E-MANUAL imagine the possibilities Thank you for purchasing this Samsung product. To receive more complete service, please register your product at www.samsung.com/register Model _____________ Serial No. _____________...
Contents Channel Menu Preference Features Advanced Features • Using the Channel Menu • Wired Network Connection • • Memorizing Channels • Wireless Network Connection • AllShare™ • Other Features • Setting the Time • Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) • Blocking Programs • Using the My Contents •...
Channel Menu ❑ Using the Channel Menu Press the CONTENT button to select Watch TV, and then select the desired menu item. Choose from Schedule Manager, Channel List, and Channel Manager. Watch TV Schedule Manager Channel List ▶ Channel Manager My Contents Source ●...
Schedule Manager ■ CONTENT → → → Watch TV Schedule Manager ENTERE To cancel or set Timer Viewing. Timer Viewing lets you display the channel you want at the time of your choice. Using Timer Viewing You can set the TV to display a desired channel automatically on a day and at a ◀...
To use Timer Viewing, follow these steps: 1. Press the ENTERE button to add a scheduled viewing. 2. Press the buttons to set Antenna, Channel, Repeat, Date, and Start Time. ● Antenna: Select the desired antenna source. ● Channel: Select the desired channel. ●...
● Date: you can set a desired date. Date is available only when you select Once in Repeat. ● Start Time: You can set the start time you want. You can only schedule memorized (added) channels. On the Information screen, you can change or cancel a scheduled viewing. ●...
Channel List ■ Channel List contains the channels your TV displays (Added Channels) when you press the Channel button on your remote. On the Channel List, you can view Added Channels, channel information, Favorites, and manage channels. When you press the CH LIST button on the Channel List Added Channels remote control, the...
If you want to view the list of favorite channels, press the CH LIST button, and then press the Mode) button to display 1-5. If you Favorites have favorites in more than one Favorite Group, press the Mode) to view the other groups. Press the button to return to the Channel List.
● Mode): Toggles between the Favorites list (if you have added favorites using Add to Favorites) and the Channel List. ● (Watch / Information): Press to watch the channel you selected / Displays details of the selected program. ● (Page): Scrolls the Channel List to the next or previous page.
How to use Timer Viewing in Channel List (digital channels only) You can use Timer Viewing Channel List to schedule a digital channel program for viewing. The TV will turn on and display the digital channel program when the program begins.
Channel Manager ■ CONTENT → → → Watch TV Channel Manager ENTERE Using Channel Manager, you can add, edit, or delete Added and Favorite channels. You can also add and edit channel Channel Manager 1/1 page Added Ch. Selected items : 4 Channel Number names - for analog channels only.
Using the Arrow buttons with Channel Manager 1. Highlight a channel in the first column on the left, and then press the Left arrow button. The Channel Manager sub-menu appears. 2. Use the Up or Down arrow buttons to select Added Ch., All Channels...
Channel Manager Option Menu Manage channels using the Channel Manager menu options (Watch, Add to Favorites Edit Favorites, Channel Name Edit, / Delete, Deselect All, Select All). The Option menu items that appear may differ depending on the channel status and type.
Options ● Watch: Watch the channel you selected. To use, select Watch on the Option menu, and then press ENTERE. ● Add to Favorites Edit Favorites: Add to Favorites appears if the channel you selected is not already a favorite. Edit Favorites appears if the channel you selected is already a favorite.
Using Edit Favorites to delete a channel from the Favorites List: 1. Select Edit Favorites, and then press the ENTERE button. The Edit screen appears. Favorites 2. The Favorites Group you assigned the channel to is checked. Select the group, and then press ENTERE.
● Channel Name Edit (analog channels only): Assign a name of up to five characters to a channel. For example, Hist, Food, Golf, etc. This makes it easier to find and select the channel. ● / Delete: Add a channel to or delete a channel from the Channel Manager.
Adding a Channel to the Channel List: 1. Select a deleted channel on the list, and then press the All Channels ENTERE button. Deleted channels are grayed out. 2. Press the TOOLS button on your remote. The Options menu appears. 3.
● All: Deselect all the selected channels. Deselect You can only select Deselect All when you have selected one or more channels. ● All: Select all the channels in the channel list. To use, choose Select Select All in the Options menu, and then press ENTERE. All channels are selected and a check appears by each channel.
❑ Memorizing Channels → → MENUm Channel ENTERE Antenna (Air / Cable) ■ To select or Cable, follow these steps: Your TV memorizes channels and adds the memorized channels to the Channel Manager with the Auto Program function. Before your TV can memorize channels, you must specify the signal source, either or Cable.
→ → 1. Push on your remote. MENUm Channel ENTERE 2. Select Antenna, and then press ENTERE. 3. Select the source of your TV signal, or Cable, and then press the RETURN button. ◀ ▶ English...
Auto Program ■ Scans for channels automatically and stores them in the TV’s memory. To start Auto Program, follow these steps: → → 1. Push MENUm Channel ENTERE on your remote. 2. Select Auto Program, and then press ENTERE. 3. Select Cable or both by highlighting and then pressing ENTERE.
5. If you selected Cable, the Cable System screen appears. Select Digital, and then press ENTERE. If you selected only, starts. Auto Program 6. Select STD, HRC, or IRC, and then press ENTERE. 7. Repeat for Analog. 8. Select or Next, and then press ENTERE. starts.
How to Stop Auto Programming 1. Press the ENTERE button. 2. A message will ask Stop Auto Program? Select by pressing the button. 3. Press the button. ENTERE ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Other Features → → MENUm Channel ENTERE Clear Scrambled Channel ■ This function is filters out scrambled channels after Auto Program is completed. This process may take up to 20~30 minutes. How to Stop the clear Scrambled Channels function ◀...
Fine Tune ■ (analog channels only) If the reception is clear, you do not have to fine tune the channel, as this is done automatically during the search and store operation. If the signal is weak or distorted, fine tune the channel manually. Scroll to the left or right until the image is clear.
Basic Features ❑ Changing the Preset Picture Mode → → → MENUm Picture Picture Mode ENTERE Picture Mode ■ Picture modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select a mode using the up and down arrow keys, and then press the ENTERE button.
❑ Adjusting Picture Settings → → MENUm Picture ENTERE Cell Light Contrast Brightness Sharpness Color Tint (G/R) ■ Your television has several options for adjusting picture quality. Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and then press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to adjust the option value or select an option setting.
❑ Changing the Picture Size → → → MENUm Picture Screen Adjustment ENTERE Screen Adjustment ■ Screen Adjustment provides various picture size and aspect ratio options. Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and the press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to select an option in the sub-menu, and then press ENTERE.
Zoom1: Use for moderate magnification. Cuts off the top and sides. Zoom2: Use for a stronger magnification. Wide Fit: Enlarges the aspect ratio of the picture so it fits the entire screen. Available with HD 1080i / 720p signals in 16:9 mode. 4:3: Sets the picture to (4:3) mode.
To use the Position function after selecting Zoom1, Fit, follow Zoom2 Wide these steps: 1. Press the button to select Position. 2. Press the button. ENTERE 3. Press the button to move the picture up or down. 4. Press the button.
To use the function after selecting when connected to an Position Screen Fit HDMI (1080i/1080p) or Component (1080i/1080p) source, follow these steps: 1. Press the button to select Position. 2. Press the button. ENTERE 3. Press the u, d, button to move the picture. 4.
● HD (High Definition): 16:9 - 1080i / 1080p (1920x1080), 720p (1280x720) ● You can adjust and store settings for each external device you have connected to an input on the TV. ● Picture Sizes available by Input Source: Input Source Picture Size ATV, AV, Component (480i, 480p) 16:9, Zoom1, Zoom2, 4:3...
❑ Changing the Picture Options Advanced Settings ■ → → → MENUm Picture Advanced Settings ENTERE Advanced Settings are available in the Advanced Settings Standard Movie modes. When connecting Black Tone : Off ► a PC, you can only make changes to Gamma Dynamic Contrast : Medium...
● Black Tone (Off / Darkest): Select the black level to adjust the Dark Darker screen depth. ● Dynamic Contrast (Off / High): Adjusts the screen contrast. Medium ● Gamma: Adjusts the primary color intensity. ● RGB Only Mode (Off / Blue): Displays the Red, Green Green...
● Color Space (Auto / Native): Adjusts the range of colors (the color gamut) available to create images. ● Balance: Adjusts the color temperature for a more natural picture. White / B-Offset: Adjusts each color’s (red, green, blue) R-Offset G-Offset darkness.
Picture Options ■ → → → MENUm Picture Picture Options ENTERE Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and then press ENTERE. Use the arrow keys to change the setting, and then press ENTERE. When connecting a PC, you can only make Picture Options changes to Color...
● Digital Noise Filter (Off Medium High Auto Auto Visualization): If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Filter feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. When the signal is weak, try each option until the the TV displays the best picture.
● HDMI Black Level (Low / Normal): Lets you select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth. Available only in mode. HDMI ● Film Mode (Off Auto1 Auto2 Cinema Smooth ): Sets the TV so that it senses for PDP 550 Series and above and then processes film signals from all sources automatically and adjusts the picture for optimum quality.
Reset Picture (OK / Cancel) ■ Resets your current picture mode to its default settings. ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Using the TV with Your PC Set the input source to PC. Auto Adjustment ■ → → → MENUm Picture Auto Adjustment ENTERE Automatically adjusts the picture’s frequency, position, and fine tune settings in the mode. Available in mode only. ◀...
PC Screen Adjustment ■ → → → → MENUm Picture Screen Adjustment PC Screen Adjustment ENTERE Available in mode only. ● Coarse / Fine: Removes or reduces picture noise. If the noise is not removed by Fine-tuning alone, use the function to adjust the frequency as best Coarse as possible (Coarse) and Fine-tune again.
Depending on your version of Windows and your video card, the procedure on your PC will probably differ slightly from the procedure presented here. However, the same basic information will apply in most cases. (If not, contact your computer manufacturer or Samsung Dealer.) ◀ ▶...
1. On your PC, click “Control Panel” on the Windows start menu. 2. Click “Appearance and Themes” in the “Control Panel” window, A display dialog- box appears. 3. Click “Display”. Another display dialog box appears. 4. Click the “Settings” tab on the display dialog-box. ●...
❑ Changing the Preset Sound Modes → → → MENUm Sound Sound Mode ENTERE Sound Mode ■ Use the up and down arrow keys to select an option, and then press ENTERE. ● Standard: Selects the normal sound mode. ● Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
❑ Adjusting Sound Settings → → MENUm Sound ENTERE Sound Effect ■ Speaker Select is set to External Speaker, Sound Effect is disabled. ● SRS TruSurround HD (Off / On) (standard sound mode only) This function provides a virtual 5.1 channel surround sound experience through ◀...
● Equalizer The Equalizer displays a series of sliders. Use the up and down arrow keys to select a slider. Use the left and right arrow keys to change the slider’s value. To Reset the Equalizer, select Reset and press ENTERE, then press ENTERE again.
Broadcast Audio Options ■ ● Preferred Language (digital channels only) Use the up and down arrow keys to select a language, and then press ENTERE. Digital-TV broadcasts can simultaneously transmit many audio tracks (for example, simultaneous translations of the program into foreign languages). ◀...
● Multi-Track Sound (MTS) (analog channels only) Select an option using the up and down arrow keys, and the press ENTERE. Mono: Choose for channels that are broadcasting in mono or if you are having difficulty receiving a stereo signal. Stereo: Choose for channels that are broadcasting in stereo.
SPDIF Output ■ The SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital InterFace) outputs an uncompressed digital audio signal when you connect the digital audio jack on the back of the TV to a digital audio in jack on a receiver or home theater. ●...
Speaker Settings ■ ● Speaker Select (External Speaker Speaker) If you are listening to the sound track of a broadcast or movie through an external receiver, you may hear a sound echo caused by the difference in decoding speed between the TV’s speakers and the speakers attached to your audio receiver.
● Auto Volume (Off / Night) Normal Normal equalizes the volume level on each channel, so that when you change channels, the volume level is the same. Night equalizes and decrease the volume level on each channel, so each channel is quieter. Night is useful at night, when you may want to keep the volume low.
Reset Sound (OK / Cancel) ■ Reset all sound settings to the factory defaults. Select Reset, press ENTERE, select OK on the pop-up, and then press ENTERE again. ◀ ▶ English...
Preference Features ❑ Wired Network Connection ■ Connecting to a Wired Network for PDP 550 Series and above There are three ways to attach your TV to your LAN using cable: ● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an external modem using a LAN cable.
● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to a IP Sharer (router) which is connected to an external modem. Use LAN cable for the connection. See the diagram below. The Modem Port on the Wall External Modem...
● Depending on how your network is configured, you may be able to attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV directly to a network wall outlet using a LAN cable. See the diagram below. Note that the wall outlet is attached to a modem or router elsewhere in your house.
● If you have a Dynamic Network, you should use an ADSL modem or router that supports the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Modems and routers that support DHCP automatically provide the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values your TV needs to access the Internet so you do not have to enter them manually.
Network Settings ■ → → → MENUm Network Network Settings ENTERE Set up your network connection so you can use various Internet services such as Contents, AllShare™ and perform software upgrades. Network Status ■ → → → MENUm Network Network Status ENTERE Lets you check the current network and Internet status.
■ Automatic Network Setup Use the Automatic Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that supports DHCP. To set up your TV’s cable network connection automatically, follow these steps: How to set up automatically 1. Go to the Network Settings screen.
If the connection process fails, check the Network Settings Wired network and Internet connection completed. LAN port connection. MAC Address 00:40:30:30:20:10 IP Address 192.168.10.21 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 If the automatic process cannot find the Gateway 192.168.10.1 DNS Server 126.96.36.199 Internet is connected successfully. network connection values or if you want to If you have a problem with using Internet service, contact your Internet service provider.
■ Manual Network Setup Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address. Getting the Network Connection Values To view the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: 1. Go to the screen. (MENUm Network Settings IP Settings → → → ENTERE) Network Network Settings Internet Protocol Setup : Manual ► IP Address 2.
4. In the top entry field, press ENTERE, and then set to Manual. IP Mode 5. Press the button on your remote to go to the IP Address entry field, and then press ENTERE. 6. Enter the first portion of the IP Address (for example, 105) into the first entry field using the number keys on your remote.
8. Repeat the entry process for each field in the IP Address. If you make a mistake when entering a number, re-enter the number to correct it. You can also press the up or down arrow button to change the number one unit at a time.
PDP 550 Series and above To connect your TV to your wireless network, you need a wireless router or modem and a Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (WIS09ABGN, WIS09ABGN2, or WIS10ABGN), which you connect to your TV’s back or side panel USB jack. See the illustration below.
Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter is sold separately and is offered by select retailers, Ecommerce sites, and Samsungparts.com. Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter supports the IEEE 802.11a/b/c and n communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11n. When you play video over a network connection, the video may not be played smoothly.
If you select the Pure High-throughput (Greenfield) 802.11n mode and the Encryption type is set to WEP, TKIP or TKIP AES (WPS2Mixed) on your wireless ◀ ▶ router, Samsung TVs will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi- Fi certification specifications. English...
● If your router, modem, or device is not certified, it may not connect to the TV via the “Samsung Wireless LAN adapter.” ● Ensure the TV is turned off before you connect the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. ◀ ▶...
One Foot Connection – Plug & Access ◀ ▶ ● The TV may not recognize the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter if it is connected to the TV using a USB hub or USB extension cable other than the cable supplied. English...
The picture may appear corrupted or have static on some channels when the TV is connected to the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter. If this occurs, connect the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter using a USB cable in a place that is not affected by radio interference.
■ Automatic Network Setup Most wireless networks have an optional security system that requires devices that access the network to transmit an encrypted security code called an Access or Security Key. The Security Key is based on a Pass Phrase, typically a word or a series of letters and numbers of a specified length you were asked to enter when you set up security for your wireless network.
3. The function searches for available wireless networks. When done, it Network displays a list of the available networks. 4. In the list of networks, press the button to select a network, and then press the ENTERE button twice. If the wireless router is set to Hidden (Invisible), you have to select Network and enter the correct Network Name (SSID)
6. If the wireless router has security, enter the Network Settings Enter security key. 0 entered Security key (Security key or PIN). When you enter the Security key (Security key or PIN), use buttons on your remote to select Delete Space Done number/characters.
7. When done, use the right arrow button to move the cursor to Done, and then press ENTERE. 8. The network test screen appears and the verification process starts. When the connection has been verified, the “Internet connection successful.” message appears.
■ Manual Network Setup Use Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address or if the automatic connection process has failed. Getting the Network Connection Values To view the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: → → 1. Go to the Network Settings screen. (MENUm Network Network → ENTERE) Settings 2. Select (General), and then press the button. Wireless ENTERE 3.
5. If the Enter Security key screen appears, go to step 6. If you selected an AP or wireless router that does not have security, go to step 8. 6. Enter the Security key (Security key or PIN). When you enter the Security key (Security key or PIN), use the l /r...
7. When done, use the button to move the cursor to Done, and then press the ENTERE button. 8. The network test screen appears and the verification process starts. Press ENTERE to cancel. Select IP Settings on network test screen. The screen appears.
13. Repeat the entry process for each field in the Address. If you make a mistake when entering a number, re-enter the number to correct it. You can also press the button to change the number one unit at a time. 14.
WPS(PBC) Network Setup ■ How to set up using WPS(PBC) If your router has a WPS(PBC) button, follow these steps: → 1. Go to Network Settings screen. (MENUm Network Settings Select a network connection type. → → ENTERE). Network Network Settings 2.
You can connect to a mobile device that supports Ad-hoc connections - without going through a wireless router - using the “Samsung Wireless LAN adapter”. After you connect the TV to a mobile device, you can use files on the device or connect to the internet using the AllShare or My Contents function.
4. Select OK, and press ENTERE. The TV searches for the mobile device. 5. When the TV finishes searching for mobile devices, input the generated into the device you want to connect. Network Name (SSID) Security Key If network does not operate normally, check the Network Name (SSID) Security Key again.
One Foot Connection Network Setup ■ One Foot Connection function lets you connect your Samsung TV automatically to a Samsung wireless Router. If your wireless router does not support Connection, you must connect using one of the other One Foot methods.
10 inches (25cm) of your TV. U Move E Enter R Return ◀ 4. Place the router in parallel with and no more than ▶ ● The displayed image may differ depending on the model. 9 3/4 inches from the Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. English...
If you want to try using One Foot Connection again, reset the wireless router, disconnect the Samsung Wireless LAN adapter and then try again from Step1. 5. The network test screen appears, and network set up is done.
Plug & Access function lets you easily connect your Samsung TV to your Samsung wireless router by using a USB memory stick to transfer the setup information from the router to the TV. If your non-Samsung wireless router does not support Plug &...
How to set up using Plug & Access function 1. Turn on the Samsung wireless router and your TV. 2. Insert a USB memory stick into the USB port in your Samsung wireless router. Check the router’s LED’s to make sure it is on (Blinking → On).
5. The network test screen appears, and the network setup is done. 6. Place the wireless router in a desired location. If the router’s settings change or you install a new wireless router, you must perform the procedure again, beginning from Step 1. Plug &...
This Priority QOS function is unique to Samsung wireless routers. You can connect a Samsung wireless router to many devices, such as laptops, mobile phones, BD players etc. But, when you connect a Samsung TV to a Samsung wireless router, the Samsung wireless router gives the Samsung TV a priority connection.
The internet connection may fail because of a firewall problem. If this is the case, contact your Internet service provider. If you cannot connect to the Internet even after you have followed the procedures of your Internet service provider, please contact Samsung Electronics at 1-800-SAMSUNG. English...
❑ Setting the Time → System →Time → MENUm ENTERE Time ■ The current time will appear every time you press the INFO button. ● Clock: Setting the clock to use the various various timer features of the TV. If you disconnect the power cord, you have to set the clock again. –...
Manual: Set the current time manually. Depending on the broadcast station and signal, the auto time set up may not be correct. In this case, set the time manually. – Clock Set: Set the Month, Day, Year, Hour, Minute and am/pm. Select Clock Set.
– DST (Off / On): Switches the DST (Daylight Saving Time) function on or off. This function is only available when the Clock Mode is set to Auto. – Time Zone: Select your time zone. This function is only available when the Clock Mode is set to Auto.
Setting the On / Off Timer → → → MENUm System Time ENTERE ● On Timer so that your TV turns on On Timer 1 automatically at a time and on a day of your Setup Once choosing. On Time Volume ●...
Time: Set the hour, minute, am/pm. Use the number buttons or the up and down arrow keys to enter numbers. Use the left and right arrow buttons to change entry fields. Volume: Set the desired volume level. Use the left and right arrow buttons to change the volume level.
NOTE ● If there is no music file on the USB device or you don’t select a folder containing a music file, the Timer function does not operate correctly. ● If there is only one photo file in the USB, the Slide Show will not play. ●...
● Timer: You can set up three separate Off Off Timer 1 Timer configurations. (Off Timer Off Timer Setup Off Timer Once You must set the clock before you can Off Time Timer. Setup: Select Off, Once, Everyday, or Manual. If Mon~Fri, Mon~Sat, Sat~Sun L Move...
❑ Blocking Programs → → → MENUm System Security ENTERE Security ■ When you access the Security functions for the first time, the PIN input screen appears. Enter a 4 digit PIN you will remember. The PIN screen closes and the Securty Menu appears.
Rating: You can block TV programs based on their ratings. This function allows you to control what your children can watch. TV Rating displays a grid with locks. The following categories are on the left side: – TV-Y: Young children / TV-Y7: Children 7 and over / TV-G: General audience / TV-PG: Parental guidance / TV-14: Viewers 14 and over / MA: Mature audience The following categories are on top:...
Similarly, if you click under ALL, then all the categories in the young TV-G adult group will be blocked (TV-G, TV-PG, TV-14 and TV-MA). The sub- ratings (D, L, S, V) work similarly. So, if you block the L sub-rating in TV-PG, then the sub-ratings in TV-14...
(MPAA): You can block movies based on their MPAA rating. Movie Rating The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) has implemented a rating system that provides parents or guardians with advanced information on which films are appropriate for children. Movie Rating displays a column with locks and the following ratings categories: –...
To block certain content, you select a lock, and press (That ENTERE is, you “click it”.). For example, click the lock and you block all X-rated movies. The rating categories are also grouped so that clicking one category blocks all the categories a parent would block along with it. For example, if you block the category, then R, will...
Rating: You can block TV programs based on their Canadian English Anglophone Canadian rating. Canadian English Rating displays a column with locks and the following ratings categories: – C: Programming intended for children under age 8. / C8+: Programming generally considered acceptable for children 8 years and over to watch on their own.
To block certain content, you select a lock, and press (That ENTERE is, you “click it”.). For example, click the 18+ lock and you block all TV programs rated 18+. The rating categories are also grouped so that clicking one category blocks all the categories a parent would block along with it.
Rating: You can block TV programs based on their French Canadian French Canadian rating. Canadian French Rating displays a column with locks and the following ratings categories: – G: General / ans+: Programming generally considered acceptable for children 8 years and over to watch on their own. / ans+: Programming may not be suitable for children under the age of 13.
To block certain content, you select a lock, and press (That ENTERE is, you “click it”.). For example, click the 18 ans+ lock and you block all TV programs rated 18 ans+. The rating categories are also grouped so that clicking one category blocks all the categories a parent would block along with it.
NOTE ● If information is not downloaded from the broadcasting station, Downloadable U.S. Rating menu is deactivated. ● Parental restriction information is automatically downloaded while you watch DTV channels. It may take several seconds. ● Downloadable U.S. Rating menu is available for use after information is downloaded from the broadcasting station.
● Even if you set the on-screen display to another language, the Downloadable U.S. Rating menu will appear in English only. ● Blocking one rating level will automatically block other categories that deal with more sensitive material. ● The rating titles (For example: Humor Level..etc) and TV ratings (For example: DH, MH, H..etc) may differ depending on the broadcasting station.
● PIN: The screen will appear. Choose any 4 digits for your Change Change PIN PIN and enter it in PIN. Re-enter the same 4 digits. in Enter New Confirm New PIN. When the Confirm screen disappears, press the OK button. The TV has memorized your new PIN.
❑ Economical Solutions Eco Solution ■ → → → MENUm System Eco Solution ENTERE ● Energy Saving (Off Medium High Picture Off): Lets you adjusts the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. If you select Picture Off, the screen is turned off, but the sound remains on.
Light: When is On, you can manually adjust the minimum Min Cell Eco sensor screen brightness. Eco Sensor is On, the display brightness may change (become slightly darker or brighter) depending on the surrounding light intensity. You can control the screen’s minimum brightness with the Min Backlight function. ●...
❑ Picture In Picture (PIP) → → → MENUm System ENTERE ■ You can watch a program whose signal has passed through the TV’s tuner and the video from one external video source simultaneously. For example, if you have a cable box connected to the Cable In jack, you can use to watch programs from the cable box and a movie from a Blu-ray player attached to the HDMI In jack.
NOTE ● For PIP sound, refer to the Sound Select instructions. ● function is not available in mode. ● If you turn the TV off while watching in the PIP mode, the PIP function is reset to off. When you turn your TV on, you must turn PIP on again to watch in the PIP mode.
● PIP (Off / On): Activate or deactivate the PIP function. ● Air/Cable (Air / Cable): Select either Cable as the input source for the sub-screen. ● Channel: Select the channel for the sub-screen. ● (ã / õ): Select a size for the subpicture. Size ●...
❑ Other Features → → MENUm System ENTERE Menu Language ■ Set the menu language. 1. Select Menu Language, and then press the ENTERE button. 2. Choose a language, and then press the ENTERE button. Choose from English, Español, and Français. ◀...
Caption ■ (On-Screen Text Messages) ● Caption (Off / On): You can switch the caption function on or off. If captions are not available, they will not be displayed on the screen. The Caption feature does not work with devices connected to the TV through the Component, HDMI or PC input jacks.
/ Text1~Text4: (digital channels Default Service1~Service6 CC1~CC4 only) The Digital Captions function works with digital channels. Service1~6 may not be available in digital caption mode depending on the broadcast. ● Digital Caption Options: (digital channels only) Adjusts the each option. When done, select Close.
Color: You can change the background color of the caption. Background Options include Default, White, Black, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta and Cyan. The default is Black. Foreground Opacity: This adjusts the opacity of text. Options include Default, Transparent, Translucent, Solid and Flashing. Opacity: This adjusts the opacity of the caption background.
NOTE ● Digital Caption Options are available only when you can select Default Service1 Service6 Caption Mode. ● The availability of captions depends on the program being broadcast. ● setting follows the standards set by the broadcaster. Default ● You cannot set the Foreground and Background to the same color. ●...
Screen Burn Protection ■ To reduce the possibility of screen burn, this unit is equipped with Pixel Shift screen burn prevention technology. Pixel Shift moves the picture slightly on the screen. The Time function setting allows you to program the time between movement of the picture in minutes.
● Pixel Shift (Off / On): Using this function, you can set the TV to move pixels minutely on the PDP screen in a horizontal or vertical direction to minimize after images on the screen. Available Pixel Shift Settings and Optimum Settings Optimum Settings for TV/AV/ Available Settings Component/HDMI/PC...
● Auto Protection Time (Off hour): If the screen 10 min. 20 min. 40 min. displays a still image for a certain period of time you define, the TV activates the screen saver to prevent the formation of burnt in ghost images on the screen. ●...
General ■ ● Game Mode (Off / On): When you have connected a game console such as a PlayStation™ or Xbox™ to the TV, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience if you set Game Mode on. Precautions and limitations for Game Mode –...
is not available when the input source is set to TV or PC. Game Mode Game Mode only after connecting a game console. If you turn Game Mode on before you have attached the game console, you may notice reduced picture quality. Game Mode is On: –...
Menu Transparency (Bright / Dark): Set the Transparency of the menu. ● Boot Logo (Off / On): Displays the Samsung logo when the TV is turned on. ● TV Name : Sets the TV name so you can find it easily for PDP 550 Series and above on a mobile device.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) ■ For details on set up options, refer to the “Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)” instructions. ◀ ▶ English...
DivX® Video On Demand ■ Shows the registration code authorized for the TV. If you connect to the DivX web site and register using that code, you can download the VOD registration file. If you activate the VOD registration using My Contents, the registration is completed. For more information about DivX®...
/ Off) ■ for PDP 550 Series and above Turn on/off or give permission to Samsung mobile phone devices to connect with and control the TV. You must have a Samsung Mobile phone/device which supports Network Remote Control. For more details, refer to each device’s manual.
❑ Support Menu → → MENUm Support ENTERE e-Manual ■ The e-Manual is built into your TV. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use your TV’s many features. For the detailed information about the e-Manual Screen, refer to “How to view the e-Manual”...
Yes: Select Yes if the test picture does not appear or there is noise or distortion in the test picture. There may be a problem with the TV. Contact Samsung’s Call Center for assistance.
◀ ▶ speaker during the sound test. There may be a problem with the TV. Contact Samsung’s Call Center for assistance. No: Select if you can hear sound from the speakers. There may be a problem with your external equipment. Please check your connections. If the problem persists, refer to the external device’s user manual.
● Information: (digital channels only) The reception quality of over-the-air Signal HD channels is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Signal Information displays HD channel signal strength so you can adjust your antenna to increase signal strength and receive HD channels. ●...
Software Upgrade ■ Software Upgrade menu lets you upgrade Software Upgrade your TV’s software to the latest version. Current Version 2011/01/18_000001 Current Version: This is the software version By USB already installed in the TV. Alternative Software ----/--/--_----- The current version is displayed in the following format: Year Month...
Upgrading to the Latest Version You can upgrade in three ways: ● By USB ● By Online ● By Standby Mode Upgrade The three methods are explained in the following pages. Be careful not to turn off the power until the upgrade is complete. The TV will ◀...
By USB To upgrade by USB, follow these steps: 1. Visit www.samsung.com. 2. Download the latest USB software upgrade exe archive to your computer. 3. Extracts the exe archive to your computer. ● The displayed image may differ depending on the model.
By Online for PDP 550 Series and above By Online function lets you download the upgrade software directly from the Internet into your TV and then upgrade the software in one operation. To Online, you must have configured your TV to connect to your network and the TV must be connected to the Internet.
3. When the download is complete, the Upgrade Query window appears with three choices: Upgrade Now, Upgrade Later, or Don’t Upgrade. 4. If you select Upgrade Now, the TV upgrades the software, turns off, and then turns on automatically. 5. If you do not make a selection in one minute or select Upgrade Later, the TV stores the new upgrade software.
Alternative Software for PDP 550 Series and above Alternative Software option lets you upgrade using a file the TV downloaded earlier, but you decided not to install immediately, or a file downloaded by the TV in Standby Mode (See Standby Mode Upgrade on the next page).
Standby Mode Upgrade for PDP 550 Series and above You can set the function so that the TV downloads Standby Mode Upgrade new upgrade software when it is in Standby mode. In Standby mode, the TV is off, but its Internet connection is active. This allows the TV to download upgrade software automatically, when you are not using it.
2. Select or Off. ● : If you select Off, the TV will notify you with a pop up message when new upgrade software is available. ● : If you select On, the TV will automatically download new upgrade software when it is in Standby mode with the power off. If it downloads new upgrade software, the TV will ask you if you want to install it when you turn the TV on.
Contact Samsung ■ View this information when your TV does not work properly or when you want to upgrade the software. You can find information regarding our call centers and how to download products and software. ◀ ▶ English...
■ Using the 3D function This exciting new feature enables you to view 3D content. To fully enjoy this feature, you must purchase a pair of Samsung 3D Active Glasses (SSG-3100GB, SSG-3300GR, SSG-3300CR, SSG-3700CR) to view 3D video. Samsung 3D Active Glasses are sold separately.
IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION FOR 3D PICTURES. Read and understand the following safety information before using the TV’s 3D function. WARNING ● Some viewers may experience discomfort while viewing 3D TV such as dizziness, nausea and headaches. If you experience any such symptom, stop viewing 3D TV, remove the 3D Active Glasses and rest.
● A responsible adult should frequently check on children who are using the 3D function. If there are any reports of tired eyes, headaches, dizziness, or nausea, have the child stop viewing 3D TV and rest. ● Do not use the 3D Active Glasses for other purposes (such as general eyeglasses, sunglasses, protective goggles, etc.) ●...
● Mode: Select the 3D input format. If you want to experience the 3D effect fully, put the 3D Active Glasses on first, and then select the from the list below that provides the best 3D Mode 3D viewing experience. 3D Mode Operation Turns the 3D function off.
● +5): Adjust the overall 3D perspective of on-screen 3D Perspective (-5 ~ image. ● (1~10): Adjust overall depth. Depth ● L/R Change (L/R Image Image): Swaps the left and right pictures. ● → 2D (Off / On): Displays the image for the left eye only. This function is deactivated when set to “2D →...
Support resolution (16:9 only) Resolution Frequency (Hz) 1280 x 720p 50 / 60 Hz 1920 x 1080i 50 / 60 Hz. 1920 x 1080p 24 / 30 / 50 / 60 Hz Resolution supported for HDMI PC mode ◀ ▶ The optimal resolution for the HDMI PC mode is 1920 x 1080.
How to watch the 3D images Some 3D modes may not be available depending on the format of the image source. To watch in 3D, you must wear 3D Active Glasses and turn the glasses on by pressing the power button. 1.
3. Use the button to select Mode, and 3D Mode then press the button. ENTERE 4. Using the buttons on your remote control, select the 3D Mode of the image you want to view. U Off L Move E Enter R Return ●...
Supported formats and operating specifications for Standard HDMI 3D The 3D formats listed below are recommended by the HDMI association and must be supported by 3D TVs. Source signal format Standard HDMI 1.4 3D 1920x1080p@24Hz x 2 1920x2205p@24Hz 1280x720p@60Hz x 2 1280x1470p@60Hz ◀...
Read These Notes Before Using the 3D Function... NOTE ● 3D Mode is set to automatically when you access My Contents e-Manual functions. ● is set to its memorized configuration value automatically when 3D Mode you change the input source. ●...
● 3D Active Glasses from Samsung’s previous product (IR type) or other manufacturers are not supported. ● When the TV is initially powered on, it may take some time until the 3D display is optimized. ● The 3D Active Glasses may not work properly if there are any other 3D product or electronic devices turned on near the glasses or TV.
● Be sure to stay within the optimum viewing angle and TV viewing distance when watching 3D pictures. Otherwise, you may not be able to see 3D effects properly. ● The ideal 3D viewing distance is three times or more the height of the screen.
(such as your PC) by controlling them on the TV via the network. For more information, visit “www.samsung.com” or contact the Samsung call center. Mobile devices may need additional software installation. For details, ◀...
If your Samsung TV connects to a non-Samsung DLNA server, a compatibility issue may occur during video playback. By connecting your Samsung TV to a network via AllShare™, you can use Samsung’s original functions as follows: – Playback of various video formats (DivX,XVID, MP4, 3GPP, AVI, ASF, MKV, etc.)
❑ Setting Up AllShare™ for PDP 550 Series and above → → → MENUm Network AllShare Settings ENTERE AllShare Settings ■ ● Media (On / Off): Enables or disables the AllShare Settings media function. When the media function Media ► is on, you can control Media contents play using mobile phones or other devices that support DLNA DMC.
Media ■ Shows a list of mobile phones or connected devices which have been set up to use the Media function with this TV. The Media function is available in all devices which support DLNA DMC. ● Allowed / Denied: Allows/Blocks the devices. ●...
Using the Media Function An alarm window appears informing you that media contents (videos, photos, music) sent from a mobile phone will be displayed on your TV. The contents are played automatically 3 seconds after the alarm window appears. If you press the RETURN or EXIT button when the alarm window appears, the media contents are not played.
● To turn off media contents transmissions from a mobile phone, set Media in the AllShare Settings. ● Contents may not play on your TV depending on their resolution and format. ● buttons may not work depending on the type of ENTERE media content.
■ What is Anynet+? Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with your Samsung TV’s remote. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that have the Anynet+ feature. To be sure your Samsung device has this feature, check if there is an Anynet+ logo on it.
● For instructions explaining how to connect Anynet+ external devices, refer to the device’s user manual. ● You must connect an Anynet+ device using an HDMI cable. Some HDMI cables may not support Anynet+ functions. ● Anynet+ works when the AV device supporting Anynet+ is in the standby or on status.
– To hear sound from the Home Theater’s Front, Left and Right speakers and the subwoofe only, connect a Digital Optical cable between the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) jack on your TV and the Digital Audio Input on the Home Theater. –...
Anynet+ Menu The Anynet+ menu changes depending on the type and status of the Anynet+ devices connected to the TV. Anynet+ Menu Description View TV Changes Anynet+ mode to TV broadcast mode. Device List Shows the Anynet+ device list. (device_name) MENU Shows the connected device menus.
❑ Setting Up Anynet+ → → → MENUm System Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) ENTERE Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) (Off / On) ■ To use the Anynet+ Function, you must set Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to On. When the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) function is disabled, all the Anynet+ related operations are deactivated.
❑ Switching between Anynet+ Devices 1. Press the TOOLS button, select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC), and then press ENTER. 2. Select Device List, and then press the ENTERE button. If you cannot find a device you want, press the button to refresh the list. 3.
❑ Listening through a Receiver You can listen to sound through a receiver (i.e Home Theater) instead of the Speaker. 1. Select Receiver and set to On. 2. Press the EXIT button to exit. If your receiver supports audio only, it may not appear in the device list. The receiver will work when you have properly connected the optical in jack ◀...
❑ Troubleshooting for Anynet+ Problem Possible Solution • Check if the device is an Anynet+ device. The Anynet+ system Anynet+ does not work. supports Anynet+ devices only. • You can connect only one receiver (home theater). • Check if the Anynet+ device power cord is properly connected. •...
• Check if the Anynet+ device is properly connected to the TV and I want to start Anynet+. check if the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is set to in the Anynet+ Setup menu. • Press the TOOLS button to display the Anynet+ menu and select a menu you want.
• Check whether or not the device supports Anynet+ functions. The connected device is not displayed. • Check whether or not the HDMI cable is properly connected. • Check whether Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is set to in the Anynet+ setup menu. •...
❑ Using the My Contents Enjoy photos, music and/or movie files saved on My Contents a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device and/or Videos Photos your PC. Music 1. Press the CONTENT button. Source Watch TV 2. Press the button to select the Videos, Photos, or Music, and then press ●...
❑ Connecting a USB Device 1. Turn on your TV. 2. Connect a USB device containing photo, music and/or movie files to the USB jack on the side of the TV. 3. When a USB device is connected to the TV, Connected Device window appears.
The USB function might not work properly with unlicensed multimedia files. Read this information before using My Contents with a USB device: ● MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is not supported. ● The file system supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS. ● Certain types of USB Digital camera and audio devices may not be compatible with this TV.
Connect USB HDDs to the dedicated port, USB 1 (HDD), only. ● Before connecting your device to the TV, please back up your files to prevent them from damage or loss of data. SAMSUNG is not responsible for any data file damage or data loss. ●...
● If a file is corrupted or the TV does not support the file type, the “Not Supported File Format” message appears. ● If the files are sorted by Folder View, the TV can display the names of up to 1000 files in each folder.
● If more than 2 PTP devices are connected, you can only use one at a time. ● If more than two MSC devices are connected, some of them may not be recognized. A USB device that requires high power (more than 500mA or 5V) may not be supported.
● If you use a USB extension cable, the TV may not recognize the USB device or may not be able to read the files on the device. ● If a USB device you connect to the TV is not recognized, the files on the device are corrupted, or a file in the list is not played, connect the USB device to a PC, format the device and check the connection.
❑ Connecting to a PC through your network for PDP 550 Series and above You can play pictures, music, and videos saved in your PC through a network connection using the AllShare mode. For more information on how to configure your TV and connect it to your network, see ‘Network Connection’.
The following My Contents functions are not supported when you are playing media from a PC connected through a network: ● functions. Background Music Background Music Setting ● Sorting files by preference in the Photos, Music, and folders. Videos ● (REW) or (FF) button while a movie is playing.
❑ My Contents Selection Screen To play a file, move to the file using the buttons, and then press the ENTERE (Play) button. The TV plays the file. The My Contents screen ∂ may differ depending on the way you enter the screen. Music 1/100 pages Information: Displays the...
Videos ■ Playing a Video 1. Press the button to select the desired video in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button or (Play) ∂ button. – The file name appears on the top with its L Jump T Tools R Return ◀...
– During video playback, you can search using the buttons. – You can use the (REW), (FF), Pause, Stop, and Play buttons on the � µ bottom of your remote during playback. – Press the RETURN button to exit the movie ●...
Other Restrictions NOTE ● Video content will not play, or not play correctly, if there is an error in the content or the container. ● Sound or video may not work if the contents have a standard bitrate/frame rate above the compatible Frame/sec listed in the table above. ●...
Video Decoder Audio Decoder • • Supports up to H.264, Level 4.1 Supports up to WMA 7, 8, 9, STD • • H.264 FMO / ASO / RS, VC1 SP / MP / AP L4 WMA 9 PRO does not support 2 channel excess and AVCHD are not supported.
Playing movie continuously (Resume Play) If you exit a movie when it is playing, you can play the movie later from the point where you stopped it. 1. Select the movie file you stopped and want to resume by pressing the button to select it from the file list section.
Music ■ Playing Music 1. Press the button to select the Music desired music file in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button or (Play) ∂ button. – When the music is playing you can E Pause L Pages T Tools R Return ◀...
Playing selected music 1. Press the (Edit Mode) button. A check box appears on the left side of all the music files. 2. Using the arrow keys, highlight a file you want to play, and then press ENTERE. appears in the check box of the selected file. 3.
Photos ■ Viewing a Photo (or Slide Show) 1. Press the button to select Play the desired photo in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button. ● To view files manually, one at a time, press the left or right arrow buttons. E Pause L Previous/Next T Tools...
When you press the (Play) button in the file list, the slide show will start ∂ immediately. During a Slide show, press the TOOLS button to access additional functions such as Slide Show Speed, Background Music, Zoom, and Rotate. You can add background music to a slide show if you have music files on your USB device or PC by setting Background Music in the...
My Contents - Additional Functions ❑ Sorting the file list Press the button in the file list to sort the files. Category Operation Videos Music Photos Displays the whole folder. You can Folder View view the photo by selecting the folder.
Category Operation Videos Music Photos Sorts the music file by artist in Artist alphabetical order. Sorts the music file by album in Album alphabetical order. Genre Sorts music files by the genre. Sorts and shows photo files by Monthly month. ◀...
Videos/Music/Photos Play Option menu When playing a file, press the TOOLS button. The Option Menu appears. Checks in the table below indicate which media the options apply to. Option Name Operation Videos Music Photos You immediately load a video file Title Search you select.
Option Name Operation Videos Music Photos You can adjust the picture size to Picture Size your preference. Picture Mode You can select the Picture Mode. Sound Mode You can select the Sound Mode. ◀ ▶ English...
Option Name Operation Videos Music Photos You can view a subtitle. You can select a specific language if the Subtitle Language subtitle file contains multiple languages. You can play a video with Subtitles. This function only works Subtitle Setting if the subtitles file has the same file name as the video.
Option Name Operation Videos Music Photos You can enjoy a video in one of the supported languages. The function Audio is only enabled when you play stream-type files which support multiple audio formats. Start Slide Show / You can start or pause a Slide Show.
Option Name Operation Videos Music Photos You can zoom into images in full screen mode. Use the ENTER Zoom button to increase or decrease the zoom. Use the arrow buttons to select the area to enlarge. You can rotate images in full screen mode.
Other Information ❑ TroubleShooting If the TV seems to have a problem, first review this list of problems and solutions. If none of these troubleshooting tips apply, visit samsung.com, then click on Support, or call Samsung customer service at 1-800-SAMSUNG. Issues...
Issues Solutions and Explanations • The compression of video contents may cause picture distortion The picture is distorted: macro block error, small block, dots, especially in fast moving pictures such as sports and action movies. pixelization • A weak signal can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV issue. •...
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Make sure the glasses are turned on. The 3D Active Glasses are not working correctly. • The 3D Active Glasses may not work properly if there is any other 3D product or electronic device turned on near the glasses or TV. •...
Issues Solutions and Explanations • If connected to a cable box, try to reset the box. (Disconnect and then When changing channels, the picture freezes or is distorted or reconnect the AC cord and wait until the cable box reboots. It may take delayed.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Set the option to in the menu. Speaker Select TV Speaker Sound The picture is good but there is no sound. • If you are using an external device, make sure the audio cables are connected to the correct audio input jacks on the TV.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Check the cable connections. Make sure a video cable is not connected The speakers are making an inappropriate noise. to an audio input. • For antenna or Cable connections, check the signal strength. Low signal level may cause sound distortion.
Issues Solutions and Explanations RF (Cable/Antenna) Connection • Make sure the coaxial cable is connected securely. The TV is not receiving all channels. • Please try Auto Program to add available channels to the channel list. Go to MENU - Channel Auto Program then select Auto and make sure...
PC. Network Connection for PDP 550 Series and above ◀ ▶ • The Samsung Wireless USB dongle is required to use a wireless network. The wireless network • Make sure the Network Connection is set to Wireless(General). connection failed.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • Run Network Test in the Network menu to confirm the connection. Software Upgrade over the • If you have the latest Software (SW) version already installed, SW network fails. upgrade will not proceed. Others • Remove the left and right audio connections from the set-top-box.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • HD channels will have black bars on either side of the screen when The picture won’t display in full screen. displaying up scaled SD (4:3) contents. • Black bars on the Top & Bottom will be shown on movies that have aspect ratios different from your TV.
Issues Solutions and Explanations • You cannot select the Caption menu if you have selected a source on TV menu is greyed Caption out. connected to the TV via HDMI or Component. • The external device’s Capton function must also be activated. •...
Issues Solutions and Explanations • If the TV is in the Store Demo mode, it will reset audio and picture Your settings are lost after 30 minutes or every time the TV is settings every 30 minutes. Change the settings from Store Demo mode turned off.
Refer to the manual provided with the Kensington Lock for additional information on proper use. The Kensington Lock is not supplied by Samsung. Please find a “K” icon on the rear of the TV. The Kensington slot is beside the “K”...
To lock the product, follow these steps: 1. Wrap the Kensington Lock cable around a large, stationary object such as desk or chair. 2. Slide the end of the cable with the lock attached through the looped end of the Kensington Lock cable.
❑ License TheaterSound, SRS and the symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. TheaterSound technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Manufactured under license under U.S. Patent #’s: 5,451,942; 5,956,674; 5,974,380; ◀...
DivX Certified® to play DivX® video up to HD 1080p, including premium content. DivX®, DivX Certified® and associated logos are trademarks of DivX, Inc. and are used under license. ABOUT DIVX VIDEO: DivX® is a digital video format created by DivX, Inc. This is an official DivX Certified® device that plays DivX video.