burns, electric shock, fire, or injury to persons:
1. Never leave a plugged-in appliance unat-
When using electrical appliances, especially when
children are present, basic safety precautions should
2. This appliance should not be used by, on, or
always be taken, including the following:
near children or individuals with certain dis-
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
3. Use appliance only for its intended use as
described in this manual. Only use attachments
recommended by the manufacturer. Do not use
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
an extension cord to operate the appliance.
4. Never operate the appliance if it has a dam-
aged cord or plug, is not working properly, has
Any appliance is electri-
been dropped or damaged, or dropped into
cally live, even when the switch is off.
water. Return the appliance to a Conair service
To reduce the risk of death or injury by
center for examination and repair.
5. Keep the appliance cord away from heated
1. Always unplug appliance from electrical outlet
immediately after using (except when charging
6. Do not pull, twist or wrap the cord around the
2. Do not place or store appliance where it could fall
or be pulled into a tub or sink.
7. Never drop or insert any object into any open-
3. Do not use appliance while bathing or in the
ing of the appliance.
8. Do not place the appliance on any
4. Do not place appliance in, or drop into, water or
surface while it is operating.
9. Do not use the appliance with a damaged or
5. If appliance has fallen into water, do not reach for
broken comb or with teeth missing from the
it. Unplug immediately.
blades, as injury may result. Before each use,
6. Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
make certain the blades are aligned properly
DO NOT REACH
10. Do not use the appliance outdoors or where
INTO THE WATER
aerosol (spray) products are being used or
oxygen is being administered.
11. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE
To reduce the risk of
If your rechargeable trimmer does not seem to be
taking a charge, take the following troubleshooting
steps before returning it for repair:
1. Be sure the electrical outlet is working by plug-
ging in another appliance to test the outlet.
2. Make sure the electrical plug is not connected
to a switch which turns power off when lights
are turned off.
3. Be sure you have inserted the trimmer properly
into the charging stand, that all connections are
secure, and that the trimmer switch is in the
1. Before using your trimmer for the first time,
place the unit in the charging stand and charge
it for 16 hours. Always place the trimmer in the
base with the ON/OFF switch in the OFF posi-
2. Always check to see if the charging light is on
when you place the trimmer in the charging
stand. The switch must face forward for the
trimmer to slide properly into the base and fixed
3. Plug the adaptor into any wall outlet (at the volt-
age listed on the label affixed to the adaptor).
Unplug adaptor when not in use.
4. The adaptor may become warm while charging.
This is normal.
5. Battery life can be improved by periodically
allowing the trimmer to run until the motor
stops. Immediately shut the switch OFF and
This product is equipped with a turbo boost button.
When activated, this will provide 15% more cutting
power. This is especially useful for cutting through
TAKING CARE OF YOUR TRIMMER
To activate the turbo feature:
OILING THE BLADES
1. Press down the lock button and turn the Power
About once a month you should oil the trimmer
switch to the "on" position.
blades with the oil provided in your kit. It is best
2. Press the Turbo button.
to do this over a piece of newspaper. Turn the
3. Continue to press the Turbo button for as long as
trimmer on and hold it so that the blades are
you need the extra power.
pointed downward. Spread one drop of oil across
4. Release the Turbo button to return to normal
the blades, then turn the trimmer off and wipe
away the excess oil with a soft cloth.
THREE POSITION TAPER CONTROL
Be careful not to use too much oil and don't oil
The Conair trimmer taper control switch is positioned
your trimmer more than necessary, as this could
at the back of the unit. You can
damage the motor. (Never attempt to oil the
hold the trimmer in your hand
motor bearing, as it is permanently lubricated.)
and adjust the switch as need-
After oiling the blades, return the trimmer and
ed.The taper control eliminates
oil packet to the trimmer storage base. Keep oil
the need in some situations for
away from children.
an attachment comb because
it lets you gradually adjust the
closeness of the cut. For clos-
Because the trimmer blades are precision-
est cut and shortest hair, push
made for a very special use, they should always
switch all the way to level #3. This is the setting to
be handled with care. Each time you finish
use for the 2 day shave look. To increase the cutting
using the trimmer, take the cleaning brush pro-
length, slowly push control down to level #2 or #1 for
vided and brush away any loose hair that has
longer cut. Note that too much clipped hair on the clip-
collected in the blades. Then store the trimmer
per can slow down its operation. To remove it without
in its recharging storage base to protect the
removing the blades simply use the enclosed cleaning
blades until the next use.
brush and gently sweep away the clipped hair from
Be especially careful when changing or
adjusting blades. When you have your trimmer
GROWING A BEARD AND MUSTACHE
serviced, be sure that both blades are sharpened
There are three key factors that will determine which
or replaced at the same time.
beard or mustache style is best for you:
To promote the long life of the appliance, use
1. The shape and dimensions of your face.
your trimmer only for the purpose intended
2. The natural growth of your beard/ mustache.
by the manufacturer – to trim your beard and
3. The thickness of your beard/mustache. If you are
unsure about the type of beard or mustache that
would most suit your face, speak with a profes-
sional hair stylist and ask for an opinion on what
style would be best. Once your beard or mustache
has been styled, it is essential that you maintain
its appearance. To do this, use your trimmer to
trim your beard/mustache weekly.
the trimmer blades and snap it down into posi-
tion. At first, until you become familiar with the
For the best trimming results, your beard should
adjustments, use the longest trim setting. (You
be slightly damp (NOT WET) when using your trim-
can always go back and make your beard a little
mer. This will prevent the trimmer from removing
more hair than desired.
3. Begin trimming your beard using smooth, even
TYPES OF BEARDS/MUSTACHES
strokes. Start with your sideburns and work
downward toward your chin. Never attempt to trim
against the natural growth of your beard because
the hair will be cut too short.
4. If you decide you want
can now adjust the
OUTLINING YOUR BEARD
5-position comb attach-
1. It is always best to begin with a clean, slightly
ment to a shorter setting
(such as 3/32" or 5/32") and go over your beard
again until you achieve the desired length.
2. After you have combed through your beard in the
direction it grows naturally, you will want to outline
BLENDING THE JAWLINE
the desired shape, beginning under your jawline.
1. The three jawline attachments will help you to
3. Begin defining your beard's shape under your chin
achieve a neat, finished trim under your chin. To
and work upward on each side of your face toward
use one of the attachments, press it down over the
your ears. Then define the upper outline of your
trimmer blades until it clicks into position.
beard across your cheeks, past
2. Hold the trimmer in an upright position and begin
your sideburns, and toward
trimming under your jawline, using short, even
NOW YOU'RE READY TO TRIM
3. After your beard is blended, turn off the trimmer and
remove the attachment by gently pulling up on tab.
1. The trimmer includes 2 five position combs: a
narrow comb for use with the hair trimming blade
(2-10mm) and a wide comb to be used with the
facial hair blade (13-25mm) which provide lengths
of 3/32" (shortest) to 1" (longest).
2. To use the 5-position comb, slide the unit over