1. Press Menu.
2. Press p or q to display the Fax option, and then press OK.
3. Press p or q to display the Miscellaneous option, and then press OK.
4. Press p or q to display the Compatibility option, and then press OK.
5. Press p or q to display the High, Normal, or Basic (for VoIP) option, and then press OK.
Basic (for VoIP)
6. Press Cancel.
• Error Messages
Your Dell machine will display an error message if an error occurs. The most common error messages are shown
in the chart.
• Where Can I Find My Dell Machine's Network Settings?
• I Cannot Complete the Wireless Network Setup Configuration.
• My Dell Machine Cannot Print or Scan over the Network.
• My Dell Machine is not Found on the Network Even After Successful Installation.
• My Security Settings are not Working Properly.
• I Want to Check that My Network Devices are Working Correctly.
Related Models:Dell E514dw / Dell E515dw
Your Dell machine will display an error message if an error occurs. The most common error messages are shown in
Cannot Connect A device is
Select High to set the modem speed at 33600 bps.
Select Normal to set the modem speed at 14400 bps.
Select Basic (for VoIP) to reduce the modem speed to 9600 bps and turn off
Error Correction Mode (ECM). Unless interference is a recurring problem on your
telephone line, you may prefer to use it only when needed.
To improve compatibility with most VoIP services, Dell recommends changing the
compatibility setting to Basic (for VoIP).
Two mobile devices are already
connected to the Wi-Fi Direct network
when the Dell machine is the Group
Other devices are trying to connect to
the Wi-Fi Direct network at the same
After the current connection between
your Dell machine and another mobile
device has shut down, try to configure
the Wi-Fi Direct settings again. You
can confirm the connection status by
printing the Network Configuration
Make sure there are no other devices
trying to connect to the Wi-Fi Direct
network, and then try to configure the
Wi-Fi Direct settings again.