DIGITAL PRESENTER USER'S MANUAL SDP-860 Before attempting to operate this product. Please read the instruction carefully. www.samsungpresenter.com...
This high-resolution projection system projects images on display devices such as PC monitors and projection screens. This user manual is for the SDP-860 product. Please read this manual and any supplementary document(s) thoroughly before attempting to install and/or operate the product.
Product Warranty and Limitations The manufacturer of this product is not responsible for the sale of the product, nor does the manufacturer delegate such responsibility to a third party. The product warranty does not cover accidents, negligence, abuse, or improper use of the item in whole or in any part. Additionally, the manufacturer does not provide warranty for any additional part or piece that was not supplied by the manufacturer.
When equipped with an adapter lens, it also delivers ultra-close-up shots Convenient Multimedia Options The SDP-860 not only saves and plays still images and videos (VGA/30 fps) but also supports audio mixing for more versatile multimedia capabilities. Many Output Device Choices The SDP-860 supports from XGA lo UXGA for VGA/DVI outputs, offering various choices of output devices.
Table of Contents Safety Pre cautions -------------------------- Warning Caution Product Information Package Contents Part Names & Functions (Main Frame) Front Back (Rear Connection Terminals) Side (Side Connection Terminals) Part Names & Functions(Main Frame Control Board Remote Controller) Preparing Set Settings Menus & Default Values Installation Connecting In/Output Devices..
Safety Precautions • To prevent possible user injury or damage to property, please read and follow all information below. Warning/Caution/Special Mark Messages Warning • Do not connect multiple power cords to a single outlet. o It is often the cause of short-circuits that may cause fire. •...
Caution • Do not insert the power plug to a loose socket. • It may result in electric shock and/or fire . • Avoid installing the product in places that are vulnerable to impact. • Avoid installing the product in places that are exposed to powerful magnetic fields or vibrations.
Part Names and Functions(Main Frame) Default Contents User’s Manual Remote Controller Power Cable Power Adapter DVI Cable VGA Cable USB Cable USB Program &CD & Manual Diffuser Sheet (290x190)
Lens RS232C cables and adapter lenses from other brands may not be compatible with this product. Samsung Techwin cares for the environment at all product manufacturing stages to preserve the environment, and is taking a number of steps to provide customers with more environmentally friendly products.
Back (Rear Connection Terminals) Terminal Function Connect the power adapter cable. Connect the video output terminal of a VGA output device. When External Input is selected, video is displayed via this VGA video output l (P 20) Connect the RGS video output terminal of a PC monitor or a projector.P.
Side (Side Connection Terminals) Terminal Function Connect Kensington Security Slot Connect a speaker or earphones for audio output signals. Connect an audio mixing mic for saving videos..Connect an RS-232C cable..Connect an SD/SDHC card for saving or importing videos and pictures.
Button Function Turn On/Off Power Select Internal/External Video ( LIVE Mode) Auto Focus (While Playing Video) Play Previous File (Capture/LIST Mode) Page DOWN (LIVE Mode) MF/Auto Color Adjustment (While Playing Video) Play Next File Capture/LIST Mode) Page UP Cancel Command...
Button Function ( LIVE Mode) Brighten/Darken Screen (While Playing Video) Adjust Volume (Capture/LIST Mode) Move Up/Down ( LIVE Mode) Enlarge/Minimize Screen (While Playing Video) Rewind/Fast Forward. (Capture/LIST Mode) Move Left/Right. Page ( LIVE Mode) Open Menu (Capture/LIST Mode) Execute Selected Menu (While Playing Video) Play/Stop File (SD Card Required) -.
Face the lens straight down 2. Adjust the main support to face the lens toward a document...
3. Connect a VGA OUT, DVI, or USB cable and the power cord. (P.20) ···· ... 4. To turn on the power of the digital presenter, press the Power button on the digital presenter's control board or remote controller.
Pressing the Power button turns on the LIVE power LED light around the button and set status LED in blue. Initial Screen Displays the current digital presenter settings. • Displays the current screen-capture settings. • Displays the operational status of an SD card and the system. •...
To use a normal or DVI monitor, you must connect the monitor to the digital presenter using a monitor or DVI cable. Connection * Depending on the specifications of the SDP-860 D/A converter and the monitor A/D converter, the color of RGB and DVI outputs may vary.
Connecting Computer for Output You can watch projected images on a PC monitor by connecting the PC to the digital presenter via USB cable. CAUTION: For the USB cable connection, using a USB port on the main board of a computer is recommended.
RS-232C cables from other brands may not be compatible with this product. When connecting via USB, install the included USB drivers and SDP-860 Viewer program in your computer. For instructions on installing the software, please read the manuals. For connecting via RS-232C cable, no extra program is provided;...
Connecting Audio/Mic Audio and mic use the 3.50 terminal. Connecting Kensington Security Slot Kensington Security Slot is an anti-theft system that is integrated to the projector. Wind Kensington Security Cable around a fixture apparatus such as a rack , and then insert the end of the cable to the Kensington Security Slot in the projector.
* DVI Output does not support this option. Note Bypass Option: Turn on the power of the digital presenter to output video from the VGA IN terminal to VGA OUT...
Basic Operation Functions Watching Video from External Devices Install the digital presenter as instructed in this manual. (PAGE 15) Select an Input option; press (in/text)on the digital presenter control board or remote controller to select an input. External input or digital presenter video switches back and forth each time the button is pressed.
Enlarging/Minimizing • You can zoom in and out on screen objects. • To enlarge or shrink, press the (Enlarge) or (Minimize) button on the control board or remote controller (6x Optical Zoom & 8x Digital Zoom). • When using the Enlarge and Minimize buttons, the blue gauge indicates the optical zoom portion while the red indicates digital.
zoom works. Maximizing Digital Zoom (D-Zoom Max) You can select a maximum digital zoom power. In the Menu, select ZOOM/FOCUS > D-ZOOM MAX. • Pressing the Zoom in and Zoom out button changes the maximum zoom power to OFF > 4x > 8x. •...
• To darken: Press on the control board or remote controller. Note • For glossy paper documents, turn off the upper light to use only natural light. For • better visual quality, use or the remote controller's Darken button to lower the brightness, and then adjust the position of the document.
Operation (Functions) Select AWB between MF and AWB. SELECT FUNCTION AWB - SET(AWB KEY) MANUAL FOCUS CANCLE • Press MF/AWB to adjust the color automatically. • Save the settings and then exit to the Live screen. Auto Color Adjustment Method 2: ATW (Auto Tracking) ...
• Pressing the button changes the Noise Reduction mode to OFF > AUTO> MA X. • AUTO: Automatically controls the NR amount depending on the lighting conditions. • MAX: Always keep the maximum NR amount • Selecting Auto may cause after images if there are many movements on one screen.
• Pressing the button changes to TEXT > IMAGE > CUSTOM. • TEXT Mode: Optimizes the screen for documents with dense text. • IMAGE Mode: Optimizes the screen for pictures and videos. • When selecting CUSTOM Mode, the following sub menus appear.
PRESET SETTING Preset EXE Preset1 Pre-SAV Preset1 BOOT PRESET Return P1: z: - 11, F:1271, B:60 P2: z: - 11, F:1271, B:60 P3: z: - 11, F:1271, B:60 P4: z: - 11, F:1271, B:60 • Select Preset-SAV, and then press the button to enter the current settings to a preset number.
• Selecting capturing Image Format (PIC Format) • Press the button to select a desired resolution. Still image resolutions change to JPEG>BMP. • Press the button to select a desired resolution. Still image resolutions change to FINE> NORMAL > BEST. •...
Press the button to reset the filename of an image or video capture. Operation (Functions) Capturing Images • Install the digital presenter as instructed in this manual. • Insert an SD card. • To capture an image, press the button on the control board or remote controller.
mode. To check the captured image, press the MODE button to enter Picture List mode. 5. Picture List Mode:...
Screen Description 1. Indicates remaining free space of the current SD memory card. 2. Indicates the current folder name. 3. Indicates the number of images in the current folder. 4. Indicates the current page and total pages in the current folder.
Operation • Press to check the captured image. • Full Screen • While in full screen mode, use the Left and Right keys to move between images. • The AF button moves to the first file in the folder. The AWB button moves to the last file in the folder •...
Capturing Video Install the digital presenter as instructed in this manual. • To record audio, connect a mic. • When the control board or remote controller is turned on, the projector activates LIVE mode (LIVE). • Insert an SD card. •...
• While capturing video, the filename and running time display on the bottom of the screen. • If the video recording duration (TIME ELAPSE) is set, the remaining time displays instead of the running time. • To finish capturing and go back to Live mode, press the MODE button.
• Indicates remaining free space of the current SD memory card. • Indicates the current folder name. • Indicates the number of videos in the current folder. • Indicates the thumbnail of a selected video. • Press the buttons to select a video. •...
• Screen Description • The file that is currently being played • Playback Status (PLAY/ PAUSE) • Video Running Time • Volume For the playback screen controls, refer to Control Board/Remote controller functions. 10. To delete a video, select the video, and then press Freeze Mode Settings &...
Microscope Mode • Attach a microscope adapter lens to the digital presenter lens part. • Bring the microscope adapter lens to the ocular part of the microscope that is properly focused, as close as possible. Adjust the position of the digital presenter to bring the circular image of an object in the center of the monitor.
• Check if the screen is focused properly. If not, adjust the micromanipulator of the microscope to refocus. Check if the screen is now focused. • To cancel Microscope mode, press the ® button. Ultra Macro Mode • When used in conjunction with an adapter lens, the projector can capture the screen at an extremely close range within 1cm.
PC when connected operational errors. via USB. For more detailed information about the SDP-860 program, please refer to the included manual. Check the remote controller's batteries. The remote Replace with new ones if necessary.
Replacing Remote Control Batteries Remove the battery lid on the back of the remote controller Insert batteries matching the + and - signals. (Battery Type: CR-2025)
Close the lid. Caution: Random replacement of built-in battery by other types batteries may cause explosion. The battery shall be replaced by the same battery. The used batteries shall be disposed carefully because they can cause environment pollutions.
The following specifications are subject to change and upgrade without prior notice. White Balance ATW / AWC (One-touch ) / Manual Aperture Function Image Mode /Text Mode/ Custom Mode Noise Reduction Available (Low Light presenter with 2D/3D NR) Preset Function Up to 4 User settings Image Freeze Available...
Lens F = 2.5(Wide)-3.12(Tele), f = 4.1- 24.6mm, 6X Shooting Area Max: 420 x 336 mm Zoom 48X Zoom(Optical 6X / Digital 8X) Focus Auto focus/ Manual Iris Auto (with fine level adjustment) Pick-up Device 1/3" PS CMOS Sensor Total Number of 1,384(H) x 1,076(V), 1.49M pixels Number of Effective 1,329(H) x 1,049(V), 1.39M pixels Frame Rate...