Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Windows
• Select Letter, Legal, or Folio sized paper when using the automatic 2-sided printing function.
• Make sure the back cover is closed.
• If paper is curled, straighten it and put it back in the paper tray.
• Use regular paper or thin paper. DO NOT use bond paper.
• If the paper is too thin, it may wrinkle.
• When you use the manual 2-sided printing function, it is possible there may be paper jams or poor print quality.
1. Select the print command in your application.
2. Select Dell MFP EXXXX (where XXXX is the name of your model), and then click the printing properties or
The printer driver window appears.
3. In the Orientation field, select either Portrait or Landscape option to set the orientation of your printout.
NOTE: If your application software contains a similar layout feature, we recommend using the one in the
4. Click the 2-sided / Booklet drop-down list, and then select the 2-sided or 2-sided (Manual) option.
2-sided (available only for certain models)
5. Click the 2-sided Settings button.
6. Select one of the options from the 2-sided Type menu.
When 2-sided is selected, four types of 2-sided binding are available for each orientation:
Automatically prints on both sides of the paper.
The machine prints all the even-numbered pages on one side
of the paper first. Then, the printer driver instructs you (with a
pop-up message) to reinsert the paper.