1. If the display is not illuminated:
• Check to see whether the Coffee
Brewer is plugged into a grounded
3-prong outlet. If it is, check the fuse
or circuit breaker on the electrical circuit
the Coffee Brewer is connected to and
make sure the circuit is closed.
2. If only a portion of the water added
to the Coffee Brewer actually brews:
• The Coffee Brewer requires immediate
descaling. Please refer to "Descaling
the Coffee Brewer" in the "Care and
3. If the entire display flashes:
• There is no water in the water tank.
Press BREW to cancel the flashing and
let the Coffee Brewer cool down for
approximately 10 minutes. Fill the water
tank to the desired number of cups with
fresh, filtered water and continue with
the brewing cycle as described in the
"Brewing coffee" section.
4. If the problem cannot be corrected:
• See the "Warranty and service" section.
Do not return the Coffee Brewer to the
retailer; retailers do not provide service.