GE Model 19216
Wireless Door Chime Kit
Installation Instructions AC Wireless Chime Kit
Required Tools: Small flat blade screwdriver, drill,
1/16" drill bit, and phillips screwdriver.
(2) 3x20mm screws
(1) Double sided adhesive pad
The wireless door chime kit has two components:
Plugs into 120V outlet Battery included
Chime Tune Setting
All wireless chimes may have more than one push
button. The chime tune for each push button is set with
dip switches 1-3. Located inside the push button.
Single Push Button Kit: If you purchased a kit with a
single push button, the chime tune will be set to Ding
Dong from the factory.
Dual Push Button Kit: If you purchased a kit with two
push buttons, one push button will be set to Ding Dong
and the other push button will be set to Westminster
from the factory.
The following instructions explain how to change the
tune on any wireless push button.
1. Remove the cover from the push button - see
wireless push button battery.
2. Remove the battery from the push button transmitter.
3. Locate the 3 dip switches shown below.
4. Select the desired chime sound from the table below.
Chime Sound Table
Pushbutton House Code Jumpers Chime Dip Switches
Pushbutton Dip Switches and Jumpers
Setting The House Security Code
Each chime component has 4 jumpers for setting the
house security code. In most cases you will not need
to change the factory settings for the house security
code. If your chime activates intermittently or does not
work at all, you may be able to solve the problem by
changing your security code.
The chime and pushbutton must be set to the same
house security code for the combination to operate
1. Remove power from the chime.
2. To remove the batteries from the pushbutton, open
the pushbutton case as shown below.
3. Locate the House Security Code door and screw
located on the back of the Chime. Remove the
screw and take off the door.
4. Locate the chime and pushbutton jumpers shown
5. To change the house code, add or remove jumpers
as needed. It is recommended to change only one
jumper at a time and then test the system for proper
operation. The jumpers on the chime and pushbutton
must match exactly.
Wireless push button battery
To install or replace the battery in the wireless push
1. Remove the back cover of the push button.
2. Install the A23 (12 volt) battery with the negative
side of the battery (-) toward the spring and the
positive side of the battery (+) toward the positive
battery holder as shown below.
3. Replace back cover as shown below.
Push Button Mounting Instructions
Note: Avoid mounting on metal surfaces, as it may
result in a reduced range of transmission. Do not mount
in an area where exposed to direct rain.
a. Removing the back cover
b. Replacing the back cover
Mounting Push Button
1. Push buttons are typically mounted at the same
height as the door knob or handle (between 36" and
44" above the floor).
2. Before mounting, choose a mounting location that
is not farther than 150 feet from the chime unit
Not further than 150 feet
3. Before placing the pushbutton where you would like
to mount it, place the chime as close to final position
as possible. Test the operation before drilling. If it
works, mount the push button. If it does not work,
4. Use back cover of push button as a template to mark
two screw holes.
5. Drill two holes with 1/16" size drill in marked
6. Secure back cover to the mounting surface with two
supplied mounting screws.
7. Install the supplied 12V battery observing proper
polarity. (see battery installation section)
8. Press front housing onto back cover.
9. Test operation. If the chime does not work, see
If you do not want to drill holes in your door frame, you
can use the supplied double sided tape for installation.
1. Clean all mounting surfaces with a 50/50 mixture of
2. Remove the backing from one side of the double
sided tape and press the exposed side against the
back plate of the push button.
3. Remove the other backing strip and press the
exposed side against the door frame where you want
the button installed.
1. Plug the chime into a 120V AC outlet and slide the
power switch to the "On" position to turn on the
chime. The red LED power indicator will light.
2. Gently press transmitter button to sound chime.
Chime doesn't work:
1. Make sure push button switch is depressed and held
for at least 1 second.
2. Make sure house code switches 1-4 on chime and
push button match exactly.
3. Verify battery orientation in push button.
4. Try fresh batteries.
5. Make sure chime is not farther than 150 feet away
from push button.
6. Ensure push button is not mounted on metal, near
metal studs, or near the floor.
7. Try a new location for the chime.
Functional range may be adversely affected by one or
more of the following factors: weather, radio frequency
interference, low transmitter battery and obstructions
between the transmitter and receiver.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules.
Operation is subject to the following conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and
2. This device must accept interference received,
including any interference that may cause undesired
For technical support contact Jasco Products
Company at 1-800-654-8483
Made in China
is a trademark of
General Electric Company
and is used under license to
Jasco Products Company LLC,
10 E. Memorial Rd.,
Oklahoma City, OK 73114.