• Switch oﬀ, remove the plug from the
socket and let the appliance cool down
before leaving it unattended and before
changing, cleaning or inspecting any
parts of the appliance.
• When not in use, the appliance should be
stored in a dry place. Children should not
have access to stored appliances.
Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches
and any other conditions that may a ect
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised
• Before use, check the power supply cord
for signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power
supply cord or mains plug is damaged or
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be
repaired by an authorised repair agent in
order to avoid a hazard. Do not cut the
power supply cord and do not attempt
to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those speciﬁed in this
This product must be earthed.
Always check that the mains voltage
corresponds to the voltage on the rating
Appliance plugs must match the outlet.
Never modify the plug in any way. Do not
use any adapter plugs with earthed (Class 1)
appliances. Unmodiﬁed plugs and matching
outlets will reduce the risk of electric shock.
Extension cables & class 1 product
• A 3 core cable must be used as your tool
is earthed and of class 1 construction.
• Up to 30m (100 ft) can be used without
loss of power.
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorised BLACK+DECKER Service
Centre in order to avoid a hazard.
Additional safety instructions for
co ee makers
Warning! The lid may become hot
Warning! Steam may escape from
• Allow the appliance to cool before ﬁtting
or removing any parts and before
• During use, the carafe and the hotplate
can get very hot.
• Do not use the appliance if the carafe
shows any sign of cracks.
• Do not immerse the appliance in liquid.
Caution: hot surface.