❑ Using the INFO button (Now & Next guide) The display identifies the current channel and the status of certain audio-video settings. The Now & Next guide shows daily TV programme information for each channel according to the broadcasting time. When you press the (Information) button, you can see the details of the programme.
❑ Using Channel menu MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Contents Home Press the CONTENT button to select the desired menu. Each screen will be displayed. Channel List ■ You can view channel information, All, TV, Radio, Data/Other, Analogue Favourites 1-5.
● All: Shows all currently available channels. ● TV: Shows all currently available TV channels. ● Radio: Shows all currently radio channels. ● Data/Other: Shows all currently available MHP or other channels. ● Analogue: Shows all currently available analogue channels. ●...
Using the control buttons with the Channel List. ● T (Tools): Displays the option menu. ● (Ch. Mode / Channel): Move to the All, TV, Radio, Data/Other, Analogue Favourites 1-5. When you select the Programme View in T (Tools) menu, you can move to other channels using L (Channel) button.
How to use Schedule Viewing in Channel List (digital channels only) When you set the Schedule Viewing Channel List, you can only set the programme in Programme View. 1. Press the CH LIST button, then select a desired digital channel. 2.
Using Option Menu t Set each channel using the menu options (Programme View, Edit Channel List Favourites, Lock/Unlock, Edit Channel Name, Edit Channel Number, Delete, Information, Sort, Change Aerial, Edit Mode). Option menu items may differ depending on the channel status. 1.
● Programme View: Displays the programme when digital channel is selected. ● Edit Favourites: Set channels you watch frequently as favourites. Add or delete the selected channel in Favourites 1-5. Select the Edit Favourites, then press the ENTERE button. Press the ENTERE button to select Favourites 1-5, then press the button.
● Lock/Unlock: Lock a channel so that the channel cannot be selected and viewed. This function is available only when the Channel Lock is set to On. The PIN input screen appears. Enter your 4-digit PIN. Change the PIN using the Change PIN option.
● Edit Channel Number: Edit the number by pressing the number buttons desired. Some area may not be able to support Edit Channel Name Edit Channel Number function. ● Delete: You can delete a channel to display the channels you want. ●...
● Edit Mode: You can select desired channels and edit it. Using Option Menu t Set each channel using the menu options (Edit Favourites, Lock/Unlock, Delete, Information, Deselect, Select All). Press the TOOLS button in screen, then select the Channel List Edit Mode.
● Edit Favourites: Set the selected channels you watch frequently as favourites. Edit Favourites screen has five groups (Favourites 2, etc.). You can add a favourite channel to any one of Favourites the groups. Press the ▲/▼ buttons to select a group. ●...
Guide ■ The EPG (Electronic Programme Guide 18:15 Sat 1 May Guide) information is provided Die Musik-Show by broadcasters. Using DTV Air 825 NDR FERNSEHEN 19:15 - 20:40 programme schedules provided Dani is devastated when scot makes clear his views ... 825 NDR FERNSEHEN by broadcasters, you can Channel View - All...
(Sche. Mgr): Moves to the reserved programmes in Sche. Mgr. Green (-24 Hours): Viewing the list of programmes to be broadcasted before 24 hours. Yellow (+24 Hours): Viewing the list of programmes to be broadcasted after 24 hours. Blue (Ch. Mode): Select the type of channels you want to display on the Channel List window.
5 `(Information): Displays details of the selected programme. 6 k (Page): Move to previous or next page. (Watch / Schedule) ● When selecting the current programme, you can watch the selected programme. ● When selecting the future programme, you can reserve to watch the selected programme.
Schedule Manager ■ You can set a desired channel to be displayed automatically at the intended time. In addition, you can view, modify or delete a channel you have reserved to watch. Set the current time first to use this function. Using Option Menu t Set each channel using the menu options (Cancel schedule, Edit Schedule,...
● Repeat: Select Once, Manual, Sat~Sun, Mon~Fri Everyday to set at your convenience. If you select Manual, you can set the day you want. The (c) mark indicates the day you’ve selected. ● Date: You can set the desired date. It is available when you select Once in Repeat.
❑ Retuning Channels Aerial (Air / Cable) ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Channel Aerial Before your television can begin memorising the available channels, you must specify the type of signal source that is connected to the TV (i.e. an Cable system).
Country ■ (depending on the country) MENUm → → → ENTERE Channel Country The PIN input screen appears. Enter your 4 digit PIN number. ● Digital Channel: Change the country for digital channels. ● Analogue Channel: Change the country for analogue channels. ◀...
Auto Tuning ■ (depending on the country) MENUm → → → ENTERE Channel Auto Tuning Scans for a channel automatically and stores in the TV. Automatically allocated programme numbers may not correspond to actual or desired programme numbers. If a channel is locked, the PIN input window appears.
When Aerial Source is set to Air or Cable: When selecting → or Digital: Provide a value to Cable Digital & Analogue scan for cable channels. – Operator Selection (depending on the country): Selects a provider of cable services. – Search Mode (Full / Network / Quick): Scans for all channels with active broadcast stations and stores them in the TV.
– Frequency: Displays the frequency for the channel. (differs in each country) – Modulation: Displays available modulation values. – Symbol Rate: Displays available symbol rates. ● Cable Search Option (depending on the country & cable channels only) Sets additional search options such as the frequency and symbol rate for a cable network search.
Manual Tuning ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Channel Manual Tuning Scans for a channel manually and stores in the TV. If a channel is locked, the PIN input window appears. According to the channel source, Manual Tuning may be supported. When Aerial Source is set to Air or Cable: ●...
● Analogue Channel Tuning: Scans for an analogue channel. Press the button to search the channels by adjusting the Programme, Colour System, Sound System, Channel, Search. Channel mode – (programme mode): When tuning is complete, the broadcasting stations in your area have been assigned to the position numbers from P0 to P99. You can select a channel by entering the position number in this mode.
Transfer Channel List ■ (depending on the country) MENUm → → → ENTERE Channel Transfer Channel List Imports or exports the channel map. You should connect a USB storage to use this function. The PIN number input screen appears. Enter your 4 digit PIN number. The file system supports NTFS (Read Only), FAT16 and FAT32.
Fine Tune ■ (analogue channels only) MENUm → → → ENTERE Channel Fine Tune If the signal is weak or distorted, fine tune the channel manually. Fine tuned channels are marked with an asterisk “*”. To reset the fine-tuning, select Reset. ◀...
Edit Channel Number (Disable / Enable) ■ (depending on the country) MENUm → → → ENTERE Channel Edit Channel Number Use this to change channel number. When channel number is changed, channel information is not updated automatically. ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Changing the Preset Picture Mode MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Picture Mode Picture Mode ■ Select your preferred picture type. When connecting a PC, you can only make changes to the Entertain Standard. ● Dynamic: Suitable for a bright room. ◀...
❑ Adjusting Picture Settings Samsung MagicAngle ■ for LED 4 series 22" MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Samsung MagicAngle Adjust screen viewing Angle to optimize screen quality according to your viewing position. ● Samsung MagicAngle: When viewing the screen at an angle from below or above by setting the appropriate mode for each position, you can obtain a similar picture quality as viewing the screen directly from the front.
Backlight / Contrast / Brightness / Sharpness / Colour / Tint (G/R) ■ Your television has several setting options for picture quality control. NOTE ● In analogue TV, Ext., AV modes of the PAL system, the Tint (G/R) function is not available. LED 4 series do not support AV, Component mode ●...
Screen Adjustment ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Screen Adjustment Set the various picture options such as picture size and aspect ratio. ● Size: Your cable box/satellite receiver may have its own set of screen Picture sizes as well. However, we highly recommend you use 16:9 mode most of the time.
Zoom: Magnifies the 16:9 wide pictures vertically to fit the screen size. by using ▲, ▼ button. Adjusts the Zoom Position 4:3: Sets the picture to basic (4:3) mode. Do not watch in 4:3 format for a long time. Traces of borders displayed on the left, right and centre of the screen may cause image retention (screen burn) which are not covered by the warranty.
Smart View 1 : Reduces original screen by 50%. for LED 6 series Smart View 2 : Reduces original screen by 25%. for LED 6 series NOTE ● Smart View 1 is enabled only in HDMI mode. ● Smart View 2 is enabled only in DTV and HDMI modes.
● Zoom/Position: Adjust the picture size and position. It is only available in Zoom. NOTE ● After selecting Screen Fit in HDMI (1080i / 1080p) or Component (1080i / 1080p) mode, you may need to centre the picture LED 4 series do not support AV, Component mode Press the ▲...
● The available items may differ depending on the selected mode. ● When connecting a PC, only 16:9 modes can be adjusted. ● Settings can be adjusted and stored for each external device connected to an input on the TV. ●...
❑ Changing the Picture Options Advanced Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Advanced Settings (available in Standard / Movie mode) You can adjust the detailed setting for the screen including colour and contrast. When connecting a PC, you can only make changes to Gamma White Balance.
● Dynamic Contrast (Off / Low / Advanced Settings High): Adjust the screen Medium / Dynamic Contrast Medium contrast. ● Black Tone Black Tone (Off / Dark / Darker / Flesh Tone Darkest): Select the black level to adjust the screen depth. RGB Only Mode ●...
● White Balance: Adjust the colour temperature for a more natural picture. B-Offset: Adjust each colour’s (red, green, blue) R-Offset / G-Offset / darkness. R-Gain / G-Gain / B-Gain: Adjust each colour’s (red, green, blue) brightness. Reset: Resets the White Balance to its default settings.
Picture Options ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture Picture Options When connecting a PC, you can only make changes to the Colour Tone. ● Colour Tone (Cool / Standard / Warm1 / Warm2) Warm1 Warm2 will be deactivated when the picture mode is Dynamic.
● Digital Noise Filter (Off / Low / Medium / High / Auto / Auto Visualisation): If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Filter feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen.
● HDMI Black Level (Low / Normal): Selects the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth. Available only in HDMI mode (RGB signals). ● Film Mode (Off / Auto1 / Auto2): Sets the TV to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture for optimum quality.
● Motion Plus (Off / Clear / Standard / Smooth / Custom / Demo) : Removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to for LED 6 series provide a clearer picture. The Info screen on your TV displays the resolution and frequency of the incoming signal (60Hz), but not the frequency the TV is generating for the image it is displaying by using function.
Reduction: Adjusts the blur reduction level from video sources. Blur Judder Reduction: Adjusts the judder reduction level from video sources when playing films. Reset: Reset the custom settings. ● LED Motion Plus (Off / On) : Removes drag from fast scenes for LED 6 series with a lot of movement to provide a clear picture.
❑ Changing the Preset Sound Mode Sound Mode ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Sound Mode ● Standard: Selects the normal sound mode. ● Music: Emphasizes music over voices. ● Movie: Provides the best sound for movies. ● Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds. Clear ◀...
❑ Adjusting Sound Settings Sound Effect ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Sound Effect Use the up and down arrow keys to select an option, and then press ENTERE. ● SRS TruSurround HD (Off / On) (standard sound mode only) This function provides a virtual 5.1 channel surround sound experience ◀...
● SRS TruDialog (Off / On) (standard sound mode only) This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogue can be heard more clearly. ● Equaliser (standard sound mode only) Use Equaliser to customize sound setting for each speaker.
Broadcast Audio Options ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Broadcast Audio Options ● Audio Language (digital channels only) Change the default value for audio languages. The available language may differ depending on the broadcast. ● Audio Format (digital channels only) ◀...
● Audio Description (not available in all locations) (digital channels only) This function handles the Audio Stream for the AD (Audio Description) which is sent along with the Main audio from the broadcaster. Audio Description (Off / On): Turn the audio description function on or off. Volume: Adjust the audio description volume.
Additional Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Additional Settings ● DTV Audio Level (MPEG / HE-AAC) (digital channels only): This function allows you to reduce the disparity of a voice signal (which is one of the signals received during a digital TV broadcast) to a desired level. According to the type of broadcast signal, MPEG / HE-AAC can be...
● SPDIF Output : SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital InterFace) is used for LED 6 series to provide digital sound, reducing interference going to speakers and various digital devices such as a DVD player. Audio Format: You can select the Digital Audio output (SPDIF) format. The available Digital Audio output (SPDIF) format may differ depending on the input source.
● Dolby Digital Comp (Line / RF): This function minimizes signal disparity between a dolby digital signal and a voice signal (i.e. MPEG Audio, HE-AAC, ATV Sound). Select Line to obtain dynamic sound, and to reduce the difference between loud and soft sounds at night time. Line: Set the output level for signals greater or less than -31dB (reference) to either -20dB or -31dB.
Speaker Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Sound Speaker Settings ● Speaker Select (External Speaker / TV Speaker) for LED 6 series A sound echo may occur due to a difference in decoding speed between the main speaker and the audio receiver. In this case, set the TV to External Speaker.
● Auto Volume (Off / Normal / Night) To equalize the volume level on each channel, set to Normal. Night: This mode provides an improved sound experience compared to Normal mode, making almost no noise. It is useful at night. To use the volume control on the source device connected to the TV, on the TV.
❑ Selecting the Sound Mode t When you set to I-II, the current sound mode is displayed on the screen. Dual Audio Type Dual I-II Default A2 Stereo Mono Mono Automatic change ↔ Stereo Stereo Mono ↔ Dual Dual I Dual II Dual I NICAM Stereo...
● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an external modem using a LAN cable. See the diagram below. * It may differ depending on the model. TV Rear Panel External Modem The Modem Port on the Wall...
● You can attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to a IP Sharer which is connected to an external modem. Use LAN cable for the connection. See the diagram below. * It may differ depending on the model.
● Depending on how your network is configured, you may be able to attach your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV directly to a network wall outlet using a LAN cable. See the diagram below. Note that the wall outlet is attached to a modem or router elsewhere in your house.
Modems and routers that support DHCP automatically provide the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values your TV needs to access the Internet so you do not have to enter them manually. Most home networks use a Dynamic IP address. Some networks require a Static IP address. If your network requires a Static IP address, you must enter the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values manually on your TV’s Cable Setup Screen when you set up the network connection.
■ Wireless Network Connection To connect your TV to your network wireless, you need a wireless router or modem and a Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter (WIS12ABGNX, WIS09ABGNX), which you connect to your TV’s back or side panel USB port. See the illustration below.
Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter is sold separately and is offered by select retailers and Ecommerce sites. Samsung’s Wireless LAN adapter supports the IEEE 802.11a/b/g and n communication protocols. Samsung recommends using IEEE 802.11n. When you play video over a network connection, the video may not be played smoothly.
● To use a wireless network, your TV must be connected to a wireless IP sharer (either a router or a modem). If the wireless IP sharer supports DHCP, your TV can use a DHCP or static IP address to connect to the wireless network.
● If HIGH PURE THROUGHPUT (Greenfield) 802.11n mode is selected and the Encryption type is set to WEP or TKIP for your wireless router, Samsung TVs will not support a connection in compliance with new Wi-Fi certification specifications. ● If your wireless router supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you can connect to the network via PBC (Push Button Configuration) or PIN (Personal Identification Number).
Auto Setup (Using the Auto Network Search function) – Manual Setup – WPS(PBC) ● The Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter may not be recognized when using a connection via a USB hub or via a USB extension cable other than the cable supplied. ◀ ▶ English...
Notice The picture may appear corrupted or have static for some channels when the TV is connected to the Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. In such a case, establish a connection using one of the following methods or connect the Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter using a USB cable in a place that is not affected by radio interference.
◀ ▶ the back of the TV near the top, using double- sided adhesive tape. The Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter should be installed in an interference-free area in order to avoid interference between the adapter and tuner. English...
Network Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Network Network Settings You can set the wired or wireless network connection. For detailed settings for wired network, refer to the "Setting the Wired Network", and for detailed settings for wireless network, refer to the "Setting the Wireless Network"...
❑ Setting the Wired Network for LED 6 series ■ Wired Network Setup (Auto) When connecting the LAN Cable, the screen pop-up appears directly to set wired network. Use the Automatic Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that supports DHCP.
Start Cancel done. If you want to connect to your wireless network, plug in a Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. ◀ ▶ If it fails to set automatically, check the connection of LAN port. If you cannot find network connection values or if you want to set connection manually, set it to Manual.
■ Wired Network Setup (Manual) Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address. Getting the Network Connection Values To get the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: 1. Follow Steps 1 through 2 in the “How to IP Settings set up automatically” procedure. IP setting Enter manually 2. Select the on network IP Settings IP Address...
The check list for wired network connection failure When wired network connection failed, try to apply the following information to each issue. Issues Solutions and Explanations No network cable found. • Check that your network cable is plugged in. • If it is connected, make sure that the router is turned on; if it is on, try turning it off and on again.
Issues Solutions and Explanations Unable to connect to the • Check if your IP address is set correctly in Settings. network. • Contact your Internet Service Provider for more information. Connected to your local • Check your Internet LAN cable is connected correctly to LAN port of network, but cannot router.
Security Key for your wireless network, you will have to enter the Pass Phrase during the setup process. When connecting Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter, the screen pop-up appears directly to set wireless network.
How to set up automatically 1. Go to Network Settings screen. Network Settings 2. Select Start. Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter connected. Press Start to configure your wireless network settings. 3. The Network function searches for available wireless networks. Start Cancel When done, it displays a list of the available networks.
5. If the Security screen pop-up appears, go to step 6. If you select the wireless router which does not have wireless security, go to step 7. 6. To set wireless security for the router, enter the Security key(Security or PIN). When you enter the Security key (Security or PIN), use ▲/▼/◄...
■ Wireless Network Setup (Manual) Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that requires a Static IP address. Getting the Network Connection Values To get the Network connection values on most Windows computers, follow these steps: 1.
How to set up manually To set up your TV’s cable network connection manually, follow these steps: 1. Follow Steps 1 through 7 in the “How to set up automatically” procedure. 2. Select the IP Settings on network connection screen. 3.
■ Wireless Network Setup (WPS(PBC)) If your router has a WPS(PBC) button, follow these steps: 1. Go to screen. Network Settings 2. Select Start. 3. The Network function searches for available wireless networks. When done, it displays a list of the available networks. 4.
• Samsung Wireless LAN adapter is required to use a wireless network. • Make sure the TV is connected to a wireless IP sharer (Router). IP auto setting failed. • Try the following to set your IP address automatically or set your IP ◀...
Issues Solutions and Explanations Unable to connect to • Check that the router is turned on, and if it is on, try turning it off and wireless router. on again. • Check if you need to enter a security key to use the router. Unable to connect to the • Check if your IP address is set correctly in Settings.
The internet connection may fail because of a firewall problem. If this is the case, contact your Internet service provider. If you cannot connect to the Internet even after you have followed the procedures of your Internet service provider, please contact Samsung Electronics. English...
❑ Managing the Network Connected Devices for LED 6 series AllShare Settings ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Network AllShare Settings Set whether to allow a network connected device like a smartphone or tablet to share content or control TV using an application downloaded on your mobile device.
A keyboard appears on the screen and you can key in a name for your TV manually using your remote control. For example, if you want to change the name to Samsung TV, press each character using the ▲/▼/◄/► buttons, and then select Done.
❑ Executing initial setup Setup ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Setup Configure the channels and the time when setting up the TV for the first time or when resetting the unit. For the detailed information about setting Setup, refer to “Initial Setup” in User Manual.
❑ Setting the Time Time ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Time The current time will appear every time you press the INFO button. ● Clock: Setting the clock is for using various timer features of the TV. If you disconnect the power cord, you have to set the clock again. Clock Mode: Set up the current time manually or automatically.
– Manual: Set the current time manually. Depending on the broadcast station and signal, the auto time set up may not be correct. In this case, set the time manually. Clock Set: Set the Date and Time. Available only when Clock Mode is set to Manual.
❑ Using the Sleep Timer MENUm → → → → ENTERE System Time Sleep Timer ● Sleep Timer t: Automatically shuts off the TV after a preset period of time. (30, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180 minutes). To cancel Sleep Timer, select Off.
❑ Setting the On / Off Timer MENUm → → → → ENTERE System Time On Timer <or> Off Timer ● On Timer 1 / On Timer 2 / On Timer 3: Three different on timer settings can be made. You must set the clock first. –...
– Source: To select the source of the content that will play when the TV turns on. You can: ● Select and have the TV display a specific air or cable channel. ● Select and have the TV play back photo or audio files from a USB device.
– Music / Photo (when the Source is set to USB): Select a folder in the USB device containing music or photo files to be played when the TV is turned on automatically. NOTE ● If there is no music file on the USB device or the folder containing a music file is not selected, the timer function does not operate correctly.
● Each USB you use is assigned its own folder. When using more than one of the same type of USB, make sure the folders assigned to each USB have different names. ● It is recommended that you use a USB memory stick and a multi card reader when using Timer.
● Off Timer 1 / Off Timer 2 / Off Timer 3: Three different off timer settings can be made. You must set the clock first. Setup: Select Off, Once, Everyday, Mon~Fri, Mon~Sat, Sat~Sun Manual to set at your convenience. If you select Manual, you can set up the day you want to activate the timer.
❑ Locking Programme Security ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Security The PIN input screen appears before the setup screen. Enter your 4-digit PIN. Change the PIN using the Change PIN option. ● On): Lock channels in Channel menu to prevent Channel Lock (Off / unauthorized users, such as children, from watching unsuitable programme.
● Programme Rating Lock (depending on the country): Prevent unauthorized users, such as children, from watching unsuitable programme with a user- defined 4-digit PIN code. If the selected channel is locked, the “\” symbol will be displayed. The items of Programme Rating Lock differs depending on the country.
❑ Economical Solutions Eco Solution ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Eco Solution ● Energy Saving (Off / Low / Medium / High / Picture Off) t: This adjusts the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. If you select Picture Off, the screen is turned off, but the sound remains on.
● Eco Sensor (Off / On) : To enhance your power savings; the for LED 6 series picture settings will automatically adapt to the light in the room. If you adjust the Backlight, the will be set to Off. Eco Sensor Min.
❑ Other Features Language ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Language ● Menu Language: Set the menu language. ● (depending on the country): Set a desired language for Teletext Language teletext. English is the default in cases where the selected language is unavailable ◀...
Subtitle ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Subtitle Use this menu to set the Subtitle mode. ● On): Switches subtitles on or off. Subtitle (Off / ● Subtitle Mode (Normal / Hearing Impaired): Sets the subtitle mode. ● Language: Sets the subtitle language. Subtitle If the programme you are watching does not support the Hearing...
Digital Text (Disable / Enable) ■ (UK only) MENUm → → → ENTERE System Digital Text If the programme broadcasts with digital text, this feature is enabled. MHEG (Multimedia and Hypermedia Information Coding Experts Group) An International standard for data encoding systems used in multimedia and hypermedia.
Auto Protection Time ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Auto Protection Time ● Auto Protection Time (Off / 2 hours / 4 hours / 8 hours / 10 hours): If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time defined by the user, the screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of ghost images on the screen.
General ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System General ● Game Mode (Off / On): When connecting to a game console such as PlayStation™ or Xbox™, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience by selecting game mode. NOTE ● Precautions and limitations for game mode –...
DivX® Video On Demand ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System DivX® Video On Demand Shows the registration code authorized for the TV. If you connect to the DivX web site and register with 10-digit registration code, you can download the VOD activation file.
Common Interface ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE System Common Interface ● Menu: This enables the user to select from the CAM-provided menu. Select the CI Menu based on the menu PC Card. ● CAM video transcoding: You can configure the setting to transcode the video codec from the CAM automatically.
● Application Info: View information on the CAM inserted into the CI slot and on the “CI or CI+ CARD” which is inserted into the CAM. You can install the CAM anytime whether the TV is on or off. Purchase a CI CAM module at your nearest dealer or by phone. Firmly insert the “CI or CI+ CARD”...
❑ Support Menu e-Manual ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support e-Manual You can read the introduction and instructions about the TV features stored in your TV. For the detailed information about e-Manual Screen, refer to “How to use the e-Manual”...
Self Diagnosis ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Self Diagnosis Self Diagnosis might take few seconds, this is part of the normal operation of the TV. ● Picture Test (Yes / No): Use to check for picture problems. ● Sound Test (Yes / No): Use the built-in melody sound to check for sound problems.
Enter your 4-digit PIN. Change the PIN using the Change PIN option. ● Troubleshooting: If the TV seems to have a problem, refer to this description. If none of these troubleshooting tips apply, contact the Samsung customer service centre. ◀ ▶ English...
Installing the Latest Version ● USB: Insert a USB drive containing the firmware upgrade file, downloaded from “www.samsung.com” into the TV. Please be careful not to disconnect the ◀ ▶ power or remove the USB drive until upgrades are complete. The TV will be turned off and on automatically after completing the firmware upgrade.
● Online : Upgrade the software using the Internet. for LED 6 series First, configure your network. For detailed procedures on using the Network Setup, refer to the “Network Settings” instructions. If the internet connection doesn’t operate properly, the connection may be broken.
● Channel: Upgrade the software using the broadcasting signal. If the function is selected during the software transmission period, software will be automatically searched and downloaded. The time required to download the software is determined by the signal status. ● Alternative Software: Replace the current software with the alternative.
Contact Samsung ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Contact Samsung View this information when your TV does not work properly or when you want to upgrade the software. You can find information regarding our call centres, and how to download products and software.
❑ Using the 3D function for LED 6 series ■ MENUm → → → ENTERE Picture This exciting new feature enables you to view 3D content. "Full HD 3D Glasses™" Logo indicates compatibility between display products and 3D Glasses which are compliant with the "Full HD 3D Glasses™"...
Viewing TV using the 3D function IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION FOR 3D PICTURES. Read and understand the following safety information before using the TV’s function. WARNING ● Some viewers may experience discomfort while viewing 3D TV such as dizziness, nausea and headaches. If you experience any such symptom, stop viewing 3D TV, remove 3D Active Glasses and rest.
● A responsible adult should frequently check on children who are using the 3D function. If there are any reports of tired eyes, headaches, dizziness, or nausea, have the child stop viewing 3D TV and rest. ● Do not use the 3D Active Glasses for other purposes (such as general eyeglasses, sunglasses, protective goggles, etc.) ●...
● Mode: Select the 3D input format. If you want to feel the 3D effect fully, please wear the 3D Active Glasses first, and then select 3D Mode from the list below that provides the best 3D viewing experience. When watching 3D images, turn on 3D Active Glasses. 3D Mode Operation Turns the 3D function off.
Some file format may not be supported the "2D → 3D". When you watch 3D images under flickering lighting such as a fluorescent lamp (50Hz ~ 60Hz ) or a 3 wavelength lamp, you may notice some screen flickering. If this occurs, dim or turn off the light. ●...
How to watch the 3D image ● Method 1 Some 3D modes may not be available depending on the format of the image source. To watch in 3D, wear 3D Active Glasses and press the power button on the glasses. Press the MENU button, use the ▲...
Use the ▲ or ▼ button to select Mode, and then press the ENTERE button. Using the ◄ or ► buttons, select the 3D Mode of the image you want to view. ● Method 2 Press the W button. And then you can view the image.
Some Picture functions are disabled in mode. ● 3D Active Glasses from Samsung’s previous product (IR type) or other ◀ ▶ manufacturers not be supported. ● When the TV is initially powered on, may take some time until the 3D display is optimized.
● The 3D Active Glasses may not work properly if there is any other 3D product or electronic devices turned on near the glasses or TV. If there is a problem, keep other electronic devices as far away as possible from the 3D Active Glasses.
❑ Using the Explore 3D for LED 6 series MENUm → → → ENTERE Support Contents Home Press the CONTENT button to select 3D. You can enjoy the diverse 3D Explore contents through Explore First, configure your network. For detailed procedures on using the Network Setup, refer to the “Network Settings”...
❑ Using the Media Contents Enjoy photos, music and movie files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device. 1. Press the CONTENT button to select Media Play / AllShare Play for LED 6 series 2. Press ▲/▼ button to select desired menu (Videos, Photos, Music), then press the ENTERE button.
❑ Connecting a USB Device 1. Turn on your TV. 2. Connect a USB device containing photo, music and movie files to the USB port on the side of the TV. 3. When USB is connected to the TV, popup window appears. You can select Videos, Photos Music directly.
Devices should be connected directly to the TV’s USB port. ● Before connecting your device to the TV, please back up your files to prevent them from damage or loss of data. SAMSUNG is not responsible for any data file damage or data loss. ●...
● For unsupported or corrupted files, the “Not Supported File Format” message is displayed. ● MP3 files with DRM that have been downloaded from a non-free site cannot be played. Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a technology that supports the creation, distribution and management of the content in an integrated and comprehensive way, including the protection of the rights and interests of the content providers, the prevention of the illegal copying of contents, as well as managing billings and settlements.
● If a USB extension cable is used, the USB device may not be recognized or the files on the device may not be read. ● If a USB device connected to the TV is not recognized, the list of files on the device is corrupted or a file in the list is not played, connect the USB device to the PC, format the device and check the connection.
Disconnecting a USB Device ● Method 1: Using the SOURCE button. Press the SOURCE button. Select a desired USB device, and then press the TOOLS button. The Tools menu appears. Select Safely Remove USB Device, and then wait until the selected USB device is disconnected.
● Method 2: Using the Media Play / AllShare Play home screen. for LED 6 series Go to Media Play / AllShare Play home screen. for LED 6 series Select any category, and then press the ENTERE button. Select a desired USB device, and then press the TOOLS button. The menu appears.
If you want to use to play files saved on your PC over your TV, AllShare Play you should download “AllShare PC Software” and users manual from “www. samsung.com”. ◀ ▶ 1. For more information on how to configure your network, refer to ‘Network Connection’.
2. Using a LAN cable, connect between the external modem and the PC onto which the AllShare PC Software programme will be installed. – You can connect the TV to the PC directly without connecting it through a Sharer (Router). Functions that are not supported when connecting to a PC through a network: ●...
When you use AllShare Play mode through a network connection, according to functions of the provided server: ● The sorting method may vary. ● The � (REW), µ (FF) or � (Pause) buttons may not work depending on the content information. If you experience any file stuttering issue while playing a video over a wireless network, we recommend using a wired network.
❑ Screen Display Move to the desired file using the ◄/►/▲/▼ buttons and then press the ENTERE or � (Play) button. The screen may differ depending on the way to enter the screen. * The displayed image may differ depending on the model. Information: AllShare Play / Videos /...
Videos ■ Playing Video 1. Press the ◄/►/▲/▼ button to select the desired video in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button or � (Play) button. – The selected file name is displayed on the top with its playing time. –...
Other Restrictions ● Video content will not play, or not play correctly, if there is an error in the content or the container. ● Sound or video may not work if the contents have a standard bit rate/frame rate above the compatible Frame/sec listed in the table. ●...
Video decoder Audio decoder ● Supports up to H.264, Level 4.1 ● WMA 10 Pro supports up to 5.1 channel. ● H.264 FMO / ASO / RS, VC1 SP / MP / AP L4 and AVCHD are not supported. ● WMA lossless audio is not supported. ●...
Photos ■ Viewing a Photo (or Slide Show) 1. Press the ◄/►/▲/▼ button to select the desired photo in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button. During the slide show, all files in the file list will be displayed in order. When you press the �...
Music ■ Playing Music 1. Press the ◄/►/▲/▼ button to select the desired Music in the file list. 2. Press the ENTERE button or � (Play) button. – You can use � (REW) and µ (FF) buttons during playback. Only displays the files with supported music file extension. Other file extensions are not displayed, even if they are saved on the same USB device.
Using the playback menu – Press the ◄/► button to select the desired menu. ● Play / Pause: You can start or stop a music. Alternatively, the � or � button on the remote. ● Repeat Mode (Off / One Song / All): You can play music files repeatedly.
● Supported Music Formats File Extension Type Codec Remark *.mp3 MPEG MPEG1 Audio Layer 3 *.m4a MPEG4 *.mpa *.aac *.3ga *.flac FLAC FLAC • Seek is not supported. Supports up to 2ch. *.ogg Vorbis • Supports up to 2ch. *.wma • WMA 10 Pro supports up to 5.1 channel.
❑ Media Contents - Additional Functions Playing the selected Videos/Music/Photos files 1. Press the TOOLS button at each main screen and select Play selection. 2. Select the desired files. The check box appears to the left of the selected files. 3.
Videos/Music/Photos Play Option menu During playing a file, press the TOOLS button. Category Operation Videos Photos Music Go to Videos List / You can move to the file list screen. Go to Photos List You can restart a video file from the Play from the beginning beginning.
Category Operation Videos Photos Music You can adjust the picture size to Picture Size your preference. Picture Mode You can adjust the picture setting. Sound Mode You can adjust the sound setting. You can change the audio language Audio Language if the video has more than one language.
Category Operation Videos Photos Music You can start or stop a slide show. Start Slide Show / Stop Slide Show Slide Show Speed You can select the slide show speed during the slide show. Slide Show Effect You can change the slide show effect during the slide show.
Category Operation Videos Photos Music You can zoom into images in full Zoom screen mode. Rotate You can rotate images in full screen mode. Edit playlist You can edit the playlist when playing the desired music. Play selection Select and play multiple files. Information You can see detailed information about the played file.
For more information, visit “www.samsung.com” or contact the Samsung call centre. Mobile devices may need additional software installation. For details, refer to each device’s user’s guide. If your Samsung TV connects to a non-Samsung DLNA server, a compatibility issue may occur during video playback. English...
By connecting your Samsung TV to a network via AllShare™, you can use Samsung’s original functions as follows: – Playback of various video formats (DivX, MP4, 3GPP, AVI, ASF, MKV, etc.) – Video thumbnail feature – Bookmark function (to resume video playback) –...
Playing the media contents saved on the devices 1. Connect the mobile phone or other devices which support AllShare Play function, and then play the media contents of each device. The popup screen appears on the bottom of your TV. 2.
Using the function, play the media contents of the devices AllShare Play connected to DLNA function. 1. Press the CONTENT button to select AllShare Play. 2. Press ▲/▼ button to select desired menu (Videos, Photos, Music), then press the ENTERE button. 3.
NOTE ● Contents may not be played on your TV depending on their resolution and format. ● The ENTERE and ◄/► buttons may not work depending on the type of media content. ● Using the mobile device, you can control the media playing. For details, refer to each mobile’s user’s guide.
Using the AllShare Settings function MENUm → → → ENTERE Network AllShare Settings Shows a list of mobile phones or connected devices which have been set up with this TV for using the AllShare Settings function. function is available in all devices which support DLNA AllShare Settings DMC.
❑ Teletext Feature The index page of the Teletext service gives you information on how to use the service. For Teletext information to be displayed correctly, channel reception must be stable. Otherwise, information may be missing or some pages may not be displayed.
● 1 (sub-page): Displays the available sub-page. ● 8 (store): Stores the Teletext pages. ● 6 (index): Displays the index (contents) page at any time while you are viewing Teletext. ● 4 (size): Displays the teletext on the upper half of the screen in double-size. To move the text to the lower half of the screen, press it again.
● 5 (reveal): Displays the hidden text (answers to quiz games, for example). To display the normal screen, press it again. ● 7 (cancel): Shrinks the Teletext display to overlap with the current broadcast. ● Colour buttons (red, green, yellow, blue): If the FASTEXT system is used by the broadcasting company, the different topics on a Teletext page are colour- coded and can be selected by pressing the coloured buttons.
The Teletext pages are organized according to six categories: Part Contents Selected page number. Broadcasting channel identity. Current page number or search indications. Date and time. Text. Status information. FASTEXT information. ◀ ▶ English...
❑ Anti-theft Kensington Lock The Kensington Lock is not supplied by Samsung. It is a device used to physically fix the system when using it in a public place. The appearance and locking method may differ from the illustration depending on the manufacturer. Refer to the manual provided with the Kensington Lock for additional information on proper use.
2. Slide the end of the cable with the lock attached through the looped end of the Kensington lock cable. 3. Insert the locking device into the Kensington slot on the product. 4. Lock the lock. These are general instructions. For exact instructions, see the User manual supplied with the locking device.
❑ Connections Common Interface Slot To watch paid channels, the “CI or CI+ CARD” must be inserted. ● If you do not insert the “CI or CI+ CARD”, some channels will display the message “Scrambled Signal”. ● The pairing information containing a telephone number, the “CI or CI+ CARD”...
NOTE ● You must obtain a “CI or CI+ CARD” from a local cable service provider. ● When removing the “CI or CI+ CARD”, carefully pull it out with your hands since dropping the “CI or CI+ CARD” may cause damage to it. ●...
❑ Troubleshooting If you have any questions about the TV, first refer to this list. If none of these troubleshooting tips apply, please visit “www.samsung.com”, then click on Support. Issues Solutions and Explanations Picture Quality First of all, please perform the...
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● If you have an analogue cable/set top box, upgrade to a digital set top The TV image does not look as good as it did in box. Use HDMI or Component cables to deliver HD (high definition) the store.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion especially The picture is distorted: macroblock error, small in fast moving pictures such as sports and action movies. block, dots, pixelization ● Low signal level or bad quality can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV issue.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● Adjust the There is poor colour or Picture options in the TV menu. (go to Picture Mode / brightness. Colour / Brightness / Sharpness) ● Adjust Energy Saving option in the TV menu. (go to MENU - System - Eco Solution - Energy Saving)
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● If connected with a cable box, please try to reset the cable box. When changing channels, the picture Reconnect the AC cord and wait until the cable box reboots. It may freezes or is distorted or take up to 20 minutes.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● Set the The picture is good but Speaker Select option to TV Speaker in the sound there is no sound. menu. for LED 6 series ● If you are using an external device, make sure the audio cables are connected to the correct audio input jacks on the TV.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● Check the cable connections. Make sure a video cable is not The speakers are making an inappropriate connected to an audio input. noise. ● For aerial or cable connections, check the signal strength. Low signal level may cause sound distortion.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● Ensure the The TV turns off Sleep Timer is set to in the Time menu. automatically. ● If your PC is connected to the TV, check your PC power settings. ● Make sure the AC power cord is plugged in securely to the wall outlet and the TV.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● Check cable connections (remove and reconnect all cables connected There is no picture/ video. to the TV and external devices). ● Set your external device’s (Cable/Set top Box, DVD, Blu-ray etc) video outputs to match the connections to the TV input. For example, if an external device’s output is HDMI, it should be connected to an HDMI input on the TV.
Issues Solutions and Explanations Aerial (Air/Cable) Connection The TV is not receiving ● Make sure the Aerial cable is connected securely. all channels. ● Please try Setup (Initial setup) to add available channels to the channel list. Go to MENU - System - Setup (Initial setup) and wait for all available channels to be stored.
Issues Solutions and Explanations Network Connection for LED 6 series Software Upgrade over ● Try menu. Network Settings Network the network fails. ● If you have latest SW version, SW upgrade will not proceed. Others ● HD channels will have black bars on either side of the screen when The picture will not display in full screen.
The Cable/Set top box ● Programme the Cable/Set top box remote control to operate the TV. remote control doesn’t Refer to the Cable/Set top box user manual for the SAMSUNG TV turn the TV on or off, or code. adjust the volume.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● This smell is normal and will dissipate over time. There is a plastic smell from the TV. The TV ● This function is only available with digital channels from an Aerial / RF / Signal Information Coax connection.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● The Channel menu is Channel menu is only available when the TV source is selected. grey out (unavailable). Your settings are lost ● If the TV is in the mode, it will reset audio and picture Store Demo after 30 minutes or every settings every 30 minutes.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● This is part of the product’s design and is not a defect. You see small particles when you look closely at the edge of the frame of the TV. You turned the TV off ● It is normal. The TV operates the OTA (Over The Aerial) function itself to 45 minutes ago, and it upgrade firmware downloaded whilst your watching TV.
Issues Solutions and Explanations ● Check and change the signal/source. There are recurrent picture/sound issues. A reaction may occur ● To prevent this, use felt pads on any surface of the TV that comes in between the rubber direct contact with furniture. cushion pads on the base stand and the top finish of some furniture.
❑ Licence for LED 6 series TheaterSound HD, SRS and the symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. TheaterSound HD technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc. SRS TheaterSound HD™ provides the most immersive surround sound experience from the TVs built-in speakers, while maintaining steady volume and delivering rich bass and clear dialog.
for LED 6 series Manufactured under license under U.S. Patent Nos: 5,956,674; 5,974,380; 6,487,535 & other U.S. and worldwide patents issued & pending. DTS, the Symbol, & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks & DTS 2.0+Digital Out is a trademark of DTS, Inc.
DivX Certified® to play DivX® video up to HD 1080p, including premium content. ABOUT DIVX VIDEO: DivX® is a digital video format created by DivX, LLC, a subsidiary of Rovi Corporation. This is an official DivX Certified® device that plays DivX video. Visit divx.com for more information and software tools to convert your files into DivX videos.