SITELOCK LLC, 701 East Joppa Road, Baltimore, MD 21286
Form No. 641310-00
DS380 Wireless Signal Booster (Repeater)
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This manual contains important safety and
operating instructions for the power supply.
General Safety Rules
WARNING: Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all
instructions may result in electric shock, fire, property damage and/or serious
personal injury or death. In addition, read and follow all instructions and warnings
provided with the DS100 Jobsite Security Portable Alarm System.
WARNING: SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. Do not use this system in hazardous areas. This
may include blasting areas and potentially explosive atmospheres. Sparks in such areas could
cause an explosion or fire resulting in bodily injury or even death. They include but are not limit-
ed to fueling areas such as gas stations; fuel or chemical transfer or storage facilities; vehicles
using liquefied petroleum gas (such as propane or butane); areas where the air contains chemi-
cals or particles, such as grain, dust, or metal powders; and any other area where one would nor-
mally be advised to turn off a vehicle engine.
WARNING: SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. When using any type of elevating or lifting
device (i.e., ladder), be sure to read and understand the manual and all safety precautions
associated with that equipment.
WARNING: BATTERIES – EXPLOSION, INJURY OR FIRE. The Repeater contains a lithi-
um ion battery. Carefully follow all of the instructions in this manual.
• Never dispose of the DS380 or its battery in a fire. Return to a D
recycle the unit.
• The battery can explode in a fire. Toxic fumes and materials are created when lithium ion
batteries are burned.
• Do not crush, bend, shred, puncture or deform the DS380 and its battery.
• If battery contents come into contact with the skin, immediately wash area with mild soap
and water. If battery liquid gets into the eye, rinse water over the open eye for 15 minutes
or until irritation ceases. If medical attention is needed, the battery electrolyte is composed
of a mixture of liquid organic carbonates and lithium salts.
• Contents of opened battery cells may cause respiratory irritation. Provide fresh air. If symp-
toms persists, seek medical attention.
IMPORTANT: Disengage the battery by moving the switch to the OFF position (O) position
before transporting the DS380.
Important Safety Instructions for Power Supplies
When using electrical products, basic precautions should always be practiced including the fol-
1. READ AND FOLLOW ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Read and follow all instructions that are on the product or provided with the product.
3. For a cord-connected or direct plug-in power unit, do not use an extension cord.
4. The power supply and fixtures must be installed to meet all National and local codes and
WARNING: Risk of Electric Shock. When used outdoors, install only to a covered Class A
GFCI protected receptacle that is weatherproof with the plug connected to the receptacle. If one
is not provided, contact a qualified electrician for proper installation. Ensure that the plug and
cord do not interfere with completely closing the receptacle cover.
WARNING: Risk of Electric Shock. Mount the power supply at a height greater than 1 foot
(.3m) from the ground surface and at least 10 ft. (3m) from a pool or spa.
WARNING: Risk of Electric Shock. Do not operate with a damaged power supply cord or
plug. Protect the cord from being walked on or pinched. Do not pull on cords or cables. When
unplugging the cord from an electrical outlet, grasp and pull the cord by the plug. Do not
attempt to repair a damaged cord, have it replaced immediately.
CAUTION: POTENTIAL EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION OR FAILURE. Use only the power
supply provided with this equipment.
Copyright © 2005, 2006 D
WALT service center to
• This product is not user serviceable. There are no user serviceable parts inside this product.
Do not attempt to open housing to access internal components. Servicing at a D
authorized service center is required to avoid damage to static sensitive internal compo-
nents. Unauthorized service will void the warranty.
• Avoid exposure to temperature extremes.
• Do not immerse in water or other liquids.
• Ensure the Repeater is secured to a stable surface.
The RBRC™ Seal
The RBRC™ (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) Seal on the unit
indicates that the costs to recycle the battery at the end of its useful life have
already been paid by D
RBRC™ in cooperation with D
programs in the United States and Canada to facilitate the collection of spent lithi-
um ion batteries. Help protect our environment and conserve natural resources by
returning the unit with the spent battery to an authorized D
contact your local recycling center for information on where to drop off the unit.
RBRC™ is a registered trademark of the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation.
FCC REGULATORY STATEMENT (FCC: HCQ3B6EXFFR)
• This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following
two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) the device must
accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired opera-
INDUSTRY CANADA (IC: 2309AEXFFR)
• NOTICE: This equipment meets the applicable Industry Canada Terminal Equipment
Technical Specifications. This is confirmed by the registration number. The abbreviation,
IC, before the registration number signifies that registration was performed based on a
Declaration of Conformity indicating that Industry Canada technical specifications were
met. It does not imply that Industry Canada approved the equipment.
The DS380 Wireless Signal Booster (Repeater), made for indoor/outdoor use, is a broadband
receiver/transmitter that extends the range between the DS100 Base Unit and its sensors. Most
jobsites have many large inhibitors to radio frequency (RF) communications, such as metal, con-
crete and elevations. Due to this fact, the Repeater is designed for protecting assets on various
parts of the jobsite that the communication range from a sensor to the Base Unit cannot cover.
• The DS380 features 900 MHz spread spectrum communication for a range of up to 2000'
(610m) in any direction.
• The DS380 extends the range of communication of DS100 Jobsite Security Systems up to
an additional 2000' (610m).
• The DS380 uses a rechargeable lithium ion battery as a backup for up to 18 hours.
• The Reset Button allows the Repeater to be registered to any D
• If registered, the DS380 features a Tamper Switch (A) that notifies the system when the
Repeater cover (C) is opened.
NOTE: Metal objects blocking radio frequency (RF) transmission will affect the range of the
Prevention of False Alarms
The majority of alarms that occur are false. These situations happen every day due to user error,
incorrect installation or improper maintenance of the system. False alarms will limit the respon-
siveness to the system and become a general inconvenience. As the number of false alarms
increases, authorities have become less apt to respond to alarm systems due to this problem.
Many of these situations can be avoided by following some very simple practices.
• Ensure all users are properly trained on the operation of the system.
• Check that premises are cleared and assets secured before setting the system.
• Know how to cancel an alarm or turn off the system before activating.
• If a false alarm is tripped notify customer service immediately.
• Test the system on a monthly basis to ensure proper functioning.
• Check cellular signal, power supply and that sensors are secured on a daily basis.
1. Connect power cord and plug unit into a 120V AC receptacle (Fig. 3).
2. Engage the battery by moving the Battery Switch (B) from O to I (Fig. 1).
3. Register the unit (see Device Registration).
4. Mount (see Mounting).
5. Test (see Walk Test).
The DS380 Repeater is shipped with the 1.8AH lithium ion battery disengaged. During installa-
tion, move the switch (B) from O to I to engage the battery (Fig. 1).
If the voltage drops below the recommended threshold (in primary or backup mode), the
Repeater will send a message to the Base Unit to which it is registered.
The product may not function below 0˚F (-18˚C). However, below freezing 32˚F (0˚C), the bat-
tery will not recharge.
The Repeater is factory programmed to re-transmit signals from all D
Portable Alarm Systems. To receive status messages from the Repeater (see Fault Codes),
register the Repeater to the DS100 Base Unit. When registered to the DS100 Base Unit, the
DS380 Repeater provides the status of battery, as well as its tamper and fault conditions.
Refer to the DS100 Jobsite Security Portable Alarm System Instruction Manual for more details
on registering a device during the initial setup.
NOTE: The DS100 Jobsite Security System must be disarmed prior to any programming
1. Pull to open cover (C).
2. Press the MAIN MENU button on the keypad of the DS100 Base Unit.
3. Using the keypad, enter the master code.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WALT and other battery users, has established
WALT service center. You may also
Indicates Repeater is receiving RF
transmission (may receive RF
communication from sources
other than the D
Security Portable Alarm System
sensors and wireless devices)
Indicates Repeater is transmitting
only RF transmission from D
Jobsite Security Portable Alarm System
sensors and wireless devices
Indicates low battery
Indicates external power to Repeater
Indicates the back-up battery is in use.
WALT DS100 Jobsite
WALT Jobsite Security