• Please pay attention to handling Electrostatic Sensitive Devices, you may use anti-static
products such as wrist straps, heel straps, mats to protect your body from electrostatic.
• Make sure you have a personal computer with one or two open USB ports before connecting the
drive to your computer.
• Power for all other devices should be turn off before attaching the cables.
Connecting to computer or A/V Device.
Connect the drive to the computer as shown in figure.
1 Connect the USB 2.0 (Y type) cable to the drive.
2 Connect the other end of the USB 2.0 cable to your computer.
3 The drive may get its power from the PC USB power. All systems may not meet USB
power requirements and full performance may not be achieved. In this case, connect to
the USB power cable.
When the computer is ready, confirm that the drive is detected. And then, insert the supplied
software CD into the drive and install the software.
Please do not connect the USB cables by any means other than specified above.
Using the wrong type of cable with this drive can cause it to malfunction.
The appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision.
Young Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with appliance.
If the appliance is supplied from a cord extension set or an electrical portable outlet device, the cord
extension set on electrical portable outlet device must be positioned so that it is not subject to
splashing or ingress of moisture.
The drive supports both Windows and Mac
How to Eject Disc from the drive
When using with Mac
- Click the eject button located on Mac OS menu or toolbar.
When using with Windows
- Press the eject button in the front of the product.
Software CD (for Windows only)
- The Software CD includes DVD software for usage for Windows.
An application included in the Mac OS must be used to play data records or DVD video discs
through Mac OS.
- When recording data: Finder Burn, iTunes must be used.
- When playing a DVD movie disc: A DVD Player must be used.
The Mac OS & Windows OS do not include an application that can play Blu-ray movie titles.
Separate playback software for Mac OS must be used to play Blu-ray movie titles through Mac OS.
DVD/Blu-ray movie titles cannot be recorded because of the copyright protection.
. To use it properly, please follow directions below.
USB Power cable