SAfETY GUIDELINES - DEfINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
avoided, may result in minor or mod er ate injury.
situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
IMPORTANT SAfETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEfORE USING THIS APPLIANCE.
Failure to follow the warnings and instructions listed below may result in electric
shock, fire and/or serious injury.
the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm such
as asbestos and lead in lead based paint.
use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been
dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord
around sharp edges or corners. Do not run appliance over cord. Keep cord away
from heated surfaces.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle charger, including charger plug, and charger terminals with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free
of dust,lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and
• Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
• Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as gasoline, or use in
areas where they may be present.
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or
• Do not use without dust bag and/or filters in place.
• Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not
Indicates a potentially haz ard ous situation which, if not
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous
Read all safety warnings and all instructions.
Some household dust contains chemicals known to
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
To reduce the risk of electric shock – Do not