Uninterruptible Power Supply
NXA-UPS1500 (120v/240v) UPS
NXA-UPS1500 Product Specifications (Cont.)
The NXA-UPS1500 is a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) featuring Double AVR Boost
• AC Input Power Cord
and Double Buck, Pure Sine Wave Output, LCD Display and Hot-Swappable Battery. The
• Tower and rack-mounting accessories
NXA-UPS1500 supports RS232 control. The NXA-UPS1500 is available in two voltages:
Other AMX Equipment:
NXA-UPS1500 EPM Extended Power Module (FG 678-16)
NXA-UPS1500ECJ, European Power Cable (FG 678-17)
NXA-UPS1500UKCJ, United Kingdom Power Cable (FG678-18)
NXA-UPS1500ACJ, Australian Power Cable (FG678-19)
The NXA-UPS1500 features tower/rack-convertible design making it ideal for use with AMX's
line of MAX devices (FIG. 1).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS: This manual contains important safety instructions. Please
Front Panel LCD
follow all instructions carefully during installation. Read this manual thoroughly before
attempting to unpack, install or operate.
CAUTION - To prevent the risk of fire or electric shock, install in a temperature and humidity
controlled indoor area, free of conductive contaminants.
CAUTION - Risk of electric shock, do not remove the cover. No user serviceable parts. Refer
servicing to qualified service personnel.
CAUTION - Risk of electric shock, hazardous live parts inside this UPS can be energized
from the battery supply even when the input AC power is disconnected.
WARNING - This is a Class A-UPS Product. In a domestic environment, this product may
RS232 Communication Port
cause radio interference, in which case, the user may be required to take additional
NOTICE - The UPS is designed to be for use with computer loads only.
NOTICE- To prevent injury, do not carry with the handle of front cover when moving the UPS.
Front Panel LCD and LEDs
FIG. 2 describes the elements of the front panel LCD:
1. Utility (Green LED)
2. Fault (Red LED)
3. On Switch
USB Communication Port
Input Power Socket (Inlet)
9 10 11
4. Off Switch
External Battery Terminal
5. Battery Replacement
RJ-45 Ports (Network Surge Protection)
6. Battery Backup (Amber LED)
NXA-UPS1500 Uninterruptible Power Supply
7. Battery Low
NXA-UPS1500 Product Specifications
9. Utility Low, UPS Boost
• Voltage Window (DIP Switch selectable):
10. Utility High, UPS Buck
120V version (FG678-15): 110/115/120 Vac +35% ˜ -32%
11. UPS Output Indicator
240V version (FG678-20): 220/230/240 Vac +35% ˜ -32%
• Frequency: 45 ˜ 65Hz (50/60Hz auto-sensing)
12. Polarity Error or Ground Fault
• Voltage Window (AC Mode):
14. Load/Battery Level (%)
120V version (FG678-15): 110/115/120 Vac +8% ˜ -12%
240V version (FG678-20): 220/230/240 Vac +8% ˜ -12%
15. Load/Battery Level
• Voltage Window (INV Mode):
Indication Control Button
120V version (FG678-15): 110/115/120 Vac +/-5%
240V version (FG678-20): 220/230/240 Vac +/-5%
Front Panel LCD and LEDs
• Capacity (VA/W):1500/900
• Wave Form: Pure sine wave
DIP Switch Setting
• Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz +/-0.1Hz
The nominal voltage of the UPS can be reset by the DIP Switch on the rear panel of the UPS.
• Transfer Time:2 ms typical
• Autonomy: > 8 min.
The following charts describe the voltage settings.
• DC Start: Yes
• Type: 12V, sealed lead acid maintenance-free
• Capacity: 9AH
• Quantity: 4 12V batteries required
120V version (FG678-15): 24 Vdc
240V version (FG678-20): 48 Vdc
• Recharge Time: 2 ˜ 4 hours to 90%
• Storage: Store at -15 to +30 °C (+5 to +86 °F), charge the UPS
DIP Switch Settings (sets nominal voltage)
battery every 6 months / Store at +30 to +45 °C (+86 to +113 °F),
charge the UPS battery every 3 months.
Indicators & Alarms
• Utility mode
• Backup mode
• Battery conditions
• Steady: Output Load is supplied by Utility.
• Load level (%)
• Blinking: Polarity error or Ground Fault.
• Battery level (%)
Every 2 seconds before
• Steady (with alarm): Output Load is
• AVR-Boost/AVR Buck
battery Low and every 1
supplied by Battery.
• Battery Low/Replace/Fault
• Blinking every 5 seconds (no alarm):
second before battery
• UPS Fault
Stand by for Utility recovery to re-start up.
• Site Wiring Fault
When Overload, short circuit, or Output
• AC Mode: >110% Buzzer continuously alarms, and shuts down in
Voltage Abnormal occurs.
• Inverter Mode: >120% Buzzer continuously alarms, and shuts
• Blinking: Battery is weak and needs to be
down in 10 seconds.
• Steady: Battery is dead.
Short Circuit Protection:
• AC Mode: Breaker and electronic circuit
• Inverter Mode: Shut down automatically in 8 cycles
Connecting the Batteries
• Line Failure
The UPS1500 ships with the four batteries installed inside the unit. Before use, you will need
• Battery Low
to connect the main power connector inside the unit:
• Overload and Fault
Remove the Release tabs on the front panel (see FIG. 1) to expose the screws that
• Temperature: 32° - 104°F (0-40° C)
secure the Battery Compartment Cover.
• Operation Humidity: 95% RH Maximum, non-condensing
Remove the screws beneath the Release tabs (FIG. 4).
• 3.46" x 17.32" x 18.97" (8.80cm x 44.0cm x 48.2 cm)
Remove the Battery Compartment Cover to access the Battery Compartment.
• 2U rack height
Remove the screw holding the metal securing piece in place.
Slide the metal securing piece into the groove on the 4-pin connector (red) from the
Weight (with batteries):
70.3 lbs (31.89 kg)
battery cable harness.
• EN50091-1-1:1996 (Safety)
Connect the 4-pin connector to the matching connector inside the unit.
• FCC Part 15, Subpart B - Class A
Reattach the metal securing piece above the connector with the screw (FIG. 5).
• UL: YEDU.E166979