped with a short power cord.
a) The marked electrical rating of the cord should be at least as great as the
electrical rating of the appliance; and
b) The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or
tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
c) The extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
16. An extension cord if used should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord. As a safety
feature the plug will ﬁt in a polarized outlet only one way. To prevent electric shock,
match the wide blade of the plug to the wide slot of the outlet, and fully insert
plug. DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. If the plug does not ﬁt into
outlet, contact a qualiﬁed electrician to install a proper outlet.
17. Extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
18. This appliance is for HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
PARTS AND FEATURES
4 SLICE LONG SLOT TOASTER