About the Firmware Update Procedure
Please download the firmware update from Pioneer Support web site and use a USB memory.
To create a USB memory for the update :
A USB memory device must be formatted in FAT or FAT32 (a device belongs to the USB mass storage
How to check if your CDJ-2000 requires the firmware update
1. Turn on the power of CDJ-2000.
2. Press [MENU / UTILITY] and hold for over 1 second. Then [UTILITY] screen is displayed.
3. Scroll the screen menu by a rotary selector, firmware VERSION No. will be displayed.
4. Press [MENU / UTILITY] to return to the menu screen.
Extract the Firmware File
Unzip the downloaded file"CDJ-2000v***.zip". Four files will appear.
C2KMAIN.UPD (*.***,*** bytes)
C2KGUI.UPD (*,***,*** bytes)
C2KPANL.UPD (***,*** bytes)
C2KDRIV.UPD (***,*** bytes)
Preparations for updating firmware
Copy the extracted firmware files to the root directory of a USB memory device.
* Do not change the name of the extracted files.
* Use a USB device formatted in FAT or FAT32 (mass storage class).
Program Update Procedures
1. Please set your CDJ player in status below.
No device connected (USB memory, SD Card, LINK or Computer)
No disc loaded
2. Turn on the power on your CDJ Player during pressing the both "USB" and "RELOOP/EXIT" buttons.
(Continue holding the both buttons until Pioneer DJ logo screen disappears.)
Please refer to latest information on the support web site for asterisks