Connecting an external device
Using the provided PC connection cable "SCU-20" or another optional cable, the
transceiver can be connected to a personnel computer as a COM port for the following
• Transferring GPS location data and import route mapping information into the
• Updating the transceiver firmware
• Packet communication
The DATA jack on the rear side of the transceiver permits connecting external devices
such as a computer. The pin assignment of the DATA jack is shown below.
Connecting to a computer
• PC connection cable "SCU-20" (supplied)... When connecting to the USB jack of the
To the transceiver
• Make sure to turn off the transceiver before connecting any cables.
• When using the SCU-20 PC connection cable, install the designated driver on the computer.
Download the driver and installation manual from the Yaesu website.
➀ PKD (packet data input)
➂ PSK (PTT)
➃ RX 9600 (9,600 bps packet data output)
➄ RX 1200 (1,200 bps packet data output)
➅ PK SQL (squelch control)
➆ TXD (serial data output [transceiver → PC])
➇ RXD (serial data input (transceiver ← PC])
➈ CTS (data communication control)
➉ RTS (data communication control)
To the computer