When using your equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce risk of
fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
1. Readall of the instructionslisted here and/or in the usermanual before you operate the device. Give
particular attention to all safety precautions. Retain the instructionsfor future reference.
2. Thisdevice must be installed and usedin strict accordance with the installation manual and/or useand
3. Comply with all warning and caution statementsin the instructions.
4. Thethermostat can be powered by two AA batteries or by a connection to a 24VAC power source
(C-wire).Always install the 2 AA batteries so that they will run the Smart Thermostatin case of a power
5. Never connect any terminal of the thermostat to 120/220V AC; this may cause seriousdamage to the
thermostat and even your HVAC system.
6. Do not install this thermostat at an altitude of over 6500 feet (2000 meters).
7. Thisstandalone mounted electronic thermostat servesas a temperature control systemonly in dry,
closed living or office spaces.Do not place it in a bathroom or area of excessivemoisture.Do not allow
it to get wet.
8. Thisdevice should not be used in an environmentthat is below 32°F (0°C) and above 104°F(50°C),
humidity above 80%.
9. Do not expose the thermostat to voltage fluctuations of more than+/-10%.
10. Cleanthe thermostat with a dry, soft cloth. Do not usesolventsor aggressivecleaning agents. NEVER
usedetergents, gasoline, glass cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner, or other householdsolventsto
clean any part of the thermostat.
11. Never place anything over the air ventsof the thermostat.
12. Never drop any liquid or chemical insideof the thermostat through the air vents.
13. DO NOT useoutdoors.
14. DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electronic or mechanical functions on this thermostat. Doing so
will void your warranty. Theinside of the unit contains no user serviceableparts.
DO NOT Block air vents of the thermostat.
NOTE: incorrect connection of HVAC wires to thermostat terminals may cause unrecoverable damage to
your HVAC system, incorrect wiring connection voids all thermostat warranty coverage. Nor is thermostat
seller or manufacturer responsible for any HVAC system damage due to incorrect wiring connection.