DEFINITION OF USE
This washing machine is exclusively destined to wash
and spin machine washable laundry in quantities which
are usual for private households.
• Observe the instructions given in these Instructions
for Use and the Programme Chart when using the
1. Removing the packaging and inspection
• After unpacking, make sure that the washing
machine is undamaged. If in doubt, do not use the
washing machine. Contact After-Sales Service or
your local retailer.
• Check that the accessories and supplied parts are
• Keep the packaging materials (plastic bags,
polystyrene parts, etc.) out of reach of children,
as they are potentially dangerous.
• If the appliance was exposed to the cold prior to
delivery, keep it at room temperature for a few
hours before operating.
• The washing machine is fitted with transport
bolts to avoid any possible damage to the interior
during transport. Before using the machine, it is
imperative that the transport bolts are removed.
• After their removal, cover the openings with the
4 enclosed plastic caps.
3. Install the washing machine
• Remove the protective film from the control panel
(if available on your model).
• Move the appliance without lifting it by the worktop.
• Install the appliance on a solid and level floor
surface, preferably in a corner of the room.
• Make sure that all four feet are stable and resting
on the floor and then check that the washing
machine is perfectly level (use a spirit level).
• In case of wooden or so-called "floating floors"
(for instance certain parquet or laminate floors),
place the appliance on a 60 x 60 cm sheet of
plywood at least 3 cm in thickness which is
secured to the floor.
• Make sure that the ventilation openings in the base
of your washing machine (if available on your
model) are not obstructed by a carpet or other
• Connect the water inlet hose(s) to the drinking
water supply in accordance with the regulations
of your local water company.
• For models with one inlet valve: cold water
• For models with two inlet valves: cold AND hot
water, or cold water only (see chapter "Installation
• Water tap:
3/4" threaded hose connector
• Keep these Instructions for Use and the
Programme Chart; if you pass on the washing
machine to another person, also give him/her
Instructions for Use and Programme Chart.
• Water pressure
• Use only new hoses to connect the washing
machine to the water supply. Used hoses must
not be used and should be discarded.
• For models with hot fill: the hot water inlet
temperature must not exceed 60°C.
• Firmly connect the drain hose to the siphon, or
another outlet for drain water.
• If the washing machine is connected to an
integrated drainage system, ensure the latter is
equipped with a vent to avoid simultaneous
loading and draining of water (siphoning effect).
6. Electrical connection
• Electrical connections must be carried out by a
qualified technician in compliance with the
manufacturer's instructions and current standard
• Data regarding voltage, power consumption and
protection requirements is given on the inside of
• The appliance must be connected to the mains by
means of a socket with an earth connection in
accordance with current regulations.
The washing machine must be earthed by law.
The manufacturer declines all liability for damage
to property or injury to persons or animals due to
non-compliance with the directions given above.
• Do not use extension leads or multiple sockets.
• Before any maintenance on the washing machine
disconnect it from the mains supply.
• After installation, access to the mains plug or to
disconnection from mains supply must be
ensured at all times via a double-pole switch.
• Do not operate the washing machine if it has
been damaged during transport. Inform the
• Mains cable replacement is only to be carried out
by After-Sales Service.
• The appliance must only be used in the
household for the prescribed uses.
Minimum housing dimensions:
100-1000 kPa (1-10 bar).