DEFINITION OF USE
This washing machine is exclusively destined to wash
• Keep these Instructions for Use and the
and spin machine washable laundry in quantities which
Programme Chart; if you pass on the washing
are usual for private households.
machine to another person, also give him/her
• Observe the instructions given in these Instructions
Instructions for Use and Programme Chart.
for Use and the Programme Chart when using the
1. Removing the packaging and inspection
• Water pressure
100-1000 kPa (1-10 bar).
• After unpacking, make sure that the washing
• Use only new hoses to connect the washing
machine is undamaged. If in doubt, do not use the
machine to the water supply. Used hoses must
washing machine. Contact After-Sales Service or
not be used and should be discarded.
your local retailer.
• For models with hot fill: the hot water inlet
• Check that the accessories and supplied parts are
temperature must not exceed 60°C.
• Keep the packaging materials (plastic bags,
polystyrene parts, etc.) out of reach of children,
• Firmly connect the drain hose to the siphon, or
as they are potentially dangerous.
another outlet for drain water.
• If the appliance was exposed to the cold prior to
• If the washing machine is connected to an
delivery, keep it at room temperature for a few
integrated drainage system, ensure the latter is
hours before operating.
equipped with a vent to avoid simultaneous
loading and draining of water (siphoning effect).
• The washing machine is fitted with transport
6. Electrical connection
bolts to avoid any possible damage to the interior
• Electrical connections must be carried out by a
during transport. Before using the machine, it is
qualified technician in compliance with the
imperative that the transport bolts are removed.
manufacturer's instructions and current standard
• After their removal, cover the openings with the
4 enclosed plastic caps.
• Data regarding voltage, power consumption and
3. Install the washing machine
protection requirements is given on the inside of
• Remove the protective film from the control panel
• The appliance must be connected to the mains by
(if available on your model).
means of a socket with an earth connection in
• Move the appliance without lifting it by the worktop.
accordance with current regulations.
• Install the appliance on a solid and level floor
The washing machine must be earthed by law.
surface, preferably in a corner of the room.
The manufacturer declines all liability for damage
• Make sure that all four feet are stable and resting
to property or injury to persons or animals due to
on the floor and then check that the washing
non-compliance with the directions given above.
machine is perfectly level (use a spirit level).
• Do not use extension leads or multiple sockets.
• In case of wooden or so-called "floating floors"
• Before any maintenance on the washing machine
(for instance certain parquet or laminate floors),
disconnect it from the mains supply.
place the appliance on a 60 x 60 cm sheet of
• After installation, access to the mains plug or to
plywood at least 3 cm in thickness which is
disconnection from mains supply must be
secured to the floor.
ensured at all times via a double-pole switch.
• Make sure that the ventilation openings in the base
• Do not operate the washing machine if it has
of your washing machine (if available on your
been damaged during transport. Inform the
model) are not obstructed by a carpet or other
• Mains cable replacement is only to be carried out
by After-Sales Service.
• Connect the water inlet hose(s) to the drinking
• The appliance must only be used in the
water supply in accordance with the regulations
household for the prescribed uses.
of your local water company.
Minimum housing dimensions:
• For models with one inlet valve: cold water
• For models with two inlet valves: cold AND hot
water, or cold water only (see chapter "Installation
• Water tap:
3/4" threaded hose connector