Network Setup This section provides detailed instructions for setting up your product on a wireless or wired network. Before you begin, make sure you set up your product as described on the Start Here sheet. Then follow the steps in one of these sections to set up the product on your network: ■...
Windows XP: When you see the Software Installation screen, continue with step 4. ® Mac OS X: Double-click the 4. When you see this screen, click ® : If you see the AutoPlay window, click icon. Epson Install Wireless Network Setup...
5. When you see this screen, select 6. When you see this screen, select Next 7. Mac OS X 10.6: At the next screen, click With the Product Buttons” on page 11 to set up the product without using a temporary USB connection.
8. When you see this screen, select a wireless network setup method, then click Next Tip: If you need help selecting a wireless network setup method, click Which option should I choose for more information on setup methods. 9. At the next screen, click 10.
2. When you see this screen, connect the product to your computer with a USB cable. 3. Follow the on-screen instructions to continue installing the software. 4. When you see the Firewall Warning screen, click Note: If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let EpsonNet Setup continue.
5. When you see a screen like the following, select your network name (SSID) from the list, then click Note: If your network name isn’t in the list, select Enter Manually. If your network name contains uppercase (ABC) or lowercase (abc) letters, enter them correctly. 6.
7. Wait while EpsonNet Setup configures your product for the network. 8. Follow the instructions on the screen to remove the USB cable from the product and your computer. 9. When you see the Installation Complete screen, print a test page, then click Finish 10.
Setting Up With the Product Buttons If you are using Mac OS X 10.6, or you did not connect a USB cable to set up the product on your wireless network, follow these steps to set it up using the product buttons: 1.
3. When you see this screen, do one of the following: ■ If your wireless network has security enabled, use the product’s buttons to enter your network password. If your password has uppercase or lowercase letters, be sure to enter them correctly. Then click ■...
7. When you see the Firewall Warning screen, click Note: If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let EpsonNet Setup continue. Do not select Ask Me Later, Keep Blocking, or Block. 8. Wait while EpsonNet Setup configures your product for the network. 9.
Wireless Network Setup Other SSIDs ■ Press the buttons repeatedly to select uppercase letters or lowercase letters, or numbers and special characters. ■ Press r to move to the next character. ■ Press l to delete a character. icon. Epson , then...
6. When you see this screen, select , then click network 7. Wait while the software is installed. 8. Mac OS X 10.6: Skip to step 13 on page 17. 9. When you see the Firewall Warning screen, click Note: If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let EpsonNet Setup continue.
10. If you see a screen like this one, select the product you would like to set up, then click Next 11. Wait while EpsonNet Setup configures your product for the network. 12. When you see the Installation Complete screen, print a test page, then click Finish 13.
3. Windows 7 and Windows Vista: If you see the AutoPlay window, click . When you see the User Account Control screen, click Setup.exe Continue Windows XP: When you see the Software Installation screen, continue with step 4. Mac OS X: Double-click the Wired (Ethernet) Network Setup icon. Epson...
6. When you see this screen, select Next 7. When you see this screen, connect the product to your router, access point, or hub with an Ethernet network cable, then click 8. Mac OS X 10.6: Skip to step 14 on page 21. 9.
10. When you see the Firewall Warning screen, click Note: If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let EpsonNet Setup continue. Do not select Ask Me Later, Keep Blocking, or Block. 11. Wait while EpsonNet Setup configures your product for the network. 12.
Windows XP: When you see the Software Installation screen, continue with step 4. Mac OS X: Double-click the 4. When you see this screen, click 5. When you see this screen, select Wired (Ethernet) Network Setup icon. Epson Install Wired network connection and click Next...
6. When you see this screen, select , then click network 7. Mac OS X 10.6: Skip to step 14 on page 24. 8. Wait while the software is installed, then click installation. 9. When you see the Firewall Warning screen, click Note: If you see a firewall alert message, click Unblock or Allow to let EpsonNet Setup continue.
10. If you see a screen like this one, select the product you would like to set up, then click Next 11. Wait while EpsonNet Setup configures your product for the network. 12. If you see an Installation Complete screen that includes a button, click it to print a test page.
Loading Paper You can print documents and photos on a variety of paper types and sizes. For details, see page 26. (For instructions on loading envelopes, see your online User’s Guide.) 1. Open the paper support and pull up the extensions. Then pull out the output tray extensions and flip up the paper stopper.
If you are just making a copy or printing a rough draft, plain paper is fine. However, for the best results, use one of Epson’s special ink jet papers, as listed below. 4. Squeeze the edge guide and slide it against the paper, but not too tightly.
Placing Originals for Copying, Scanning, or Faxing Before you copy, scan, or fax, place your documents or photos on the scanner glass or in the Automatic Document Feeder. Using the Scanner Glass You can place a photo or a document up to letter-size (or A4-size) on the scanner glass.
2. Slide the edge guide outward. 3. Fan the originals, then tap them on a flat surface to even the edges. 4. Insert the originals face-up, top edge first. 5. Slide the edge guide against the originals, but not too tightly. Using the Automatic Document Feeder...
If you use the Automatic Document Feeder, you can copy up to 30 sheets at a time onto letter- or A4-size plain paper. You can copy a photo onto 4 × 6-inch, 5 × 7-inch, letter-size, or A4-size Epson photo paper (various types available) for instant photo reprints.
3. Press the r button. Copy 4. Press u or d or use the numeric keypad to select the number of copies you want (up to 99). 5. To change the layout, press x . Press u or d to select small margin around the image or expand the image all the way to the edge of the paper (slight cropping may occur), then press...
For detailed instructions on printing, see the online User’s Guide. Tip: It’s a good idea to check for updates to your Epson product software; see page 49. Printing in Windows 1. Open a photo or document in a printing program, open the...
1. Open a photo or document in a printing program, open the select Print 2. Select your product as the 3. Click the arrow to expand the Print window, if necessary. tab. Advanced setting. Printer Select your Epson product Printing With a Macintosh Cancel printing menu, and File Click to expand...
4. Select basic copy and page settings. For borderless photos, choose a setting with a Size Note: If the setting you want isn’t shown (for example, Scale), check for it in your application before printing or check for it at the bottom of this window. 5.
For this paper/media Plain paper Epson Bright White Paper Epson Presentation Paper Matte Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer paper Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy Epson Photo Paper Glossy Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss...
Using the Automatic Document Feeder, you can fax up to 30 pages at a time. Note: You can also send a fax from your computer using the Epson FAX Utility. With Windows, see the online User’s Guide. With Macintosh, download the utility from the Epson support web site listed on page 54.
Note: If you leave the WorkForce 520/525 Series unplugged for a long period of time, the date and time settings may get lost. See the Start Here sheet or online User’s Guide for instructions on resetting them.
Selecting the Number of Rings to Answer If you connected an answering machine and it is set to pick up on the fourth ring, you should set the WorkForce 520/525 Series to pick up on the fifth ring or later: 1. Press the K 2.
Note: To dial the number using a telephone, by redialing, or by selecting from your speed dial list, see the next section. To send a fax from your computer using the Epson FAX Utility, see your online User’s Guide. 1. Place your original(s) for faxing (see page 28).
■ One-touch dial button: Press a button on the right side of the control panel to select one of the first five speed dial/group dial entries and press enter another entry or press ■ If you’ve connected a telephone to the product, dial the number from the phone.
Scanning a Document or Photo You can use your WorkForce 520/525 Series to scan original documents and photos and save them on your computer. Quick Scanning With the Scan Button Use the button to quickly scan a photo or document and save it on your u Scan computer.
To scan from an application, start your application. Then open the menu, choose 4. Epson Scan opens in Office Mode the first time you use it. (You can change the scan mode using the Mode selector in the upper right corner.) Scanning With Epson Scan Software icon on your desktop.
Note: You cannot use Home mode to scan with the Automatic Document Feeder. 5. Click Scan The image is scanned and you see its icon in Windows Explorer or Macintosh Finder. Scanning With Mac OS X 10.6 You can scan original documents and photos and save them as files on your computer.
Maintaining Your Product Follow the instructions in this chapter to check and clean the print head nozzles, check ink levels, and replace ink cartridges. If you need to align the print head, see the online User’s Guide. Caution: To keep your product looking like new, don’t place anything on top of the cover or use it as a writing surface, If you need to clean the cover, use only a soft, non-abrasive microfiber-type cloth.
If quality does not improve, one of the ink cartridges may need to be replaced. If that doesn’t help, contact Epson as described on page 54. If you do not use your product often, it is a good idea to print a few pages at least once a month to maintain good print quality.
This window can optionally display ink offers and other updates from Epson. Note: To disable checking for ink offers or updates from Epson, see the instructions in your online User’s Guide. Purchasing Epson Ink Cartridges You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central at www.epson.com/ink3 (U.S.
Yields vary considerably based on images printed, print settings, paper type, frequency of use, and temperature. For print quality, a small amount of ink remains in the cartridge after the “replace cartridge” indicator comes on. The product ships with full cartridges and part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the product.
4. Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift it up. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it. Warning: If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water.
Solving Problems If you have a problem with your Epson product, check the messages on the LCD screen to diagnose the cause. You can also check the basic troubleshooting suggestions beginning on page 50, or your online User’s Guide. Checking for Software Updates Periodically, it’s a good idea to check Epson’s support website for...
Please contact Epson Support. Problems and Solutions Check the solutions below if you’re having trouble using your Epson product. Network Problems The product cannot find or connect to the wireless router or access point ■...
Cannot find the scanner or start Epson Scan ■ Epson Scan is not available in Mac OS X 10.6; see page 43 for scanning instructions. ■ If network communication was interrupted while starting Epson Scan, exit Epson Scan, and restart it after a few seconds.
Printing and Copying Problems ■ Make sure your paper is loaded printable side up (usually the whiter, brighter, or glossy side). Load it short edge first, and against the right side. Don’t load paper above the arrow mark inside the edge guide. ■...
EXT. Print Quality Problems ■ For the best print quality, use Epson papers (see page 26) and genuine Epson ink cartridges (see page 47). ■ If you notice light or dark bands across your printouts or they are too faint, run a nozzle check (see page 44) to see if the print head needs cleaning.
Purchase Supplies and Accessories You can purchase genuine Epson ink and paper at Epson Supplies Central at www.epson.com/ink3 (U.S. sales) or www.epson.ca (Canadian sales). You can also purchase supplies from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766).
Notices Important Safety Instructions Epson product Before using your ■ Be sure to follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. ■ Use only the type of power source indicated on the product label. ■ Use only the power cord that comes with the product. Use of another cord may cause fires or shock.
■ If the LCD screen is damaged, contact Epson. If the liquid crystal solution gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If the liquid crystal solution gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. If discomfort or vision problems remain after a thorough flushing, see a doctor immediately.
When using telephone equipment, you should always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following: ■ Do not use the Epson product near water. ■ Avoid using a telephone during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
This product is not intended to be repaired. If you experience trouble with this equipment, please contact: Name: Epson America, Inc. Address: 3840 Kilroy Airport Way, Long Beach, CA 90806 U.S.A. Telephone: (562) 981-3840...
A plug and jack used to connect this equipment to the premises wiring and telephone network must comply with the applicable FCC Part 68 rules and requirements adopted by the ACTA. A compliant telephone cord and modular plug is provided with this product. It is designed to be connected to a compatible modular jack that is also compliant.
If service is needed, Epson will, at its option, exchange or repair the printer without charge for parts or labor. If Epson authorizes an exchange for the defective unit, Epson will ship a replacement printer to you, freight prepaid, so long as you...
Epson or its authorized service center, where the printer will be repaired and sent back to you. You are responsible for packing the printer and for all costs to and from the Epson authorized service center. When warranty service involves the exchange of the printer or a part, the item replaced becomes Epson property.
(excluding the U.S.) failure to strictly comply with Seiko Epson Corporation’s operating and maintenance instructions. Seiko Epson Corporation shall not be liable for any damages or problems arising from the use of any options or any consumable products other than those designated as Original Epson Products or Epson Approved Products by Seiko Epson Corporation.