Attaching the material to the mat
After preparing the mat and sheet (when cutting
fabric) appropriate for the material, attach the
material to the mat. For the mat and sheet
appropriate for the material, see "Mat and Material
Combinations" on page 16.
Fabric (Other Than for
Fabric (for Quilt Piecing) Page 21
a Mat suitable for the material
Attaching the Material (Paper)
Peel off the protective sheet from the adhesive
side of the mat.
• Do not discard the protective sheet peeled off
the mat; save it for later use.
• In order to maintain the adhesive strength,
attach the protective sheet to the adhesive side
of the mat after use.
• When the mat is not being used, clean the
adhesive side and affix the protective sheet
before storing it. For details, see "Cleaning the
Mat" on page 78.
Test attaching the material.
Before attaching the material to the mat, use a corner
of the adhesive side of the mat to test attaching it.
Check for the following when testing attaching the
• The color does not come off the material when it is
• The material is not torn or deformed when it is
If any problems occur when testing attaching, use
• Use the low tack adhesive mat with copy paper
and smooth paper. Since the standard mat has
a high adhesive strength, materials may remain
stuck to the mat, causing the mat to become
Attach the material to the mat's adhesive side.
• Place the material within the attaching area
(grid area) on the adhesive side. If the material
extends from the attaching area, it may be
damaged by the feed rollers when the mat is
• The mat does not have a top and bottom. It can
be inserted into the feed slot from either end.