Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all
This is the safety alert symbol.
This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can kill or hurt you and others.
All safety messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the word "DANGER" or
"WARNING." These words mean:
You can be killed or seriously injured if you don't
You can be killed or seriously injured
if you don't
All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the chance of injury, and tell you
what can happen if the instructions are not followed.
When using the dishwasher, follow basic precautions, including the following:
• Read all instructions before using the dishwasher.
• Use the dishwasher only for its intended function.
• Use only detergents or rinse agents recommended for
use in a dishwasher, and keep them out of the reach
• When loading items to be washed:
1) Locate sharp items so that they are not likely to
damage the door seal; and
2) Load sharp knives with the handles up to reduce
the risk of cut-type injuries.
• Do not wash plastic items unless they are marked
"dishwasher safe" or the equivalent. For plastic items
not so marked, check the manufacturer's
• Do not touch the heating element during or
immediately after use.
• Do not operate the dishwasher unless all enclosure
panels are properly in place.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not abuse, sit on, or stand on the door, lid, or dish
racks of the dishwasher.
• To reduce the risk of injury, do not allow children to
play in or on the dishwasher.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not been
used for two weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS
EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not been
used for such a period, before using the dishwasher
turn on all hot water faucets and let the water flow
from each for several minutes. This will release any
accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is flammable,
do not smoke or use an open flame during this time.
• Remove the door or lid to the washing compartment
when removing an old dishwasher from service or
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
State of California Proposition 65 Warnings:
WARNING: This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer.
WARNING: This product contains one or more chemicals known to the State of California to cause birth defects or
other reproductive harm,