Tip: You can also place a call directly from the Contacts list. Swipe the entry you want to call from left to
right to place a call to the entry's primary number.
Call Using a Speed Dial Number
Speed dial numbers let you dial numbers by touching and holding a single number on the dial pad. See
for information on assigning speed dial numbers.
2. Touch and hold the speed dial key on the dial pad. The display confirms that you have dialed the
number when it shows "Dialing" on the upper right side of the screen.
Call a Number in a Text Message or Email Message
You can call a number in a text message or email message.
– or –
2. Touch the message or email with the phone number, and then touch the phone number.
3. The Phone screen is displayed with the phone number filled in and ready to be dialed. To place
the call, touch
You can make and receive calls via a Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi Calling is an excellent solution for coverage
issues in and around the home or wherever cellular coverage is limited.
When Wi-Fi Calling is enabled, all incoming and outgoing calls will be made via your Wi-Fi network.
Minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against your available rate plan minutes.
To enable Wi-Fi Calling, see
Call Emergency Numbers
You can place calls to 9-1-1 even if the phone's screen is locked or your account is restricted.
When the Phone's Screen Is Locked
1. Unlock the screen. For more information, see
2. Touch Emergency call on the screen.
Phone > Keypad tab.
Wi-Fi Calling Settings
Turn Your Screen On and Off