unsure about the type of beard or mustache that
To reduce the risk of
would most suit your face, speak with a profes-
This product is equipped with a turbo boost button.
sional hair stylist and ask for an opinion on what
burns, electric shock, fire, or injury to persons:
When activated, this will provide 15% more cutting
style would be best. Once your beard or mustache
power. This is especially useful for cutting through
1. Never leave a plugged-in appliance unat-
has been styled, it is essential that you maintain
When using electrical appliances, especially when
TAKING CARE OF YOUR TRIMMER
its appearance. To do this, use your trimmer to
children are present, basic safety precautions should
To activate the turbo feature:
2. This appliance should not be used by, on, or
OILING THE BLADES
trim your beard/mustache weekly.
always be taken, including the following:
1. Press down the lock button and turn the Power
the trimmer blades and snap it down into posi-
If your rechargeable trimmer does not seem to be
near children or individuals with certain dis-
About once a month you should oil the trimmer
tion. At first, until you become familiar with the
switch to the "on" position.
For the best trimming results, your beard should
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
taking a charge, take the following troubleshooting
blades with the oil provided in your kit. It is best
adjustments, use the longest trim setting. (You
2. Press the Turbo button.
be slightly damp (NOT WET) when using your trim-
steps before returning it for repair:
can always go back and make your beard a little
3. Use appliance only for its intended use as
to do this over a piece of newspaper. Turn the
3. Continue to press the Turbo button for as long as
mer. This will prevent the trimmer from removing
1. Be sure the electrical outlet is working by plug-
trimmer on and hold it so that the blades are
more hair than desired.
described in this manual. Only use attachments
you need the extra power.
ging in another appliance to test the outlet.
3. Begin trimming your beard using smooth, even
recommended by the manufacturer. Do not use
pointed downward. Spread one drop of oil across
4. Release the Turbo button to return to normal
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
TYPES OF BEARDS/MUSTACHES
2. Make sure the electrical plug is not connected
strokes. Start with your sideburns and work
the blades, then turn the trimmer off and wipe
an extension cord to operate the appliance.
to a switch which turns power off when lights
downward toward your chin. Never attempt to trim
away the excess oil with a soft cloth.
are turned off.
4. Never operate the appliance if it has a dam-
against the natural growth of your beard because
THREE POSITION TAPER CONTROL
Be careful not to use too much oil and don't oil
aged cord or plug, is not working properly, has
3. Be sure you have inserted the trimmer properly
the hair will be cut too short.
Any appliance is electri-
The Conair trimmer taper control switch is positioned
your trimmer more than necessary, as this could
into the charging stand, that all connections are
been dropped or damaged, or dropped into
4. If you decide you want
cally live, even when the switch is off.
at the back of the unit. You can
secure, and that the trimmer switch is in the
damage the motor. (Never attempt to oil the
water. Return the appliance to a Conair service
hold the trimmer in your hand
To reduce the risk of death or injury by
motor bearing, as it is permanently lubricated.)
can now adjust the
center for examination and repair.
and adjust the switch as need-
OUTLINING YOUR BEARD
5-position comb attach-
After oiling the blades, return the trimmer and
5. Keep the appliance cord away from heated
ed.The taper control eliminates
1. Always unplug appliance from electrical outlet
1. It is always best to begin with a clean, slightly
ment to a shorter setting
oil packet to the trimmer storage base. Keep oil
1. Before using your trimmer for the first time,
the need in some situations for
immediately after using (except when charging
(such as 3/32" or 5/32") and go over your beard
away from children.
place the unit in the charging stand and charge
an attachment comb because
6. Do not pull, twist or wrap the cord around the
again until you achieve the desired length.
2. After you have combed through your beard in the
it for 16 hours. Always place the trimmer in the
it lets you gradually adjust the
2. Do not place or store appliance where it could fall
base with the ON/OFF switch in the OFF posi-
direction it grows naturally, you will want to outline
BLENDING THE JAWLINE
closeness of the cut. For clos-
Because the trimmer blades are precision-
or be pulled into a tub or sink.
7. Never drop or insert any object into any open-
the desired shape, beginning under your jawline.
est cut and shortest hair, push
1. The three jawline attachments will help you to
made for a very special use, they should always
3. Do not use appliance while bathing or in the
ing of the appliance.
2. Always check to see if the charging light is on
switch all the way to level #3. This is the setting to
3. Begin defining your beard's shape under your chin
achieve a neat, finished trim under your chin. To
be handled with care. Each time you finish
when you place the trimmer in the charging
use for the 2 day shave look. To increase the cutting
and work upward on each side of your face toward
8. Do not place the appliance on any
use one of the attachments, press it down over the
using the trimmer, take the cleaning brush pro-
4. Do not place appliance in, or drop into, water or
stand. The switch must face forward for the
length, slowly push control down to level #2 or #1 for
your ears. Then define the upper outline of your
surface while it is operating.
trimmer blades until it clicks into position.
vided and brush away any loose hair that has
trimmer to slide properly into the base and fixed
longer cut. Note that too much clipped hair on the clip-
beard across your cheeks, past
9. Do not use the appliance with a damaged or
2. Hold the trimmer in an upright position and begin
collected in the blades. Then store the trimmer
per can slow down its operation. To remove it without
5. If appliance has fallen into water, do not reach for
your sideburns, and toward
broken comb or with teeth missing from the
in its recharging storage base to protect the
trimming under your jawline, using short, even
removing the blades simply use the enclosed cleaning
it. Unplug immediately.
3. Plug the adaptor into any wall outlet (at the volt-
blades, as injury may result. Before each use,
blades until the next use.
brush and gently sweep away the clipped hair from
age listed on the label affixed to the adaptor).
6. Unplug this appliance before cleaning.
make certain the blades are aligned properly
NOW YOU'RE READY TO TRIM
Be especially careful when changing or
3. After your beard is blended, turn off the trimmer and
Unplug adaptor when not in use.
DO NOT REACH
remove the attachment by gently pulling up on tab.
adjusting blades. When you have your trimmer
4. The adaptor may become warm while charging.
GROWING A BEARD AND MUSTACHE
10. Do not use the appliance outdoors or where
This is normal.
serviced, be sure that both blades are sharpened
1. The trimmer includes 2 five position combs: a
INTO THE WATER
There are three key factors that will determine which
aerosol (spray) products are being used or
or replaced at the same time.
5. Battery life can be improved by periodically
narrow comb for use with the hair trimming blade
beard or mustache style is best for you:
(2-10mm) and a wide comb to be used with the
oxygen is being administered.
allowing the trimmer to run until the motor
To promote the long life of the appliance, use
1. The shape and dimensions of your face.
facial hair blade (13-25mm) which provide lengths
stops. Immediately shut the switch OFF and
your trimmer only for the purpose intended
11. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE
2. The natural growth of your beard/ mustache.
of 3/32" (shortest) to 1" (longest).
by the manufacturer – to trim your beard and
3. The thickness of your beard/mustache. If you are
2. To use the 5-position comb, slide the unit over