GE Model 19216
Setting The House Security Code
4. Locate the chime and pushbutton jumpers shown
2. Before mounting, choose a mounting location that
2. Gently press transmitter button to sound chime.
is not farther than 150 feet from the chime unit
Each chime component has 4 jumpers for setting the
5. To change the house code, add or remove jumpers
house security code. In most cases you will not need
as needed. It is recommended to change only one
Wireless Door Chime Kit
to change the factory settings for the house security
jumper at a time and then test the system for proper
Not further than 150 feet
Chime doesn't work:
code. If your chime activates intermittently or does not
operation. The jumpers on the chime and pushbutton
1. Make sure push button switch is depressed and held
work at all, you may be able to solve the problem by
must match exactly.
for at least 1 second.
Installation Instructions AC Wireless Chime Kit
changing your security code.
2. Make sure house code switches 1-4 on chime and
push button match exactly.
Required Tools: Small flat blade screwdriver, drill,
Wireless push button battery
3. Verify battery orientation in push button.
1/16" drill bit, and phillips screwdriver.
4. Try fresh batteries.
To install or replace the battery in the wireless push
5. Make sure chime is not farther than 150 feet away
from push button.
(2) 3x20mm screws
6. Ensure push button is not mounted on metal, near
(1) Double sided adhesive pad
1. Remove the back cover of the push button.
metal studs, or near the floor.
7. Try a new location for the chime.
The wireless door chime kit has two components:
3. Before placing the pushbutton where you would like
Functional range may be adversely affected by one or
to mount it, place the chime as close to final position
more of the following factors: weather, radio frequency
as possible. Test the operation before drilling. If it
interference, low transmitter battery and obstructions
works, mount the push button. If it does not work,
between the transmitter and receiver.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules.
4. Use back cover of push button as a template to mark
Operation is subject to the following conditions:
2. Install the A23 (12 volt) battery with the negative
two screw holes.
1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and
side of the battery (-) toward the spring and the
2. This device must accept interference received,
positive side of the battery (+) toward the positive
including any interference that may cause undesired
battery holder as shown below.
For technical support contact Jasco Products
Company at 1-800-654-8483
Plugs into 120V outlet Battery included
Chime Tune Setting
Made in China
All wireless chimes may have more than one push
button. The chime tune for each push button is set with
is a trademark of
dip switches 1-3. Located inside the push button.
General Electric Company
3. Replace back cover as shown below.
and is used under license to
Single Push Button Kit: If you purchased a kit with a
Jasco Products Company LLC,
single push button, the chime tune will be set to Ding
10 E. Memorial Rd.,
Dong from the factory.
5. Drill two holes with 1/16" size drill in marked
Oklahoma City, OK 73114.
Dual Push Button Kit: If you purchased a kit with two
push buttons, one push button will be set to Ding Dong
6. Secure back cover to the mounting surface with two
and the other push button will be set to Westminster
The chime and pushbutton must be set to the same
supplied mounting screws.
from the factory.
house security code for the combination to operate
7. Install the supplied 12V battery observing proper
polarity. (see battery installation section)
The following instructions explain how to change the
8. Press front housing onto back cover.
tune on any wireless push button.
1. Remove power from the chime.
Push Button Mounting Instructions
9. Test operation. If the chime does not work, see
2. To remove the batteries from the pushbutton, open
Note: Avoid mounting on metal surfaces, as it may
1. Remove the cover from the push button - see
the pushbutton case as shown below.
result in a reduced range of transmission. Do not mount
If you do not want to drill holes in your door frame, you
wireless push button battery.
in an area where exposed to direct rain.
can use the supplied double sided tape for installation.
2. Remove the battery from the push button transmitter.
1. Clean all mounting surfaces with a 50/50 mixture of
3. Locate the 3 dip switches shown below.
a. Removing the back cover
4. Select the desired chime sound from the table below.
2. Remove the backing from one side of the double
sided tape and press the exposed side against the
Chime Sound Table
back plate of the push button.
3. Remove the other backing strip and press the
exposed side against the door frame where you want
the button installed.
b. Replacing the back cover
Pushbutton House Code Jumpers Chime Dip Switches
Mounting Push Button
3. Locate the House Security Code door and screw
1. Push buttons are typically mounted at the same
1. Plug the chime into a 120V AC outlet and slide the
located on the back of the Chime. Remove the
height as the door knob or handle (between 36" and
power switch to the "On" position to turn on the
Pushbutton Dip Switches and Jumpers
screw and take off the door.
44" above the floor).
chime. The red LED power indicator will light.