DE -S C AL I N G WIT H AUTO CLEA N
Over time, calcium deposits or "scale" may build up in your brewer. Scale is
nontoxic but if left unattended can hinder brewer performance. Regularly de-
scaling your brewer helps to maintain quality coffee as well as the lifespan of
the heating element, and other internal parts that come in contact with water
throughout the brew process.
To make the de-scaling process as effortless as possible, an Auto Clean system
has been programmed into your coffeemaker.
When is it time to Auto Clean?
After every 60 brews, an icon reading 'CL' will begin to flash prior to brewing
your coffee. This is to alert you that it is time to de-scale your coffeemaker.
After you run the Auto Clean system, the alert will reset and blinking will stop,
until it is time to clean the unit again.
How do I use Auto Clean?
Follow the simple steps below. Your coffeemaker will take care of the rest.
1. Fill the water reservoir approximately half-way with white vinegar.
2. Fill the remaining half of the water reservoir with cool water.
3. Place a paper basket filter into the brew basket, close the lid and place the empty
carafe onto the carafe plate.
4. Press and hold both the 'AUTO' button for five seconds to start the Auto Clean
Note: The icon reading 'CL' will remain lit to indicate that the Auto Clean system is
5. Leave unit to Auto Clean for approximately 60 minutes.
6. When Auto Clean has finished, the 'CL' icon will turn off.
7. Discard the liquid in the carafe.
8. Using water only, run a minimum of two full brew cycles through your
9. Wash, rinse and dry each removable piece of your coffeemaker (see the Basic
Cleaning section of this guide for specific instructions).
Wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
Wash by hand in warm soapy water, or in the
dishwasher (top rack only).
Wash by hand in warm soapy water