From the Swype keyboard, touch and hold
Your phone gives you many options to make entering text easier—including copying, cutting, and pasting
text, using voice-to-text input, and more.
Note: Some apps do not support text editing, while others may offer their own way to select and edit text.
Edit Existing Text
1. Touch the text at the point you want to edit. The selection cursor
2. Touch and drag
3. Enter additional text, or delete text by touching
Copy, Delete, or Replace Text
1. Touch and hold the text or word you want to select. The selected text is highlighted between
2. Touch and drag either cursor to select more or less text.
3. Touch an option from the Edit text menu bar. You can drag your finger along the menu bar to see
all the options:
Select all: Highlight all the text in the field.
Cut: Remove the selected text and save it to the clipboard.
Copy: Copy the selected text to the clipboard.
Paste: Insert the most recent copied or cut text into the current field.
Clipboard: Display the clipboard to choose previously cut or copied text.
Translate: Launch S Translator to translate the selected text. For more information, see
to a better position, if necessary.
. For more information, see
displays at the point you