Keywords are a combination of their usage definition and the content definitions for that usage. All this information
is stored in the configuration file which is transferred to the DPM. On the DPM, the authors can select from the
predefined entries and assign them to their dictations. These entries are saved together with the dictation and can
finally be used by the transcriptionist for filtering the dictations.
For more information on DPM Keywords, refer to the SpeechExec Dictate Online Help.
Example: Assigning Keywords
In the example, the following Keywords have been defined with SpeechExec Dictate:
This information is transferred to the DPM where the author makes the required Keyword assignments.
1. Press the Jog Dial for about two seconds to access the DPM menu and display the Keyword's usage
Note: If a Keyword assignment has already been made, the current assignment is displayed as the menu
entry, for example: AUTHOR: Jones
2. Confirm the Keyword selection by pressing the Jog Dial. The Keyword's content definitions are displayed:
Jones, Singh, Watson
3. Move the Jog Dial to scroll to the name you want to assign.
4. Confirm your selection by pressing the Jog Dial and to return to the DPM main menu.
5. Assign a second Keyword by moving the Jog Dial to display its usage definition: PATIENT
6. Confirm the Keyword selection by pressing the Jog Dial. The Keyword's content definitions are displayed:
Peter, Steve, Patricia
7. Move the Jog Dial to scroll to the subject you want to assign.
8. Confirm your selection by pressing the Jog Dial and to return to the DPM main menu.
9. Assign a third Keyword by repeating the steps from above: DOCUMENT
DPM 9450 - User Manual