Recessed area and
This dryer may be installed in a
recessed area or closet. For recessed
area and closet installations,
minimum clearances can be found
on the serial tag on the dryer.
The installation spacing is in inches
and is minimum allowable. Additional
spacing should be considered for
ease of installation, servicing and
compliance with local codes and
If closet door is installed, the minimum
unobstructed air openings in top and
bottom is required. Louvered doors
with equivalent air openings are
Companion appliance spacing
should be considered.
The dryer must be exhausted
No other fuel-burning appliance may
be installed in the same closet.
Minimum Installation Clearances
0" (0 cm)*
0" (0 cm)*
3" (7.6 cm)
3" (7.6 cm)
* Additional clearances for wall, door and floor
moldings may be required or if external
exhaust elbow is used.
** Opening is minimum for closet door. Louvered
door with equivalent air opening is
Part No. 8316557
© 2000 Whirlpool Corporation
• Clean lint screen after each cycle.
• Keep dryer area clear and free from
1" (2.5 cm)
combustible materials, gasoline and
other flammable vapors and liquids.
• Do not obstruct the flow of
combustion and ventilation air.
Moving the dryer
to a new location...
Slide dryer onto cardboard or
hardboard before moving across floor
to avoid damaging floor covering.
Gas dryer models:
• Disconnect electrical cord. Tape
securely to dryer.
• Shut off the gas supply valves in the
gas supply line.
• Disconnect gas pipe and fittings
from dryer and cap gas supply line.
Tape end of dryer gas pipe.
Prepared by Whirlpool Corporation, Benton Harbor, Michigan 49022
29" (73.7 cm)
1-1/4" (3.2 cm)
25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
Electric dryer models:
• Shut of electrical supply to dryer.
• Disconnect the power supply cord
or cable from the dryer terminal
• Make sure leveling legs are secure
in dryer base.
• Tape drum to front panel.
• Tape dryer door, lint screen and
end of gas pipe.
Before the appliance is removed from
service or discarded, remove the
door to the dryer compartment.
If dryer does not
Check the following to be sure that:
1. Electric supply is connected.
2. Circuit breakers are not tripped or
house fuses blown.
3. Door is closed.
4. Controls are set in a running or
5. Start button has been pushed
6. For gas dryers, check that gas
supply shutoff valves are set in
If you need
The Whirlpool Consumer Interaction
Center will answer any questions
about operating or maintaining your
dryer not covered in the Installation
Instructions. The Whirlpool Consumer
Interaction Center is open 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week. Just dial
1-800 NO BELTS (1-800-662-3587) —
the call is free.
When you call, you will need the dryer
model number and serial number.
Both numbers can be found on the
serial-rating plate located on your
Printed in U.S.A.