BR EW I NG CO FF EE
1. Open your coffeemaker's filter basket lid.
2. Fill the water reservoir with fresh, cool water using the easy view water window
lines as a guide. Do not fill past the highest marked line.
3. Place appropriate paper filter into the brew basket (see GETTING TO KNOW
YOUR COFFEEMAKER section for assistance in filter selection).
4. Add ground coffee (we suggest 1 tablespoon per cup) into
the paper filter
5. Ensure brew basket is secured in place.
6. Close filter basket lid.
7. Ensure the carafe is placed on the carafe plate with lid closed or secured
tightly. Coffee may run over if carafe lid is not correctly in place.
8. For immediate brewing press the Power button. To use the Auto Brew Delay
Start, Brew Strength Selector or 1-4 Cup setting, follow the instructions in the
"PROGRAMMING YOUR COFFEEMAKER" section of this guide.
9. While brewing, the Sneak-A-Cup™ feature stops coffee flow out of the unit,
allowing you to pour a cup of coffee before the brew cycle finishes. Always
return the carafe on to the carafe plate within 20 seconds to prevent coffee
10. When the brewing cycle is complete, the Fresh Brew Timer will begin.
To turn off the coffeemaker at any time, press the Power button.
12. When coffee grounds are cool, carefully remove and dispose of the
used grounds and filter.
13. Clean your coffeemaker according to the instruction in the
"CARE AND CLEANING" section.
CA RE A N D C LEA N IN G
Follow the directions below to clean your coffeemaker after each use.
Make sure your coffeemaker is unplugged and cool.
Open your coffeemaker's filter basket lid and remove the brew basket.
Throw away the used paper filter and coffee grounds.
Wash the brew basket and carafe by hand in warm, soapy water or on the top
rack of your dishwasher.
Wipe the outside of the coffeemaker, power cord and carafe plate with a
soft, damp cloth.
To clean the inside of the filter basket lid, open the filter basket lid and wipe
with a damp cloth.
Note: Do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads, and never immerse the
coffeemaker in water.