6-7 Vent Exhaust Blower Motor
THIS COMPONENT REQUIRE REMOVAL OF
MICROWAVE OVEN FROM INSTALLATION FOR
The blower is a two speed (HI-LO) capacitor run
blower assembly located on top of the microwave
oven. The blower is operated by low voltage relays
located on the smart board.
The blower motor has 3 winding which can be tested
for continuity from the front by removing the top grille
and opening the control panel.
The run capacitor is located behind the top grille
above the control area. The capacitor is used for
more torque and electrical phasing. Without the
capacitor the blower might run but would be much
TO TEST THE CAPACITOR
1. Remove grille, discharge capacitor and disconnect
one capacitor lead.
2. Make appropriate capacitor check (with analog
meter needle should rise then fall, cap is charging
TO TEST BLOWER WINDINGS:
1. Disconnect power and remove grille.
2. Open control panel and discharfe capacitor.
3. Disconnent two wires to run capacitor. Continuity
test across the two wires should ve approximately
75 ohms of resistance. This test allows you to
read across all three windings at the same time.
TO REMOVE VENT BLOWER
1. Remove unit from its installation.
2. Remove 5 screws securing damper and motor
assembly to top and back of unit and lift off. (1
screw is located under damper.)
3. Disconnect blower plug.
NOTE: Place blower wires in routing slots to
avoid pinching of wires.
BLOWER & DAMPER
ASM MTG SCREWS
- 17 -