It is important to read this user manual prior to using your new product for the first time.
Es importante leer este manual antes de usar por vez primera su equipo.
Important safety instructions
Some of the following information may not apply to your particular product; however, as
with any electronic product, precautions should be observed during handling and use.
• Read these instructions.
• Keep these instructions.
• Heed all warnings.
• Follow all instructions.
• Do not use this apparatus near water.
• Clean only with dry cloth.
• Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other
apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
• Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the
apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged,
liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been
exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY INFORMATION
• Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
• Do not attempt to disassemble the cabinet. This product does not contain customer
• The marking information is located at the bottom of apparatus.
Important battery precautions
• Any battery may present a risk of fire, explosion, or chemical burn if abused. Do not try
to charge a battery that is not intended to be recharged, do not incinerate, and do not
• Non-rechargeable batteries, such as alkaline batteries, may leak if left in your product
for a long period of time. Remove the batteries from the product if you are not going to
use it for a month or more.
• If your product uses more than one battery, do not mix types and make sure they are
inserted correctly. Mixing types or inserting incorrectly may cause them to leak.
• Discard any leaky or deformed battery immediately. They may cause skin burns or other
• Please help to protect the environment by recycling or disposing of batteries according
to federal, state, and local regulations.
manual de usuario
WARNING: The battery (battery or batteries or battery pack) shall not be exposed to
excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
Help protect the environment - we recommend that you dispose of used batteries by
putting them into specially designed receptacles.
Precautions for the unit
• Do not use the unit immediately after transportation from a cold place to a warm place;
condensation problems may result.
• Do not store the unit near fire, places with high temperature or in direct sunlight.
Exposure to direct sunlight or extreme heat (such as inside a parked car) may cause
damage or malfunction.
• Clean the unit with a soft cloth or a damp chamois leather. Never use solvents.
• The unit must only be opened by qualified personnel.
To use a headset safely, please keep the following in mind:
• Do not play your headset at a high volume. Hearing experts advise against continuous
• If you experience ringing in your ears, turn down the volume or stop using the headset.
• Do not use a headset while driving a motorized vehicle or riding a bike. It may cause a
traffic hazard and is illegal in many areas.
• Even if your headset is an open-air type designed to let you hear outside sounds, don't
turn up the volume so high that can't hear sounds around you.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B
digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which
can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to
correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the
receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by Audiovox could void the user's
authority to operate the equipment.
Powering the Recorder
Important Battery Information
• Alkaline batteries are recommended for longer play. Carbon-zinc or nickel cadmium
rechargeable batteries can substantially reduce play time.
• If you're not going to use your player for a month or more, be sure to remove batteries
because they can leak and damage the unit.
• Dispose of batteries in the proper manner, according to federal, state, and local
• Any battery may leak electrolyte if mixed with a different battery type, if inserted
incorrectly, if all batteries are not replaced at the same time, if disposed of in fire, or if
an attempt is made to charge a battery not intended to be recharged.
• Discard leaky batteries immediately. Leaking batteries can cause skin burns or other
1. Open battery door by pressing down on
the arrow, sliding it as indicated and
2. Insert 2 "AA" alkaline batteries into the
battery compartment. Be sure each
battery is installed as shown on the
battery diagram on the battery door.
3. Close the battery door by sliding door
into the closed position.
NOTE: If the recording sounds distorted, or if the tape moves very slowly or not at all,
check the batteries, try AC power or a fresh set of batteries before seeking service (See